What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big Lebowski pinball and dudeism "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

I think yeh it’s basically just managing to get anywhere with it atm for me. If I concentrate on getting all the characters I’ll not be able to get them all done before draining ball 3. Same for the rug modes. I’m getting a fair few sdtm’s. The dude ramp is wobbly as hell and I get a lot of failed shots into that. The multibals seem to be over very quickly also for me.

I don’t think I’ve lit just one of the 6 challenges to get to dude abides as of yet.
Definitely feels like I’ll probably never get to see this mode. Certainly not on 3 ball anyway.

I was wondering if I had it pitched too steep at 7degrees?

Maybe it’s just lack of skill lol.

Dude ramp is easier on the backhand. Also - post a picture of your flipper angle, mine was sent differently to how Gonzo's first machine was, and a slightly steeper angle is a lot better for hitting the Walter ramp.

Dude ramp is easier on the backhand. Also - post a picture of your flipper angle, mine was sent differently to how Gonzo's first machine was, and a slightly steeper angle is a lot better for hitting the Walter ramp.

Yeh I defo usually backhand the dude ramp. Seems very much luck from the right flipper for sure. But yeh it’s still quite wobbly from the backhand and regects back a lot.

Only pic I have on me atm of angles but I’ll get a better one tonight.

I may try and replicate gonzos angles.

Have my flipper power on 27/28 so maybe this is too low also????

IMG_2122.jpeg

Yeh I defo usually backhand the dude ramp. Seems very much luck from the right flipper for sure. But yeh it’s still quite wobbly from the backhand and regects back a lot.

Only pic I have on me atm of angles but I’ll get a better one tonight.

I may try and replicate gonzos angles.

Have my flipper power on 27/28 so maybe this is too low also????

View attachment 238256
Precision flippers? Should be plenty of power and easier to make shots with those by all accounts.

Mine is set to 6.5 degees. Left 32 medium hold, Right 26 medium hold. No problems making shots.

IMG_20231011_182956.jpg

Precision flippers? Should be plenty of power and easier to make shots with those by all accounts.

Mine is set to 6.5 degees. Left 32 medium hold, Right 26 medium hold. No problems making shots.
Yeh I fitted them at the weekend. Maybe also trying to get used to them isn’t helping.

I’ll make some Adjustments for flippers and power. Maybe half a degree too steep also.

Thanks.

Just had an epic game...and I still only had 'Mark It Zero' and 'Start Characters' lit at the end of it so getting to 'The Dude Abides' is going to be tough/near impossible for me.

IMG_20231120_193606.jpg

Well after a night of pi**ing around with flippers and having bad game after bad game. Last adjustment seemed to do the trick and had a 10 million game so I’ve quit while I’m ahead.

Pitch at 6.8, left and right at 31, left flipper a little lower down than you guys as Walter just wouldn’t happen with it higher.

Thanks all for the help 👍

Protectors now sorted for TBL 👍

I have done these for Kris @Gonzo in orange who will be shortly be doing a test fit and check them off for me before his TBL goes out on loan for a while.
Also available in all the usual colours and clear for the purists.

This is quite a large set hence £60 plus postage. Just DM me if interested.

Thx Col

IMG_1487.jpegIMG_1486.jpeg

Protectors now sorted for TBL 👍

I have done these for Kris @Gonzo in orange who will be shortly be doing a test fit and check them off for me before his TBL goes out on loan for a while.
Also available in all the usual colours and clear for the purists.

This is quite a large set hence £60 plus postage. Just DM me if interested.

Thx Col

View attachment 238345View attachment 238346
I imagine these two were missed as they'd be a pain to get to?
IMG_20231125_214742~2.jpg

No problem at all, I totally understand and feel the same. I was only expecting slings and guide lane protectors.

I'm like a bull in a china shop mate so it was best for all concerned. I've managed to pull a wedge lamp holder thingy off a circuit board on my Tom tonight and all I was doing was changing to comets. I've also managed to blow a GI fuse and lose the bolt that holds down the star post 😂

Some people shouldn't be lifting the glass off pinball machines 😬😬

If anyone ever gets that far into there TBL a simple PDF scan at 1:1 and emailed to me would be enough if you worried about sending them to me.
I just want to point out over the few years I have been doing this I have had literally dozens of rare and unobtainium plastics and even full sets without issues or losses.

If anyone ever gets that far into there TBL a simple PDF scan at 1:1 and emailed to me would be enough if you worried about sending them to me.
I just want to point out over the few years I have been doing this I have had literally dozens of rare and unobtainium plastics and even full sets without issues or losses.
I should of done this before fitting sorry 🤦‍♂️

I do have a set of venom prem/le if you want to copy them before I get the game?

This topper looks nice and is interactive, but like all toppers it's very expensive - $1099.

Screenshot_20231127-215047_kindlephoto-549242451.png

Attachments

• 03ECB87C-22D6-47A3-ADB9-952B1A793973.jpeg
    03ECB87C-22D6-47A3-ADB9-952B1A793973.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 1AD94B2C-5859-4573-8768-32422F2834AD.jpeg
    1AD94B2C-5859-4573-8768-32422F2834AD.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 58C7C526-C4ED-4C23-9B32-A68AE18E6993.jpeg
    58C7C526-C4ED-4C23-9B32-A68AE18E6993.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 49F9C63E-464D-4FA8-922D-EED99B6A45D9.jpeg
    49F9C63E-464D-4FA8-922D-EED99B6A45D9.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 33
^^^ looks like Franchi has pulled it off FB.
Probably decided wasn’t a good idea for some reason.
It was art he did for anniversary TBL … think it didn’t get sanctioned by the IP holder

Well I never knew that, just watching the Blu-ray extras and Flea from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers was one of the nihilists.

He was also in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and the Back to the Future sequels.

ScottyMods on Pinside has stepped up to start printing the sticker set again.

Pinside_shopitem_10211_0.jpg

Screenshot_20240128-084843_kindlephoto-290476421.png

Back
Top Bottom