What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Pinball Competitions

Steam sale on Pinball FX3 Williams tables:

Volume 1 - THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II, JUNK YARD, MEDIEVAL MADNESS - £4.31
Volume 2 - BLACK ROSE, ATTACK FROM MARS, THE PARTY ZONE - £4.31
Volume 3 - THEATRE OF MAGIC, SAFE CRACKER, THE CHAMPION PUB - £5.03

Great deals for those on Steam. Wish we could get more discounts on Nintendo Switch.

By the way, how you enjoying Volume 4? All these tables are new to me and I’m having a blast despite not knowing what I’m doing [emoji23]

The refined flipper physics are amazing too. Incrementally, Zen are getting more and more realistic with each polish they apply to their physics engine.

Hopefully, @Cw13 will take his pick of the Volume 4 tables and share the details of the new PBFX3 tourney soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a little play last night. The new flipper physics are very interesting. Still a lot of room for improvement but I'm so glad they're working on it.

Whitewater is a bit difficult to get a good view for hitting shots on the upper pf but I played Hurricane for a good while in Arcade mode and it was a lot of fun. I do find many of these Zen recreations harder than the real thing and way harder than PA. I think the ball weight is still too heavy maybe on some of the tables?

Overall though I'm loving the quality, value and speed of these Williams releases from Zen.

I haven't had much chance to play them yet (busy having a run at regaining my #1 place on the han solo table :p)

I had a quick go on whitewater. That looks like a lot of fun. likewise I've never played any of these 3 in reality, so they are all new to me. Looking forward to giving them a proper crack :)

Hurricane I have played a fair bit on Pinball arcade, so I think i've probably seen most, if not all, it has to offer, so I likely won't play that one much.

@Marvello Ah yes, of course. No worries. Well, I should still be able to ‘see you’ on the leaderboards and if you join any of our tourneys in-game: Steam players and Switch players can play together along with XBOX.

Ridiculously cheap. How do they make money doing this?
I'm not sure what their sales figures are like but they must know the balance between selling more for less, or selling less for more. I've bought the tables via Steam as the price is reasonable. They don't get any money from me via their Android platform as they cost more than I'm willing to pay. If they were cheaper on Android they would get some money from me rather than none at all.

For anyone playing on PS4. The EU PSN store has some tables discounted including Williams Volume 3.

Wouldn’t mind taking part in these tournaments. How do I join? I have arcade discs 1 and 2 for PS4

@Benleigh250 You can join any of the weekly PBFX3 tourneys in-game, just check the announcement here for the host user and password to join. We should be having the next tournament created by ‘CW13’ soon. Just waiting for him to buy the new Volume 4 pack and tell me the details of the tourney. However, if you are playing PBFX3 on PS4, you can’t join in-game as we tend to set the tourneys up on Switch. Anyway, you could still take part though by the workaround of posting a pic of your score here. You’d need to make sure you were using the same physics/rules as those on the announced tourney. These can change but generally speaking, Classic/arcade set-up, 3 balls.

If you would like to join the monthly table high-score comps. Just post the pic of your score in this thread. I will then get my leaderboard dude @corneel to update our custom leaderboards. You can find the link to it by reading some of the posts above. For these monthly tables we tend to pick one from TPA, one from STERN PINBALL and one from ZACCARIA. You can play these on multiple platforms. The current monthly tables for May are AC/DC Premium, TEE’D OFF and SPOOKY (remake). However, you may wish to hold off and wait, as we’ll be picking 3 new tables on or close to June 1st.

Hope this has helped? All the necessary info has been posted numerous times in this thread, so always worth reading through it from the beginning to see if that answers any other queries.

Hope to see you post some scores in the near future [emoji108]

@Benleigh250 I play the Stern tables on the physical cartridge release for Switch. It was cheaper, cost me £20 for 11 tables. I know they are available digitally as DLC both in the digital app for STERN PINBALL or within THE PINBALL ARCADE. But I opted for the physical release to save money. That said, there have been some recent discounts on the Stern tables, so worth considering before you decide to go physical or digital. Entirely up to you.

I have two physical releases arcade vol one and two so have at least 20plus tables

I have two physical releases arcade vol one and two so have at least 20plus tables

Yes, those physical disc releases for TPA Seasons 1 and 2 are very enticing: if I owned a PS4 I would have bought them. For THE PINBALL ARCADE, I only have the Switch digital offering and have bought all the tables as DLC that were available after the game lost the Williams/Bally licence. So basically, I can only play all the Gottlieb and Alvin G & Co. tables in TPA.

New PBFX3 tourney is finally up courtesy of CW13:

7cf1325779399f0a3f1a26a5a4c35842.jpg

“New tournament is up. Hurricane is the table. It's under my user name "CW13" password is "pikmin".”

acfcbecf748804a03663c10a50c9df11.jpg

58e387d711e637300049a7a8c9b83dc5.jpg

HURRICANE | Classic-Arcade | 3 Balls | 10 Days

88121d520694bef66c172bb2e27d230d.jpg

Last edited:
Quick reminder:

Today is the last day for score updates for May’s tables SPOOKY (remake), AC/DC Premium and TEE’D OFF:

(scroll along to find the pinball rankings).

Quick reminder:

Today is the last day for score updates for May’s tables SPOOKY (remake), AC/DC Premium and TEE’D OFF:

(scroll along to find the pinball rankings).

Wouldn’t mind playing spooky which table pack is that under in the pinball arcade please?

The link appears to be working in all the other places I posted except here. So perhaps some settings have been altered since I last posted the custom leaderboards link and now it is sort of blocked or something? @Paul any ideas?

@Benleigh250 SPOOKY (remake) is from ZACCARIA PINBALL. The ZACCARIA PINBALL game is free and comes with TIME MACHINE. You can then purchase table packs or individual tables as dlc. Not sure ZACCARIA is on PS4 yet? I know they recently launched on XBOX ONE and are already on Nintendo Switch and Steam.

Thanks I’ll have a look as might not be available on PS4. I have been fortunate enough to have played the real table

Nice. This (remake) is not the real table, it is a digital modernised alternative that ZACCARIA PINBALL offers for some of their authentic tables. They add ramps and some basic DMD style game modes. They even do ‘de-makes’ making them play like EMs too, lol! So just be careful you are buying the correct table.

Here’s Crow playing the table:

Just beware, we’ll be moving onto another table from ZACCARIA PINBALL from tomorrow. However, if you do want to play any of the past tables we’ve done scores for - see the custom leaderboards - then feel free to post your score and we can add it in retrospectively if desired.

Yup the set up is different to the original

The original table is in the game as well. The originals (Solid State and EMs) are their own packs as are the modernised remakes and de-makes.

I bought the Zaccaria platinum pack on Steam ages ago but that didn't include the remakes as they hadn't been made at the time. I can buy them all now at 50% off but that's still about £36. Are they any good? I've had a few score limited trial games but it's hard to tell from such short games. I'm not a huge fan of Zen's original tables because the rules are usually unexciting and games take too long. These similar?

@yellowreggae If I recall correctly, on Nintendo Switch, I’m paying £13.50 approx a table pack for the Remakes. Only got Remake Pack 1 so far. Forget how many tables that is. Edit: just checked, that’s 9 tables in Remake Table Pack 1.

Sorry, hard to calculate how much of a saving in terms of value you are getting but don’t doubt at 50% off on Steam it will be cheaper than what I will end up paying for all the remake tables.

I’ve also bought a table pack of the Solid States. Think that was about £8/£9. Got a bunch of ‘de-makes’ what are called ‘retro’ tables too for couple of quid - think that is a standard first-time install/launch of the game offer on Switch.

Apologies, memory is a bit hazy on ZACCARIA as it is the digital pinball game I have played least to date. That’s not to say I think it is bad, just find the Zaccaria brand of tables less interesting to play - at this early stage in my immersion into the hobby - than those offered by the other games (Williams/Bally tables in PBFX3, Stern tables in SPA and the Gottliebs in TPA).

So, I know this reads as less than a ringing endorsement but I can see myself buying more table packs from ZACCARIA PINBALL and playing it more as we work our way through the tables in these community challenges.

Guess it’s just a case of whether you feel you’ll get £36 worth of entertainment from the tables. Perhaps just buy a single table - if that’s offered on Steam? - and see how it grabs you or not.

Last edited:
Just having a look in ZACCARIA now. I think there are currently two Remake table packs of 9 tables each - £13.49 per pack.

There is then enough room for another third remake table pack to be added. So presumably ZACCARIA will bring this Third remake table pack to Switch at some point? So we have 18 remake tables with another one recently added on its own, bringing the total remake tables to 19 on Switch. How many remake tables are available on Steam? I recall reading an announcement that ZACCARIA had confirmed the final upcoming remake tables recently?

Back
Top Bottom