What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big Lebowski pinball and dudeism "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

I will leave the original sound on for a while but for the £15 the SSD cost I thought it was worth it to experience the original music. It's easy enough to swap back.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on mate.

The one tune I would put on there possibly is Supergrass's version of 'Condition'

Oh my god that's so cheap I paid for the drive and everything from a dude over on pin side ... there are a few people on here that messaged me about getting it ... @JustLikeMe drop this dude a message

I respectfully disagree 😉. The instructions are very clear and it's as simple as downloading a piece of software (etcher) to copy the image onto an SSD.
There are a few videos at the start of this thread showing the music... it's incredible isn't it
@Gonzo trust me mate it takes the game to another level , makes it like the best music pin ever

I respectfully disagree 😉. The instructions are very clear and it's as simple as downloading a piece of software (etcher) to copy the image onto an SSD.
Mate I am absolutely crap at anything complicated , also I only have Mac's so pretty much anything that's cool I can't do 😂

Guys, I've had two of these and both had different flipper alignment.

One is noticably better so follow my pics. It makes the Walter ramp easier.

I think I have the right flipper powered at 31 and the left at 32. I'd suggest all three flippers on medium hold.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• PXL_20231011_135041404~2.jpg
    PXL_20231011_135041404~2.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20231011_135037541~2.jpg
    PXL_20231011_135037541~2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 44
Guys, I've had two of these and both had different flipper alignment.

One is noticably better so follow my pics. It makes the Walter ramp easier.

I think I have the right flipper powered at 31 and the left at 32. I'd suggest all three flippers on medium hold.

Enjoy.

Just the info I needed mate - struggling to hit the Walter ramp from a cradle at the moment.

Edit - looks like mine are set flatter than your pictures.

Just the info I needed mate - struggling to hit the Walter ramp from a cradle at the moment.

Edit - looks like mine are set flatter than your pictures.

Yeah mate, my new one had the flatter alignment. If it hadn't been for the fact that I still had the one from Pinfest here, I'd have never known to do any different.

I'm just speaking to John from precision flippers, think I'm going to get a set for TBL just on the off chance I can't sort the left flipper power out. The halos will add a bit of power to the flippers and reduce fade. Will pickup at Expo in Chicago next week. If anyone else wants a set let me know!

1697039812673.png

I'm just speaking to John from precision flippers, think I'm going to get a set for TBL just on the off chance I can't sort the left flipper power out. The halos will add a bit of power to the flippers and reduce fade. Will pickup at Expo in Chicago next week. If anyone else wants a set let me know!

View attachment 234503
What do you mean by 'halos'? Is it just the bats you are getting?

I've heard of precision flippers but not really sure what they do differently to a regular bat.

Yeah mate, my new one had the flatter alignment. If it hadn't been for the fact that I still had the one from Pinfest here, I'd have never known to do any different.

Just changed this over - makes a HUGE difference. Cheers dude.

What do you mean by 'halos'? Is it just the bats you are getting?

I've heard of precision flippers but not really sure what they do differently to a regular bat.

There's two types of precision flippers available - both are machined aluminium, with one type being solid and the others (pictured, the "halos") are hollow in the middle, which tend to be the most popular. Anecdotally, a lot of the people who love them say that shots are more repeatable, due to the there being less random flex in the flipper (they also come with machined alu bushings for a more solid fit). I'm not 100 percent sure that's the case, but I have noticed that they do add more power and less fade to games, due to them being lighter and the tolerances being smaller.

I met John from Precison Flips at TPF and he's an awesome guy. We were both in the running for the mod TWIPY, and sat next to each other during the announcement. We were both ****ting ourselves.

I'm up and running. Very impressed with the build quality and game so far.

For any prospective new owners make sure you remove the tape keeping the upper playfield car mechanism shut, and you also need to add a ball to the bowling alley.

IMG_20231011_201356.jpg

If you've got a spare £360 lying around you can get a Pendleton Westerley sweater, just like the Dude's.

Back
Top Bottom