Digital Pinball Competitions

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK
@yellowreggae Nice score! Reminds me, I need to get back to MUSTANG, CLASS OF 1812 and SPACE SHUTTLE (remake) to try and improve my scores before the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK
New tournament up for PBFX3:

RED & TED’s ROAD SHOW | Classic-Arcade | 10 Days | Unlimited Attempts | Created by user: monkeyspasm | p/w to join: pikmin

With this table we have now exhausted all the currently available ‘real-life’ tables within PBFX3. We will be taking a short summer break after this tournament to allow Zen some time to release some more Williams/Bally tables.

So join in everyone, post a score and let’s make this one a blast!

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK
Final day both our in-game PBFX3 tourney on RED & TED’s ROAD SHOW and the monthly high-score chase on MUSTANG, SPACE SHUTTLE remake and CLASS OF 1812. So get your submissions in today.

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK
I failed to improve upon my pre-existing scores for both CLASS OF 1812 and SPACE SHUTTLE remake but here are those scores anyway:

And the best I could achieve on MUSTANG during the past 30 days was:

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK

And finally 15th place...

There’s a recurring bug when viewing the completed tourney screen whereby the lowest score on any given screen disappears. So Alanar’s score is a snap I managed to take a couple of hrs before the tourney closed.

Anyways, thanks to all who have taken part. We’re now taking a summer break for a month or two and shall return when Zen release some more ‘real-life’ tables.

Reactions: yellowreggae
OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK
Just a heads up that many of the Stern tables are currently discounted both for THE PINBALL ARCADE and STERN PINBALL on Nintendo Switch eShop. At least in Europe.

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK

Belated results for June’s high-score competitions. Again, we’re taking a summer break from these non-PBFX3 challenges and due to the waning number of participants we may have to rethink whether we bring these back after the break or just stick to PBFX3 in-game tournaments.

Martywolfman

Jun 2, 2018
Bedford
The reason I stopped taking part in these monthly contests was the way I lost in the one I participated. I don't mind losing, but one player just submitted higher scores for all the tables on the last day of the month, leaving me no time to try and respond.

I know, I could have tried for higher scores on them beforehand, but when you are in the lead (or so you think) by a nice margin, there is no real incentive to do so. But it seems clear they were just hanging on to them until almost the last moment, to deliberately ensure nobody could respond.

Whilst not against any rules, it annoyed me enough for me to stop taking part.

Reactions: yellowreggae

astyy

Play Flipper Games for Fun and Recreation
Jan 19, 2015
Basingstoke
I'm too tight to buy the PBFX3 B/W table packs and am waiting for them on sale so I'm stuck with Fish Tales (which is a very good place to be :D ).

Further Mario Maker 2 is being delivered imminently so that'll be consuming the Switch cycles for the foreseeable:thumbs:

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK
@Martywolfman Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know. Happy to hear alternatives to how things are done for non-PBFX 3 tourneys once we come back from this little hiatus. Otherwise, I assume it will just be in-game tourneys on Zen’s PBFX3 from here on out.

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK
@astyy Fair enough. Enjoying the break from digital pinball myself. Playing some MARIO MAKER 2 with my son and even dug out the trusty 3DS to tick some games off my backlog.

Reactions: astyy

Benleigh250

Apr 21, 2019
London
I'm too tight to buy the PBFX3 B/W table packs and am waiting for them on sale so I'm stuck with Fish Tales (which is a very good place to be :D ).

Further Mario Maker 2 is being delivered imminently so that'll be consuming the Switch cycles for the foreseeable:thumbs:
I prefer the pinball arcade online tournaments

OP
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Apr 25, 2019
UK
@Benleigh250 “ I prefer Pinball Arcade Online Tournaments”

- Do you mean Zen’s PINBALL FX3 or has FarSight been running something for THE PINBALL ARCADE?

Reactions: Benleigh250

Benleigh250

Apr 21, 2019
London
@Benleigh250 “ I prefer Pinball Arcade Online Tournaments”

- Do you mean Zen’s PINBALL FX3 or has FarSight been running something for THE PINBALL ARCADE?

It’s The pinball arcade free to enter but it’s helpful to own the tables that get featured

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk