What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big Lebowski pinball and dudeism "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

I have purchased a cliffy set but haven't installed it yet so don't know what's included.

After opinions on how fast this game plays? I put maybe only 3/4 games on it at Pinfest and although I really liked it and the quality seemed great. I wondered if it would become boring and then questioned if it maybe seemed a bit of a slow paced game and not fast enough for me. And also was the code deep Enough?

Would really appreciate feedback on this as it’s in my top 2/3 of next purchases

I’ve watched streams also but I still
Can’t get a find the answers im
Looking for from just watching streams

After opinions on how fast this game plays? I put maybe only 3/4 games on it at Pinfest and although I really liked it and the quality seemed great. I wondered if it would become boring and then questioned if it maybe seemed a bit of a slow paced game and not fast enough for me. And also was the code deep Enough?

Would really appreciate feedback on this as it’s in my top 2/3 of next purchases

I've only had mine a week and due to decorating have only put about 20 games on it so not best qualified to say if it will become boring or how deep the code is. All Pins will become a little boring if you play them enough.

I wouldn't describe it as fast paced though, it's The Dude after all. If you want fast paced you'll want something with a lot of flow like Venom or Foo Fighters (I believe), haven't played either.

Brill, thanks @Colywobbles and @Gonzo . I'm not sure what the best colour will be, maybe blue or clear? I'll be in for a set when done 👍.

I can dig my sanner out if you don't get sorted.
Am

The reason personally for me what I love about TBL is that it isn't like a new Elwin or danger game it's reminiscent of a 90's Bally . The rules are not that deep but there is definitely a lot in there to keep you coming back. It's got a great flow and feels fantastic.
Solid as a rock and you actually feel like you can see where your money has gone unlike again in my opinion some of the latest offerings from
Jjp or stern.
Definitely get one you won't regret it

If you want a fast game this isn't it.

Foo Fighters is rapid and Venom looks very fast.

However, that doesn't make it boring. Batman66 is a fairly slow game and it remains a real favourite of mine.

But Lebowski is an immersive experience and I'm still playing it every day.

I've only had mine a week and due to decorating have only put about 20 games on it so not best qualified to say if it will become boring or how deep the code is. All Pins will become a little boring if you play them enough.

I wouldn't describe it as fast paced though, it's The Dude after all. If you want fast paced you'll want something with a lot of flow like Venom or Foo Fighters (I believe), haven't played either.

Am

The reason personally for me what I love about TBL is that it isn't like a new Elwin or danger game it's reminiscent of a 90's Bally . The rules are not that deep but there is definitely a lot in there to keep you coming back. It's got a great flow and feels fantastic.
Solid as a rock and you actually feel like you can see where your money has gone unlike again in my opinion some of the latest offerings from
Jjp or stern.
Definitely get one you won't regret it

If you want a fast game this isn't it.

Foo Fighters is rapid and Venom looks very fast.

However, that doesn't make it boring. Batman66 is a fairly slow game and it remains a real favourite of mine.

But Lebowski is an immersive experience and I'm still playing it every day.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I suppose this could be a totally different pin for me to have in a line up that I feel is already quite diverse. Something to go to to have a chilled flip but enough to keep it interesting.

And yeh the build quality is another big plus for me.

👍

I'm thinking orange, although I know Col might have difficulty sourcing that colour
Nope Orange is fine or as they market it Lava Orange which is a Florescent edge lit acrylic.

Flo Acrylics are limited to
Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Orange

Also there is a Pink/purple which I fitted to my BM66 CE edt. It’s a kind of two tone and for some reason a lot more expensive.

Chaps,
How much music is integrated in this pin.
Was watching this and looks great as has original.
Have any of you replicated this one, if so how’s it done?

Last edited:
Last edited:
The thing I don't like about that is that is seems to have played over the top of Nihilist Showdown which has it's own music.

I sort of like the fact that certain modes have their own music.

I think I'll leave it as it is.

The fella singing was funny though 😂

The thing I don't like about that is that is seems to have played over the top of Nihilist Showdown which has it's own music.

I sort of like the fact that certain modes have their own music.

I think I'll leave it as it is.

The fella singing was funny though 😂
Yeah mate, I watched your vids about the pin.
Couldn’t hear the music very well, I’m not sure what they have music wise in the OEM build. But I’m same in that I wouldn’t want additional to feel odd.

Thought I'd post my amazing experience with Dutch Pinball support. My TBL was completely dead on Tuesday, no sign of power whatsoever. I emailed the support address at 20:30 Tuesday evening (21:30 in the Netherlands) and got a reply back from Rens within 20 minutes asking me for my address so he could send out a new power supply.

Received this morning (Thursday), swapped it over using the very clear instructions and I'm now back up and running!

**** happens but it's how it is dealt with that really matters, so 10/10 from my experience with Dutch Pinball support.

@philpalmer - just for info.

Thought I'd post my amazing experience with Dutch Pinball support. My TBL was completely dead on Tuesday, no sign of power whatsoever. I emailed the support address at 20:30 Tuesday evening (21:30 in the Netherlands) and got a reply back from Rens within 20 minutes asking me for my address so he could send out a new power supply.

Received this morning (Thursday), swapped it over using the very clear instructions and I'm now back up and running!

**** happens but it's how it is dealt with that really matters, so 10/10 from my experience with Dutch Pinball support.

@philpalmer - just for info.

Similar experience here. Dutch are on it.

It's worth buying the right tools as they are different to what you need for Stern/Bally etc.

'When working on your TBL the following ‘special’ tools (compared to a Stern/BW pinball for instance) are likely needed:
• Metric nutdrivers and-or wrenches size 5 ; 5,5 ; 7 ; 8 ; 10 mm
• Torx drivers size TX6 ; TX8 ; TX10 ; TX15 ; TX20 ; TX30
• Metric Allen keys M2,5 ; M4
Of course, this is besides the usual tools like screwdrivers, pliers, etc.'

What I've quickly discovered about Rens & Barry is that that care about every single customer and they love pinball.

The more you play Lebowski, the more you'll discover little bits of influence from Bally/Williams games. It's refreshing to find a manufacturer who's just as in love with playing pinball as we are.

That's why I's like them to produce BTTF because they'll strive for perfection.

Also, after speaking to Josh Sharpe, I'm very confident that Pulp Fiction will be brilliant . . . the bloke is nuts about pinball.

Back
Top Bottom