What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EBay auctions 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys this is getting a bit personal and not really within the spirit of the forum. If you have ongoing problems with Steve just start a private conversation with him. If it is sour grapes then bear it in mind and don't deal with him in the future. Courtney is right. New year and all that. Let's move on.

Work it out
Why would the same people who post this advise then bid on my pcbs? Only to be outbid by foreign bidders admittedly
In 2014 I took on some massive job lots of pcbs (around 500 boards) mostly junk. The 200 odd ok boards were then tested and sold even as non working when they were playable as it would be impossible to check game play to every level. Noone who had a board and wasn't happy didn't get a refund but many of these were £10 boards costing £4 to box and post. In the end I just dumped 80 of these boards in the corner to strip for parts. Jamma pcbs sell for £1000 down but 90% sell for less than £20 and 80% are worth less than the cost to post. I cherry pick off companies now . Only go for those 10% pcbs!
The arcade experts who have helped me with the invaders issues are aware of the facts. Others without facts should not comment
I'm so glad 80% plus stuff I sell goes within my own circle built up over 30 years. I shall be clearing a lot of pins in 2017. Anyone who thinks they are dodgy should stay clear.
Anyone who has dibs will find originally discussed price honoured. No gazumping here

I asked two simple questions and got a long convoluted answer I don't understand. Like I said before, answer in plain English and it will do your rep on here no end of good.

EDIT: and now as dom suggests - I'm off out too. Have a great NY pinball people.

2016 has been a mental year: Brexit, Trump, Bowie, Prince, Syria, ISIS and failure to use semi colons on pinball forums. We all have less than four hours of it left to push the last of the year's poison and make a resolution to love each other and play pinball.
Feel the love guys, the Christmas sherry bottle is empty - time to start on the port [emoji485]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah good idea I'm out of here too,
But on a parting note for 2016, I advise read all and make your own mind up,
Happy New Year to all :thumbs:

The negative feedback re whirlwind translite supposedly badly damaged was given to me new by Pat along with a signed one.

Those warning not to bid on my auctions bid themselves on my desirable pcbs.

33 years 2500 plus games . Not easy to keep 100%. Still waiting for someone to claim didn't get an item or a refund

I know people who have lost £1000s on ebay scams

Shall, be looking forward to playing all these games these 100% superstars will be providing for meets and events this year. Should be epic

Shall, be looking forward to playing all these games these 100% superstars will be providing for meets and events this year. Should be epic

Not sure what people providing games for shows has got to do with dubious selling practices on Ebay or elsewhere?

Excessive fees postage charges and buyer shenanigans means I've been winding down on ebay now. I was returned two empty boxes in last few months . And yep they both left negative feedback. Scammers paradise .
Repeat if you thinks it's dodgy don't bid/buy

It certainly seems like I have opened up a whole massive can of worms. A bit like the moment in Hellraiser when the puzzle box cube opens. Maybe if I type my original post in reverse the worms will return?

Anyone who has been proper shafted can please pm me at any point because I have no idea.

If it any worse than been lumbered with a Space Invaders described as original but a peice of junk I'd be very very surprised

Going out now so best wishes for 2017

Courtney and a few others know some good stuff coming up in 2017 to benefit everyone .

I think everyone has had their say now, and if not then they had the opportunity to do so. So lets call an end to it now please. More pinball and less Jeremy Kyle show.

I can only go off personal experience.
I bought my bop off steve.it was as described.
I drove to his house,went with him to his storage and collected the pin.
although there was no power to fire it up I took it home and it worked no problem.i'm sure we would have sorted something out if it had not worked when I got it home.

Like the world knows, you only ever hear the bad things about deals, bad news, bad experiences etc, The good would by far outweigh the bad if all the good came forward too. I think the forum itself should have a feedback system for deals only done on this forum and keep ebay deals and hearsay etc out of it.

Just noticed this on jammaplus:
http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/fo...rogue-ebay-members-read-before-selling-buying

"pinpantherengland - (AKA Steveflipout) - uses stock photographs of PCB's then sends stripped, broken or badly repaired faulty PCB's. Uses "No returns - sold as seen" to try and get out of giving refunds."

Now, who can guess the name this user has on these forums? Thats right, 'steve brum' himself.
www.jammaplus.co.uk_forum_forum_images_back_to_top.png
Nukem 24 November 2014 at 11:13pm
Just wow, Steve your selling techniques are unbelievable...

Selling faulty PCB's as fully working then telling the buyer that they were sold as faulty...
www.jammaplus.co.uk_forum_smileys_smiley5.gif

Maybe just maybe if it was some newb you "might" get away with saying "you plugged it in wrong blah blah" but I know Danscu and he's not a newb and a respected member of the community.

I take it you are going to sort this out with him replace/refund ? I will leave that to you..

Steve has several Ebay ID's, they all have the similar negative and neutral comments.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...world=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

Re-use of used stamps is a cracker.... buyer paying the unpaid postage charge. You did that to a mate of mine.

Same here:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...25&interval=0&searchInterval=30&mPg=39&page=2

21 negative and neutral comments on that one (over a year ago so now shows 100%)

Makes my old lockdown bar fiasco with you look trivial..... Plenty of people I know in the pinball scene says similar things about you and there's no smoke without fire, sorry. You may be good and kind to some , but you proper shaft others. Maybe about time you made a New Years Resolution. ;)

BTW, I've been on EBay since 2004 - 100% positive feedback with a score of 1597. You can do it too......

Steve I have got say you are guilty of used postage stamps as I had to pay the postage for the TZ decals I bought from you and you could clearly see they had been stamped
The price was right anyway and I would have been happy to pay the postage anyway but you really shouldn't do this Steve has also bought many pins from me and I have no problem dealing with him he doesn't mess about collects and never moans

Pretty glad this thread becomes dead in 2 hours guys. I've had a great fun year and met some great people on this forum but it's gone all pinside as of late, see you all in 2017, there's enough bs in the world let's keep this forum a nice sanctuary from it next year for people who like the bloody silly hobby that is pinball.

Cheers,

Jon

Last edited:
Anyone unhappy was refunded. I sold dozens of pcbs on jamma plus without issue.
I stopped selling even perfect pcbs as working as what works in supergun might not work in a dedicated cab and vice versus.
Again only me out of pocket due to postage no one else
The stamps aren't usd but are loose . If I get them franked before postage they get picked up by the end sorting office. This is why I always get receipt for postage and anyone charged extra there end I refund them without question. It doesn't happen very often and certainly won't in future as royal mail have priced me out so switching to in post uk mail now. It's now £5 to send a poster so not sustainable. I had several refunds from royal mail for this issue

The stamps aren't usd but are loose .

That gets the quote of the year. Well done. :clap:

Already have this year, to 8bitflip, Nerg, Play Glasgow and NLP. More machines than you sunshine so shut up and stop being so arrogant. Mine were all working too.... :rolleyes:

Steve is a Jekyll & Hyde, you're only lucky if you get the right one on the right day. Har....

Happy New Year people.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stern-Big...451873?hash=item43fbceefe1:g:RcwAAOSwt5hYZ8BF

Someone buy this before I do in a drunken stupor....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom