What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EBay auctions 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The street fighter 2 made £1600 on the bay?????
Is that the most expensive SF2 in recent times?

That's pretty insane. It's got a security bar and looks like the legs are starting to rust too!

Did anyone call the guy on AFM? I'm interested but it's freaking miles away for collection for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a reply, alarm bells still ringing...

IMG_0159.jpg

Definitely dodgy. He emailed me to say the game is in Germany with his son. That's why i can't come and have a look....

This is the reply i got:

Hi,
thanks for your interest in my machine,i am sorry the machine is located in Germany and i can only ship to you,just let me know where exactly you are located and provide an email address where i can send some close up pictures for you to see.

Call Fergy on 07036 274282
Member (since 15 Dec 2016)

view/reply to this message

Yeah, sounds legit. LOL.

Did he say where in Germany? I have a few friends that could call his bluff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergie? I know she was a bit strapped for cash but ..

why don't these scammers pick a mid ranged machine at a fair price say a DEMOMAN for a grand. They might actually pull it off then. Its always A list dream titles. we all get flipper blind but we are not stupid!

Tell him you're a long distance lorry driver and you have a few stops in Germany next week so could view and collect :)

Fergie? I know she was a bit strapped for cash but ..

why don't these scammers pick a mid ranged machine at a fair price say a DEMOMAN for a grand. They might actually pull it off then. Its always A list dream titles. we all get flipper blind but we are not stupid!

Don't be gving them tips now ;)

How about let me have an address so i can come view it like i asked!

I got exactly the same response. Just need to decide how long I want to f*ck with the seller before getting bored and giving up :D

I just reported it as suspected scam anyway, so let's see. Don't want someone not as wary as us lot making a bad mistake, just before XMAS too.

Another quick way to call his bluff and never hear from him again would be to ask for the serial number off the playfield.
Except that i don't even know where the serial number on my playfield is. But i guess i would have a good look.

Except that i don't even know where the serial number on my playfield is. But i guess i would have a good look.

Not sure about AFM but both my machines have them down on the lower left drain with a barcode. Twilight Zone is only visible with a blacklight I hear?

Edit: Actually my Bally has a serial number above the transformer, a different one on the inside coin door and a barcode on the playfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Standard or optional? Thankfully I don't have them on my '92 Gottlieb.

The cabs have the two brackets so often the bar itself is missing. Obv it's easy for home owners to remove those and fit some tidy carriage bolts. Maybe they were fitted by the distributor Brent in the UK rather than gottlieb but always remember then in the brent showroom

The cabs have the two brackets so often the bar itself is missing. Obv it's easy for home owners to remove those and fit some tidy carriage bolts. Maybe they were fitted by the distributor Brent in the UK rather than gottlieb but always remember then in the brent showroom

I had a really close look at my Gottlieb. It looks like its possible someone covered up a bracket hole on the right of the coin door. But did a really good job. I can just about feel a couple of slight indents. Nothing on the left though so I'm none the wiser. Interesting though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom