What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Pinball Competitions

JUNKYARD! Results:

5889a46f843afadc39f8fc29d86960ce.jpg

49fac463182361a1778ba28791e75d18.jpg

55acdb20894fb5716a7f3e305b10bfb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, hope it's OK to join!

I'm new here and should do a newbie post but I'll summarise here for now...
I grew up playing pinball on pc, starting with amiga, although not knowing what I was doing..earliest real pinball memory was T2 on Clacton pier. Played Pro pinball on my pc a lot and in recent years played pinball fx2 on pc but recently rediscovered pinball thanks to Pinball fx3 on switch.. The real tables have added another level.

I'm the last two months I've been to Flip out London twice and UKPinfest... So here I am!

I've joined the tournament but haven't played black rose much so looking forward to seeing how I do!

@David_Vi Welcome to the forum and you’re most welcome to play along with these PBFX3 tourneys. UK PinFest was fantastic wasn’t it. Miss it already. Booked my hotel room for the next one yesterday. Wayhoo!

BLACK ROSE is probably my least played and least liked real-life table currently in PBFX3. I’ve never played this table in real-life so can’t speak to that but this emulated version just seems to be hard as nails. And the sadist who picked this table for this tourney chose the rock-hard ‘tournament’ difficulty/rule set to boot. Arghhh!!!

@David_Vi Welcome to the forum and you’re most welcome to play along with these PBFX3 tourneys. UK PinFest was fantastic wasn’t it. Miss it already. Booked my hotel room for the next one yesterday. Wayhoo!

BLACK ROSE is probably my least played and least liked real-life table currently in PBFX3. I’ve never played this table in real-life so can’t speak to that but this emulated version just seems to be hard as nails. And the sadist who picked this table for this tourney chose the rock-hard ‘tournament’ difficulty/rule set to boot. Arghhh!!!

It was fantastic! I am looking to book next year up. I only did Sunday this year due to work and stayed in a local bnb but the other half is keen to spend the whole weekend at the event... Lucky me!
I feel like my life has improved since rediscovering pinball 😂 found something me and the missus can enjoy together.

I got a flip grip for my switch so I can play in portrait easily... Hot tip!

I might give this a blast - just noticed the thread. (Though I only have a handful of FX tables.. I preferred PA over this - mostly because it was recreations not new tables.. On a related note I do recall having a williams pinball game for 360 with a whole bunch of tables that ive not seen since :( )

@HomerRamone Yeah, I have a Williams Collection game for PS3 and a Gottlieb one for the Wii both by FarSight. They followed these games up with THE PINBALL ARCADE, I still play TPA and STERN on my Switch along with ZACCARIA PINBALL. Unfortunately, these games are hard to drum up interest for community tourneys in my experience.

Hence why we have decided to solely focus on Zen’s PBFX3 going forward. The Williams/Bally tables look stunning and play far more realistically in PBFX3 than they do in TPA or STERN in my opinion. Just wish Zen would release more packs based on real-life tables quicker. The wait between Volume 4 and the next one is killing me.

@David_Vi Cool, my passion for this newly discovered hobby is also spreading to my wife. She joined my for the entire VIP ticket wkend last month and we intend to do the same at UK PinFest 2020. Hopefully, we can exchange pleasantries and even have a 4-player game at the event.

@HomerRamone Yeah, I have a Williams Collection game for PS3 and a Gottlieb one for the Wii both by FarSight. They followed these games up with THE PINBALL ARCADE, I still play TPA and STERN on my Switch along with ZACCARIA PINBALL. Unfortunately, these games are hard to drum up interest for community tourneys in my experience.

Hence why we have decided to solely focus on Zen’s PBFX3 going forward. The Williams/Bally tables look stunning and play far more realistically in PBFX3 than they do in TPA or STERN in my opinion. Just wish Zen would release more packs based on real-life tables quicker. The wait between Volume 4 and the next one is killing me.

I do have a couple of the packs for PFX3. (I find it quite annoying they seem to be just doing the ones that were already on PA - give us some new ones !! [shakes fist])

I wish they would release one a month like TPA did. Releasing four in one go is a bit overwhelming and then you end up with a long wait for the next one's. I want to see No Good Gofers released as the VPX one isn't great. Played that a lot on TPA but TPA feels too floaty after playing PFX3.

This is my friend code,
SW-8185-4025-9327
it would be great if you folks could add me, it'll make finding the tournament easier and add more names to my leader boards. My other friends stopped playing when I beat them all and it would be good to have some more challenges!

@David_Vi Cool, my passion for this newly discovered hobby is also spreading to my wife. She joined my for the entire VIP ticket wkend last month and we intend to do the same at UK PinFest 2020. Hopefully, we can exchange pleasantries and even have a 4-player game at the event.

That sounds like a plan! Where are you located?
Seems we have a bit in common there 😁

@David_Vi Yep, already added you on Switch buddy. I’m West Midlands based but do have family nearer your neck of the woods, Kent yes?

If you ever fancy a trip up to TILT in Birmingham, let me know or feel free to suggest an alternative pin venue in the middle of us. Should warn you though, takes a bit of advance planning to get one of our Mothers to agree to have the kids, lol!

@David_Vi Yep, already added you on Switch buddy. I’m West Midlands based but do have family nearer your neck of the woods, Kent yes?

If you ever fancy a trip up to TILT in Birmingham, let me know or feel free to suggest an alternative pin venue in the middle of us. Should warn you though, takes a bit of advance planning to get one of our Mothers to agree to have the kids, lol!

Do you plan to be at TILT on 2/3 November? Pin golf on sat and head to head on the sun? Probably won’t make it for pin golf but will be there for the Sunday event.

I'm in Colchester, Essex. Do travel around the UK quite a bit for gigs so it's possible. Quite busy for rest of the year though.

I don't know many pin places yet, just Flip out in Croydon and the odd machine in pubs when I've travelled. I was aware of TILT, might need to plan a trip sometime.

@Benleigh250 Sent you a PM about Tilt, Ben, as I realised I hadn’t responded to your message about Electric Circus visit dates. Most likely see you at next year’s PinFest.

@Benleigh250 Sent you a PM about Tilt, Ben, as I realised I hadn’t responded to your message about Electric Circus visit dates. Most likely see you at next year’s PinFest.

No worries just seen it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@David_Vi Outside of PinFest, the only place I’ve managed to get out to play pinball is at Tilt. Well worth a visit.

Am intending to visit Arcade Club in Bury before the end of the year but have read comments on here in the past, that the tables are in poor condition?

@David_Vi Outside of PinFest, the only place I’ve managed to get out to play pinball is at Tilt. Well worth a visit.

Am intending to visit Arcade Club in Bury before the end of the year but have read comments on here in the past, that the tables are in poor condition?

Been there in May pinball tables were in playable condition but not as well maintained as the ones at flip out. Really impressed with the range of video games and would visit again if I was in the area.

Man alive Black Rose is evil !

I somehow managed to fluke a 90-odd Million score and now have the bizarre experience of having my highest score for this table in the hardest difficulty setting: tournament.

Usually, on PBFX3 Williams/Bally tables. Normal is the highest, then Classic-Arcade (my preferred difficulty/physics engine) and then lowest the rock hard Tournament difficulty, lol!

How many pinball machines did they have Ben @Benleigh250 ? Got a choice of going to Leeds or Manchester Arcade Club will likely go to the venue that has the most pins [emoji6]

How many pinball machines did they have Ben @Benleigh250 ? Got a choice of going to Leeds or Manchester Arcade Club will likely go to the venue that has the most pins [emoji6]

Please see you r other thread for answer

I somehow managed to fluke a 90-odd Million score and now have the bizarre experience of having my highest score for this table in the hardest difficulty setting: tournament.

Usually, on PBFX3 Williams/Bally tables. Normal is the highest, then Classic-Arcade (my preferred difficulty/physics engine) and then lowest the rock hard Tournament difficulty, lol!

I did ok on the other tables.. But this one was mocking me royally.

I haven't played Black Rose since I got the first Williams pack till now.
I remember playing it over and over and being so frustrated!
It seems I'm a little better now but still what a punishing table.

At least you can keep trying on the tournament 😁
By the way my other half wanted to have a go, she's RavenQueen and at the bottom 🤣

@David_Vi A loose tactic I have found helpful is to try and ‘spot letters’ by hitting the ball into the far left channel, curved lane/scoop (as we look at the playfield). Apologies, I don’t know all the correct terminology. Basically, you hit the very far left of the right flipper and you get letters added to the ‘sink ship’ and then of course sinking the ship by firing the cannon gets you a lot of points, the more you do it. No easy task aiming that cannon.

The other tip I would have - outside of tournament play as extra balls are deactivated I believe? - is try to hit the right ramp for ‘whirlpool’ as often as possible as it gives you an extra ball. This can be done quicker when you get 2-ball multi-ball.

I’m not accurate or skilled enough to do this on demand all the time but these are the aspects of the table I try to focus on. I find the video modes, whilst plentiful, a complete waste as I can seldom actually complete them: Walk the Plank being the absolute worst. Always get caught by the shark.

@David_Vi A loose tactic I have found helpful is to try and ‘spot letters’ by hitting the ball into the far left channel, curved lane/scoop (as we look at the playfield). Apologies, I don’t know all the correct terminology. Basically, you hit the very far left of the right flipper and you get letters added to the ‘sink ship’ and then of course sinking the ship by firing the cannon gets you a lot of points, the more you do it. No easy task aiming that cannon.

The other tip I would have - outside of tournament play as extra balls are deactivated I believe? - is try to hit the right ramp for ‘whirlpool’ as often as possible as it gives you an extra ball. This can be done quicker when you get 2-ball multi-ball.

I’m not accurate or skilled enough to do this on demand all the time but these are the aspects of the table I try to focus on. I find the video modes, whilst plentiful, a complete waste as I can seldom actually complete them: Walk the Plank being the absolute worst. Always get caught by the shark.

This is an EVIL table.
The fact you can't pole pass makes getting that shot for the extra ball so difficult!
I guess as it's a tournament I should stop trying that. This gets me more frustrated than AFM 😂

BLACK ROSE Results!

8a555bbc51b335c2d32ddc3786adaaef.jpg

1504d75149543e15489af4a7fbab9c1f.jpg

cec069b2a2ef63b34c8d6c1c73557568.jpg

1a3060bb3dbc7b2d87d40a974ad69962.jpg

Congrats to our winner Tarek and many thanks to all who took part. 18 players is a healthy turn-out.

New tourney is now open courtesy of our BR winner Tarek.

a2644143ee899a8413cc76dfefadde32.jpg

p/w to join is: ontheroad

Back
Top Bottom