What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big Lebowski pinball and dudeism "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Thought I'd post my amazing experience with Dutch Pinball support. My TBL was completely dead on Tuesday, no sign of power whatsoever. I emailed the support address at 20:30 Tuesday evening (21:30 in the Netherlands) and got a reply back from Rens within 20 minutes asking me for my address so he could send out a new power supply.

Received this morning (Thursday), swapped it over using the very clear instructions and I'm now back up and running!

**** happens but it's how it is dealt with that really matters, so 10/10 from my experience with Dutch Pinball support.

@philpalmer - just for info.

Similar experience here. Dutch are on it.

What I've quickly discovered about Rens & Barry is that that care about every single customer and they love pinball.

Similar experiences here. I've been in touch with Dutch on and off for years now and the support has always been incredible. Barry frequently responds to emails late into the evening, and if he says he's going to send parts out to you they always arrive very quickly - and so far he's refused to let me pay for any spare parts, even when I recently got in touch to ask if I could buy a spare set of bowling pins for my machine which was delivered in May 2016!

This is great to hear with mine arriving imminently.

Anyone else gone in on one from the next batch due in?

What’s peoples thoughts on using the rug under the pin. Sure I read that it doesn’t hold up well? Anyone had this?

I know the dog wants to p**s on it already 🤣

IMG_2025.jpeg

What’s peoples thoughts on using the rug under the pin. Sure I read that it doesn’t hold up well? Anyone had this?

I know the dog wants to p**s on it already 🤣

View attachment 237121
I'm using mine under the Pin, it is showing signs of wear from my cat but what's the alternative, sticking it in a cupboard for the next owner? I'd rather get some use out of it.
IMG_20231109_183059.jpg

Last edited:

I’ve heard the exact same, which is why mine is still rolled up seven years after delivery. I keep meaning to wall mount it behind the machine but I’ve never got around to it. Good thing too because I’ve moved the game around a fair bit!

You can get Lebowski/Persian/Vintage style rugs for about £30 which are better quality than the rug that comes with it so that's my plan if this one gets completely trashed, or even a Lebowski themed one.

Screenshot_20231109-190226_kindlephoto-50681010.png

I'm using mine under the Pin, it is showing signs of wear from my cat but what's the alternative, sticking it in a cupboard for the next owner? I'd rather get some use out of it.
Yeh I’m torn also as it’s such a waste to not use it but then I don’t want to ruin it if it deteriorates quickly

I’ve heard the exact same, which is why mine is still rolled up seven years after delivery. I keep meaning to wall mount it behind the machine but I’ve never got around to it. Good thing too because I’ve moved the game around a fair bit!
We’ll currently mines rolled up on the back box as a rug topper till I decide what to do lol

You can get Lebowski/Persian/Vintage style rugs for about £30 which are better quality than the rug that comes with it so that's my plan if this one gets completely trashed, or even a Lebowski themed one.
That’s not a bad shout!!

Is it normal when the ball is in the shooter lane if you press the right flipper the upper pf lighting flickers and has a little wobble. And if you press the left flipper the lighting around the rug does the same 🤔🤔🤔

But is fine when the ball is in play

Is it normal when the ball is in the shooter lane if you press the right flipper the upper pf lighting flickers and has a little wobble. And if you press the left flipper the lighting around the rug does the same 🤔🤔🤔

Hmm, not noticed that on mine.

OMG these TBLs are dropping to bits after a matter of months.
Best grab what you can and get em up for sale as I know someone 😉

I couldn't view your video last night but saw the reply to your query on Pinside. I haven't particularly noticed those areas lighting up when holding the flippers at the start, but I knew about those skill shots.

Hold the right flipper to launch the ball to the upper playfield, then shoot the hole.

Hold the left flipper to open the gate so it comes around to the flippers, then shoot the rug.

So there aren't any actual issues 👍

I couldn't view your video last night but saw the reply to your query on Pinside. I haven't particularly noticed those areas lighting up when holding the flippers at the start, but I knew about those skill shots.

Hold the right flipper to launch the ball to the upper playfield, then shoot the hole.

Hold the left flipper to open the gate so it comes around to the flippers, then shoot the rug.

So there aren't any actual issues 👍
Yeh I’ve not been on pinside again but was thinking to myself that them areas are the skill shots for left and right so it makes sense. That’s set my mind at ease now so thanks 👍

Any other owners had problems with stand ups sticking on? Started off just one of them next to the rug but now the lock light ones are doing the same. Can pull them forward/away to a certain extent but without taking them out you can’t bend them back and im Also reluctant to cause any damage

Reading on pinside they were supposed to be replaced with stronger ones as was a big problem. I’d assume I have these.

Lowered the flipper power down also before I even played it once. So don’t think it’s that.

That's just indicating the skill-shot right mate?

Hold down the right flipper and launch, then it goes to the upper PF.

Hold down left flipper and launch and hit the rug for the skillshot

I'll record mine tomorrow night for you if you want mate?

That's just indicating the skill-shot right mate?

Hold down the right flipper and launch, then it goes to the upper PF.

Hold down left flipper and launch and hit the rug for the skillshot

I'll record mine tomorrow night for you if you want mate?
Yeh had a couple of people confirm this now so all good thanks.

Just these bloody stand ups playing me up now :confused:

Any other owners had problems with stand ups sticking on? Started off just one of them next to the rug but now the lock light ones are doing the same. Can pull them forward/away to a certain extent but without taking them out you can’t bend them back and im Also reluctant to cause any damage

Reading on pinside they were supposed to be replaced with stronger ones as was a big problem. I’d assume I have these.

Lowered the flipper power down also before I even played it once. So don’t think it’s that.
I had a warning that my right standup was stuck on so I just opened the gap up a bit. Haven't had the warning since.

I had a warning that my right standup was stuck on so I just opened the gap up a bit. Haven't had the warning since.
I’ve ordered the tool sets you recommended earlier here so tomorrow I’ll take them out and open them up more

Thanks.

yeh I’ve tried from the top a few times now, it sorts it out for maybe 1 game and then they stick on again.

today I bent back the rear leaf instead of the front one and it’s helped a lot. Only had one stick tonight, and me and my brother had a fair few games. He was laughing his head off through out 🤣

Never thought I’d own a pin that made me laugh so much.

today I bent back the rear leaf instead of the front one and it’s helped a lot. Only had one stick tonight, and me and my brother had a fair few games. He was laughing his head off through out 🤣

Never thought I’d own a pin that made me laugh so much.

Is this your homework Larry?

Is it just me, this game is hard!! It’s totally kicked my ass today. Dont get me wrong im enjoying it but jeez im struggling.

Is it just me, this game is hard!! It’s totally kicked my ass today. Dont get me wrong im enjoying it but jeez im struggling.
What in particular are you finding hard?

For me it's a fair playing Pin, no cheap drains. The hardest thing I'm finding is completing all the modes, but that's the challenge that keeps me coming back. Tonight I thought I'd try to get all characters eligible before starting character mode, had them all lit but drained on ball 3 before I could start it 😣.

I think the bowling challenges are going to be the hardest to complete so I'm focusing on those, some of the other modes like collecting the characters and rug modes should take care of themselves.

I can nail the upper playfield loop shot fairly consistently, but as soon as I start 'avoid hitting the car' mode, for some reason I can't avoid hitting it!

Back
Top Bottom