What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Pinball Competitions

I love White Water but I don't like the camera angles on the Zen version. Really hard to play the upper pf.

Decent game on Acdc tonight though.

Attachments

• IMG_20190618_232301.jpg
    IMG_20190618_232301.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 28
@yellowreggae Nice score! Reminds me, I need to get back to MUSTANG, CLASS OF 1812 and SPACE SHUTTLE (remake) to try and improve my scores before the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New tournament up for PBFX3:

1308b79e955d5c9ba9b690965fdc6f5f.jpg

RED & TED’s ROAD SHOW | Classic-Arcade | 10 Days | Unlimited Attempts | Created by user: monkeyspasm | p/w to join: pikmin

e65af4e277e6dba7df1b5234d48a9177.jpg

68701c04b066fbe0e47d9ec3eedd5d3e.jpg

4bf080712a71fd16480e282362e5e9ac.jpg

With this table we have now exhausted all the currently available ‘real-life’ tables within PBFX3. We will be taking a short summer break after this tournament to allow Zen some time to release some more Williams/Bally tables.

So join in everyone, post a score and let’s make this one a blast!

Final day both our in-game PBFX3 tourney on RED & TED’s ROAD SHOW and the monthly high-score chase on MUSTANG, SPACE SHUTTLE remake and CLASS OF 1812. So get your submissions in today.

I failed to improve upon my pre-existing scores for both CLASS OF 1812 and SPACE SHUTTLE remake but here are those scores anyway:
380280c5609aa3017f64892d8406f081.jpg
1fa65356c80a5e6efec050903a55f6cb.jpg

And the best I could achieve on MUSTANG during the past 30 days was:
597f198d25d787d8eb9c150bbd6445d5.jpg

b096bb64114657082f38af566bbc0397.jpg

7161f887884986beb1550e89e98250ad.jpg

9d96d23699ffb07e9b136d0a8a42d53c.jpg

And finally 15th place...

0bd2d802960a69c8dc224a674add88f2.jpg

There’s a recurring bug when viewing the completed tourney screen whereby the lowest score on any given screen disappears. So Alanar’s score is a snap I managed to take a couple of hrs before the tourney closed.

Anyways, thanks to all who have taken part. We’re now taking a summer break for a month or two and shall return when Zen release some more ‘real-life’ tables.

Just a heads up that many of the Stern tables are currently discounted both for THE PINBALL ARCADE and STERN PINBALL on Nintendo Switch eShop. At least in Europe.

dd0f124f8322d055ad079d3d6e087b50.jpg

Belated results for June’s high-score competitions. Again, we’re taking a summer break from these non-PBFX3 challenges and due to the waning number of participants we may have to rethink whether we bring these back after the break or just stick to PBFX3 in-game tournaments.

The reason I stopped taking part in these monthly contests was the way I lost in the one I participated. I don't mind losing, but one player just submitted higher scores for all the tables on the last day of the month, leaving me no time to try and respond.

I know, I could have tried for higher scores on them beforehand, but when you are in the lead (or so you think) by a nice margin, there is no real incentive to do so. But it seems clear they were just hanging on to them until almost the last moment, to deliberately ensure nobody could respond.

Whilst not against any rules, it annoyed me enough for me to stop taking part.

I'm too tight to buy the PBFX3 B/W table packs and am waiting for them on sale so I'm stuck with Fish Tales (which is a very good place to be :D ).

Further Mario Maker 2 is being delivered imminently so that'll be consuming the Switch cycles for the foreseeable:thumbs:

@Martywolfman Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know. Happy to hear alternatives to how things are done for non-PBFX 3 tourneys once we come back from this little hiatus. Otherwise, I assume it will just be in-game tourneys on Zen’s PBFX3 from here on out.

@astyy Fair enough. Enjoying the break from digital pinball myself. Playing some MARIO MAKER 2 with my son and even dug out the trusty 3DS to tick some games off my backlog.

I'm too tight to buy the PBFX3 B/W table packs and am waiting for them on sale so I'm stuck with Fish Tales (which is a very good place to be :D ).

Further Mario Maker 2 is being delivered imminently so that'll be consuming the Switch cycles for the foreseeable:thumbs:

I prefer the pinball arcade online tournaments

@Benleigh250 “ I prefer Pinball Arcade Online Tournaments”

- Do you mean Zen’s PINBALL FX3 or has FarSight been running something for THE PINBALL ARCADE?

It’s The pinball arcade free to enter but it’s helpful to own the tables that get featured

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We’ve started back up the ‘Adult Switch Gamers’ Discord’ Digital Pinball Tourneys. If anyone wants to join in, feel free. Password is: pikmin (all small case).

cec51c9f6ce226faa0034ef06221fc36.jpg

Please note: If you win, you will need to select the next table and create the new tourney. We tend to predominantly be Nintendo Switch players, so make sure you use a platform that allow for cross-play with Nintendo Switch.

Please let me know the details to join, so I can post it over on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord if you aren’t active on the relevant thread over there. Cheers.

Last edited:
We’ve started back up the ‘Adult Switch Gamers’ Discord’ Digital Pinball Tourneys. If anyone wants to join in, feel free. Password is Pikmin (try all caps if it doesn’t work first time).

cec51c9f6ce226faa0034ef06221fc36.jpg

Please note: If you win, you will need to select the next table and create the new tourney. We tend to predominantly be Nintendo Switch players, so make sure you use a platform that allow for cross-play with Nintendo Switch.

Please let me know the details to join, so I can post it over on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord if you aren’t active on the relevant thread over there. Cheers.

Sorry I’m sure I’ve asked this question before but looking to get the switch in a few months time

What’s the name of the switch software? Is it the pinball arcade?

We focusing solely on PINBALL FX3 at the moment as the interest in TPA, STERN and ZACCARIA dwindled to nothing.

You can still enter this JUNKYARD tourney using PBFX3 on either Nintendo Switch, Steam or XBOX ONE as they are all cross-play compatible.

By the way, I think we played a quick two-player game together of THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II at PinFest this past weekend?

We focusing solely on PINBALL FX3 at the moment as the interest in TPA, STERN and ZACCARIA dwindled to nothing.

You can still enter this JUNKYARD tourney using PBFX3 on either Nintendo Switch, Steam or XBOX ONE as they are all cross-play compatible.

By the way, I think we played a quick two-player game together of THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II at PinFest this past weekend?

Yes I think we did! So many games and people to mix with! Hopefully we will play some more games next year? Or if we meet again at a future pinball event prior to that?

Managed 17 million on the actual junkyard machine!

f34e2e2ab316ed6e0dfa30ced936b68c.jpg

I actually found that I did better on the real JUNKYARD machine than I normally do in PBFX3. The digital recreation seems far more punishing. I think I averaged anywhere between 20 and 60 million over the weekend. I play causally and never really take notice of the scores in real-life as I always just assume I’m terrible. Only played real machines for the first time earlier this year. I like to take a pic of each table I play but I’ll try and remember to take a shot of the score too in future. Help me keep track of whether I am getting better or worse, lol!

However, I did manage to enter my name twice on JUNKYARD at PinFest for 2nd and 4th highest score but I suspected it was only because the machine got reset each morning.

Within PBFX3 on JUNKYARD, I’ve only ever gotten over 100 million once in a tourney and it was by reaching that Outer Space fight with Crazy Bob it whatever his name is. Great table though.

I actually found that I did better on the real JUNKYARD machine than I normally do in PBFX3. The digital recreation seems far more punishing. I think I averaged anywhere between 20 and 60 million over the weekend. I play causally and never really take notice of the scores in real-life as I always just assume I’m terrible. Only played real machines for the first time earlier this year.

However, I did manage to enter my name twice on JUNKYARD at PinFest for 2nd and 4th highest score but I suspected it was only because the machine got reset each morning.

Well done! I’ve been struggling on that game up until now! At pinfest made my first breakthrough on that game.

Just to confirm, the password to join the PBFX3 tourney for JUNKYARD is pikmin (all small case).

@amb47uk Steam players of PBFX3 can access and join tournaments created on Steam (naturally) and Nintendo Switch and XBOX ONE. Basically, those three platforms are cross-play enabled and Sony is the odd one out refusing to play along.

Search for tournaments created by Lroy and the p/w is: pikmin

@amb47uk Steam players of PBFX3 can access and join tournaments created on Steam (naturally) and Nintendo Switch and XBOX ONE. Basically, those three platforms are cross-play enabled and Sony is the odd one out refusing to play along.

Search for tournaments created by Lroy and the p/w is: pikmin

Tried to search for this is this accessible via the Nintendo store?

@Benleigh250 Is what searchable? The actual digital pinball game PINBALL FX3?

This is a free multi-platform game. It comes with two free tables and then you purchase table packs within the game itself.

It’s also on mobile but that is a different version not compatible with these tournaments.

Tried to search for this is this accessible via the Nintendo store?

Yes here - https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Pinball-FX3-1316888.html
It's slightly unusual as so much as it's only available as download (vs physical cartridge) and most of the cost is the DLC i.e. the extra machines. Once you get your Switch the shop stuff is better laid out in the Eshop that's accessible from it. I read above you're getting a Switch soon, you may know, but search out the "red box" version as that's the later revision already available here in a couple of places e.g. https://www.shopto.net/en/swhw33-nintendo-switch-1-1-neon-red-neon-blue-p113520/
1566908746057.png

Thanks for this may wait for the mobile only version to launch in November as it’s Jess if an outlay since will use the switch for mobile gaming

@Benleigh250 Hmm, I’d think very carefully about whether you want a Switch Lite as a digital pinball device. The joy-cons are fixed I believe? And you can’t dock the console to a big screen.

In my experience, for pinball, the Switch is best played docked, using a decent monitor or large TV screen with a dedicated controller such as the Switch Pro Controller or alternative. Or, if playing in handheld, put the Switch in TATE/vertical screen mode in a stand and use a separate controller. That at least offers you more utilisation of the limited screen size. The Switch Lite model has an even smaller screen.

Just my own preference, others may have contrasting opinions.

Back
Top Bottom