What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big Lebowski pinball and dudeism "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

The Rug skill shot should help you get through Rug Modes.
Yeh I think because I concentrate on the bowling one is the reason I’ve never got through all the modes. And prob miss out on the extra ball because of this don’t I

Has anyone here got to the Dude Abides wizard mode on standard settings? I feel it is an achievable target for me, Collect Balls is probably the trickiest task, followed by Car Modes. I've completed 4 of the 6 tasks on a few occasions.
I've been able to do it twice with the standard settings; I even managed to complete it the first time (although I don't remember how!). I agree, the bowling modes are tough to complete sometimes; I always go for Walter first to keep "Mark it Zero" lit, then go for Maude so that "Super Jackpot" is easier to complete. After that, it's whatever I feel like at the moment, but I always prioritize those two first. I think you have to get lucky with what the Mystery Award gives you, like two rug modes completed, two bowling frames, or a car mode here and there. Five character modes are probably the easiest to complete, IMHO.

@Vimtoman was awesome enough to send me a test one , was the ultimate test as well as I managed to get it working after many messages and if I can get it installed and working literally anyone on the planet can 😂
It does look very cool
I used to have the rick and morty one as well which was also very cool

So after owning TBL a week now and putting around 30-50 games in I’m simply blown away and after dropping the music mod on board doubly so.
As it’s 20yr since I last saw the movie I decided to watch it again last night to refresh my memory and Wow I just didn’t realise how many assets were being used on this thing!
In all honesty I don’t think they could have crammed anymore into it, whether physically into the mechs or sound with the call outs and music.
They bang on nailed it and you can see the passion involved in this project 1st hand.
I had a mate and longstanding pinhead like myself come play this on Saturday and it blew his socks off. His words were he never expected it to be so well built and super packed.

Albeit I’m in the honeymoon I can’t ever see this leaving before many others do. Roll on BTTF if they truly have the licence the Dutch boys will give it the justice it needs.

@Vimtoman was awesome enough to send me a test one , was the ultimate test as well as I managed to get it working after many messages and if I can get it installed and working literally anyone on the planet can 😂
It does look very cool
I used to have the rick and morty one as well which was also very cool
Vimtoman is ’the dude’😎

I'm sure there is more to the Dutch Pinball story than I know, and that maybe there are customers out there that are still unhappy about their experience, but it's nice to see they stuck with it and seemingly satisfied everyone who placed an order in those early days.

"Happy to inform you all that the last EA are planned now for production in March.

It are EA186, 187, 189, 190, 192.

They have all received an email from me as well telling this. And than this quest is finally over and yup, Barry can close this topic so to speak

Man, has been quite a rollercoaster but we did it in the end. Can tell you that there are happy Dudes in Netherlands when we box-up the last EA.

Thanks for all your patience. We know we have not been perfect and it has been a (to) long, bumpy and frustrating ride for you all (believe it, also for us) but the fact that we stood by our promise and pulled this off does matter for our inner selves @ DP

Thanks again !!"

Last edited:
OK Guys the Decal sheets are in and they look better than expected and super nice quality. I will pm those in the group buy with details and breakdown later today
I just saw on the tracking this morning that they had been delivered. I'm glad to see that they arrived safe and sound and that you are happy with the quality!

With regard to the Hard Drive sticker; this morning on Pinside someone had mentioned that they had some difficulty with positioning it, as the label is very sticky. He didn't line it up straight, and now it has a small crease in it. My suggestion is when placing this label on, start by peeling back only one of the top corners just a little. Start by lightly positioning that corner and line it up with the hard drive to the way you like; if it needs adjusting it will be much easier with just the corner lightly attached to peel it off and get it to where you want it. When you're happy with the position, press down firmly on the corner, and then peel away the rest of the label backing, and press down as you go. This should help with the positioning of this label. Unlike the target labels, which are vinyl, the hard drive label is paper, just like the original, and with the strength of the adhesive, it's a bit more fussy to work with. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Enjoy, and happy flipping all!

Last edited:
Protectors now sorted for TBL 👍

I have done these for Kris @Gonzo in orange who will be shortly be doing a test fit and check them off for me before his TBL goes out on loan for a while.
Also available in all the usual colours and clear for the purists.

This is quite a large set hence £60 plus postage. Just DM me if interested.

Thx Col

View attachment 238345View attachment 238346
Do you have any pictures of these fitted to the Pin?

I will be doing them on mine in orange I think when I get back from Texas but I think @Gonzo may have fitted to his already.
Either way if unsure about colours just chuck some clear ones on as I’m gonna do standard 4 set of clear for all pins for £12:50 + postage.

FYI

I will be doing them on mine in orange I think when I get back from Texas but I think @Gonzo may have fitted to his already.
Either way if unsure about colours just chuck some clear ones on as I’m gonna do standard 4 set of clear for all pins for £12:50 + postage.

FYI

Yeah, orange is definitely the way to go mate.

I definitely put them on a chinwag video but don't have the pictures.

The game is coming back soon though

I'm sure there is more to the Dutch Pinball story than I know, and that maybe there are customers out there that are still unhappy about their experience, but it's nice to see they stuck with it and seemingly satisfied everyone who placed an order in those early days.

"Happy to inform you all that the last EA are planned now for production in March.

It are EA186, 187, 189, 190, 192.

They have all received an email from me as well telling this. And than this quest is finally over and yup, Barry can close this topic so to speak

Man, has been quite a rollercoaster but we did it in the end. Can tell you that there are happy Dudes in Netherlands when we box-up the last EA.

Thanks for all your patience. We know we have not been perfect and it has been a (to) long, bumpy and frustrating ride for you all (believe it, also for us) but the fact that we stood by our promise and pulled this off does matter for our inner selves @ DP

Thanks again !!"
That's a nice success story, early customers can think of it as an ISA, I'm assuming the price was what they paid in 2016😄

FYI

I'll PM you when you are back. Not sure whether to get the full set or just the 4 bottom ones.

No worries, there's no blame. I've got green on my Godzilla and they look great. Maybe this orange is too orange if that makes sense.

I'm going to have a look at mine tomorrow . . . after I've installed that toilet.

Set of clear heading your way tomorrow Martin, I kinda agree a little overkill there, orange is not as translucent as the others and I do very little in that colour.

New software release alert

It also has an optional real knocker mod. Working with Pinball Life on a kit but attached you will already find a draft manual on it to show whats all about

Version 1.13 - April 2024

Changes:
Added Knocker Mod support:
Setting "Adjustment Menu -> Hardware -> Knocker Mod" to indicate whether a knocker is installed (and enabled) or not; defaults to not installed.
Setting "Adjustment Menu -> Coil strengths -> Knocker Mod" to adjust the strength.
The knocker will knock when a free credit is earned (also in freeplay), via the Match feature or achieving a high score in the various categories - you can adjust the amount of credits earned in "Adjustment Menu -> Pricing / Awards".
Added/improved "Bowling Return and Release" retry mechanism. Both retry 2 times after a failed attempt, with incrementing pulse strengths. Then cool down for 20 seconds before trying again if necessary.
Added "Profiles & Highscores Menu > Default Highscores Level" setting, which determines the level of the default highscores. This setting is not changed by the "Install Presets" menu because it can influence earnings (more free credits on lower default highscore levels).
Added quick 100% setting to Display > Vertical Position setting, and 100% is now marked as the factory default for machines with the new screen.
Changed scoop and saucer coil strength range to allow higher values.
Changed shooter lane diverter coil strength range to allow lower values, and lowered the default significantly (also lowered the hold power for this coil).
Removed "Live" support (settings and functionality).

Bugfixes:
Bowling logic: some throws would count twice causing illegible text and erroneous Challenge Failed or Succeeded. This happened when the ball release was slightly slower than expected by the code.
"Bowling Super Jackpot after 10 frames" text would be out of position in a normal game after playing a Bowling Challenge game with extra throws in the 10th frame.
Added Scoop Opto and both parking targets (except when car is out) to ball search reset switches.
In "Bowling Challenge", after profile selection the launch button would not blink anymore.

Updated this afternoon, no issues, all settings and audits are retained and the sound mod still works.

It's worth hooking up a USB extension cable so you don't have to remove that hefty back glass each time. Not just because of the weight but because it's also wired up.

I've cable tied the USB extension in so there's no risk of damaging anything if it gets pulled or snagged on something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom