What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Pinball Competitions

Lroy

Registered
Open invite to anyone who fancies joining in.

I regularly help organise casual online tourneys for digital pinball games. No prizes or anything, just for the fun of playing these games together.

Our latest PINBALL FX3 tournament has just started and is on THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II / Classic-Arcade physics / Unlimited Plays / 10 Days. Password to join: pikmin

35c95b4407c2c3bcd14c6d169d528163.jpg

User name who created (host) is lolneel playing on Xbox. However, the majority of us are playing on Nintendo Switch and you can still search and join this tournament from XBox/Switch or Steam. If you want to take part and play on PS4, you’ll need to use the same 3-Ball, classic-arcade physics and post a screenshot of your high-score.

4b982db0afae85fff760f1e29e3acf02.jpg

We also select tables from THE PINBALL ARCADE, STERN PINBALL and ZACCARIA PINBALL each month and have a competition - posting screenshots of our high-scores.

As we’ve only a few days left of April, I’ll hold off and post the new tables chosen for May when it’s been confirmed. However, again, if anyone is interested in score chasing with us feel free to join in and post scores here. You can play the tables on any platform of your choice.

Here’s the the custom leaderboards we’ve knocked-up for these non-PBFX3 monthly competitions: https://www.iscored.info/?mode=public&user=Corneel

Scroll along past the arcade game rankings (we also do monthly tourneys on arcade games) and you’ll find the pinball leaderboards. Only a few of us taking part in the non-PBFX3 tables so the more the merrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Noticed some new faces on the leaderboard for THE GETAWAY already [emoji108] If that’s anyone from here, do drop me a line in here and introduce yourself. If playing on Switch, I’ll send you a friend invite via in-game PBFX3.

Some absolute monster scores already posted. I need some practice on this table [emoji2957]

@Martywolfman Nice, thanks for taking part. Yeah, that score ranks in the Top 5 globally for this table. Talk about putting down a marker, lol!

Here’s the results of our non-PBFX3 table competitions for April:

TIME MACHINE (ZACCARIA PINBALL)
1st @Citizen - 4,839,750
2nd @Meppi64 - 3,705,480
3rd @Lroy - 2,129,530
4th @Monkeyspasm - 1,722,860
5th @Corneel - 1,120,460

TX-SECTOR (THE PINBALL ARCADE)
1st @meppi64 - 16,562,420
2nd @Lroy - 5,852,300
3rd @msilcommand - 4,769,030
4th @Corneel - 4,385,390

GHOSTBUSTERS (STERN PINBALL, TPA)
1st @Meppi64 - 3,472,991,450
2nd @Lroy - 1,791,571,390
3rd @Corneel - 413,424,380

Huge congrats to @Meppi64 for winning the combined scores total for the second month in a row: https://www.rise.global/pinball-round-april

For our official custom leaderboards - click here and scroll past the arcade game rankings to find the pinball leaderboards: https://www.iscored.info/?mode=public&user=Corneel

May’s tables will be announced shortly.

Okay, so the 3 tables we will be competing for high-scores on in May (outside of our weekly PINBALL FX 3 tournaments) are...

AC/DC Premium (STERN PINBALL, TPA)
aafbdad91e72d0c3eb005e9ce46787ad.jpg23d146dcaa3c5e7f110e8714663e46b1.jpg

Last edited:
and SPOOKY - 2017 remake (ZACCARIA PINBALL): 3-Ball, Simulation physics
f4bec47bb183f50df0f9f6e643d3d25b.jpg

e624c2b956e8c5f70cc1f4d488564091.jpg

Here’s some opening scores from me on these May tables to get the ball rolling...

AC/DC Premium
1545f1bd4f85a53b74cea67d135ad1bc.jpg

TEE’D OFF
b48fb36170a7ae969344ef746a2de3d5.jpg

and SPOOKY (2017 remake)
05693424f9769fb98faba22ebe1748a6.jpg

If you’re taking part in these May table high-score competitions or our regular PINBALL FX3 in-game tourneys, do drop a line in here to say hello and post your score progress. We’re getting some new faces on the leaderboards for our current tourney on THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II which is great. Be cool to know who some of these new people are.

Hmm, i'm a bit confused about your spooky screenshot. I havea score of 84 million, and am 33rd on the global table. Am I playign the wrong one? It's spooky 2017 remake, 3 balls, simulation physics as mentioned above.

spooky#.jpg

@Martywolfman It is probably just a case of the ZACCARIA PINBALL in-game leaderboards not being cross-platform.

I’m playing on Switch. Are you on Steam or Xbox perhaps?

Either way, as long as you achieve your score this month (e.g. no historic scores you previously achieved) and post a screen shot of your end-game total like I have above, we can still add your score to our custom leaderboards. Not a problem. We want these competitions to be open to players on any platform.

Ahh ok, yeah I'm on steam. I tried to take a screen shot with print screen when i got the score earlier today, I didn't realise print screen doesn't work (it just gives the green zaccaria background) I only found that out after closing the game.

I guess i'm just gonna have to beat it.

Although having said that, it doesn't matter. i went to get AC/DC and saw that it costs a tenner for the one table, so I won't be playing that anyway. :)

@Martywolfman No worries about your screenshot on Spooky. You just got the score right. That’s fine: I’ll let @corneel know to update it to the leaderboards.

As for AC/DC Premium - you can get STERN PINBALL physical on Switch for £20. That’s eleven tables for a great price. Digitally the packs cost more £ per table you’re right.

Although I believe there is an imminent discount on AC/DC as an individual purchase and actually Stern Pinball Pack 1 DLC is set to be discounted by 50% for a limited time.

I don’t know if these discounts are going to go live across all platforms or just for Nintendo Switch. I just noticed I got a news feed ad - on my USA profile account - for both THE PINBALL ARCADE and STERN PINBALL.

I’m UK based, so not even aware if the discount will be North America eShop only.

Basically, long story short - worth keeping an eye on any potential sale on AC/DC in the coming days for your platform of choice.

Thanks for participating in these digital pinball competitions, makes the games even more fun to play.

Yeah, i don't own a switch, and I certainly won't be going out to buy one just to play this, hehe.

No worries, I'm enjoying it too, it's motivated me to play these games a little more again. :)

@Martywolfman Ha! Ha! I’m not on commission for Switch sales, honest, lol!

Just join in on the tables you want to, it’s all good [emoji106]

Just been told that those discounts also apply to Steam. Not sure if that’s only North American Steam users.

I'm interested to get involved on Switch, how best to get started games and tables wise? :hmm:

@astyy Cool, you’re very welcome to get involved and participate. What specifically would you like to know?

The current tournaments are outlined above. We have four tables we are currently posting scores for across all the main pinball games on Switch and other platforms. PINBALL FX3, THE PINBALL ARCADE, STERN PINBALL and ZACCARIA.

If you haven’t installed those games, that’s the first thing to do. All are free as digital games on Switch with DLC purchases for the tables. Moreover, STERN PINBALL has a physical release which provides good value per table, I got it for £20.

From what I can see on Nintendo Eshop the game "engines" required (Stern PA, TPA, Pinball Fx3, Zacc, others?) are free downloads with some content included; Frankenstein, Fish Tales. I've installed this lot.

After that I'm bamboozled by the game table options, you mention Stern PA "physical", also Zacc has this $1 for retro tables offer going on. Not sure what to get next.

Saying that I'm now hooked on Zaccaria story mode where it transitions the machine in chronological order once you achieve a set table goal - love me some Zaccaria action :thumbs:

@astyy Supervising my son and a few of his mates as part of his b’day celebrations. Will be able to give more specific advice another time. But basically, for PBFX3 I recommend the Williams table packs. There’s been 3 so far and a fourth is imminent. I recommend playing these tables on classic-arcade physics as this is a much more realistic physics engine then Zen’s regular gameplay physics.

I’ll add more when I have the time [emoji106]

@astyy Okay, I’ve set the lads up on ROCKET LEAGUE. That should keep them occupied for a little while, lol!

THE PINBALL ARCADE lost the Williams/Bally licence to Zen who are now releasing these tables in PBFX3. So what’s left are the Gottlieb Table packs - 3 are solid state tables and 1 is an Electro Mechanical pack. I’d recommend just buying one of the solid state packs and trying them. There are other table packs but you can get to them later if you end up liking THE PINBALL ARCADE.

Now you can buy the Stern tables within THE PINBALL ARCADE or as DLC for STERN PINBALL. However, I personally think the physical STERN PINBALL cartridge £20 approx is the most cost-effective way to get 11 tables. The only one tied to a digital pack is FLIGHT 2000. I don’t own that one.

ZACCARIA offers you ‘retro’ tables for like a £1 so you may as well buy them. However, be warned these tables are essentially ‘de-makes’ of real-life tables. They are solid state tables converted into old Electro-Mechanical tables. Then there is the campaign and story modes which I think ZACCARIA PINBALL offers you for a discount or few quid. Again, if you’re curious pick these up.

As for the main table packs, so far I have only bought one of the Solid State packs and one of the Remake table packs. As confusing as this sounds, the ‘remake’ table packs are modernised versions of the real tables e.g. they add ramps and more modern Dot Matrix Displays.

Of course. As you’re just starting out probably best to just pick one table pack per game and then you can play each of the pinball games with a sample of the tables offered by each.

@astyy If you have any other queries let me know and keep checking through this thread for news on what tables we are playing and posting scores on.

Generally speaking with have weekly/10-day in-game tournaments on PNFX3. You might want to give me your friend code for Switch?

We then have 3 tables to high-score chase on set for the month - typically 1 table from each of the non-PBFX3 games. So that’s 1 from TPA, 1 from SPA and 1 from ZACCARIA.

The current tables are:

THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II (Pinball FX3, although this tourney finishes today. So might be best to hang on and wait to see what gets picked for the next one). Note: the last placed player on this tourney will pick the next table, create the tourney in-game and share the password to join.

Then these 3 tables will be the set ones for the whole of May:

AC/DC PREMIUM (available in Stern Pinball and The Pinball Arcade).

TEE’D OFF (available in The Pinball Arcade)

SPOOKY 2017 remake (available in Zaccaria Pinball).

After playing the Williams PFX3 tables on my tablet I can't play the Pinball Arcade ones anymore as they feel really unresponsive and floaty. I'm seeing how far I can get without paying for anything by completing the daily challenges.

I'll probably buy the 3 Williams packs for my VP Cab if they do an offer, or might just end up buying them anyway.

I've got 2 great (real) tables and a VP Cab but here I am playing Pinball on my Tablet which is where it all started, what is wrong with me? :cuckoo:

Back
Top Bottom