What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EBay auctions 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're completely missing the point. People send stupid offers on eBay, that happens all the time. The point is that people don't post links to machines for sale on here so that dealers can snap them up and then sell them on for double the price a week later. That is not in the spirit of this forum and makes the hobby more expensive for everyone.

I'd have had it for my Gott lineup had I seen it... So what realistic quick profit do you want Steve?

I didn't invent a transporter beam last week. The price hasn't doubled. All the machines I've bought off forum members recently have gone nowhere as have all the other pins and videos I've bought off eBay this year. I already had the eBay alert on the Teed Off and expected it to be long gone an hour in. I'm more interested in a swap anyway.

I guess this opens the wider question: after how long is it considered acceptable to flip at a profit?
I bought my dw from ebay about 12 years + ago.
When did it become acceptable to sell it for more than i paid for it? After a year? After 5 years?
What about pins bought here on the forum? When does it become acceptable to sell it for more than paid for? When does it become acceptable to sell somewhere else???? Ever?

machine staying now. expect it to be rolled up at some event 2016. Sorry if I p+++ed anyone off. I just get back to work

Merry Christmas everybody

gif galaga 17.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: JMP
I guess this opens the wider question: after how long is it considered acceptable to flip at a profit?
I bought my dw from ebay about 12 years + ago.
When did it become acceptable to sell it for more than i paid for it? After a year? After 5 years?
What about pins bought here on the forum? When does it become acceptable to sell it for more than paid for? When does it become acceptable to sell somewhere else???? Ever?

Flipping is when you buy something with the prior intention of selling it on quickly at a profit with minimal or no work. Selling a machine at its market value that you bought to use and enjoy does not meet the definition of flipping, ever.

Didn't something like happen before on here, with Steve? I vaguely remember someone on here mightily ****ed off with him.

he cries to the moderators for threads to be shut down and goes mute.
Really??

Threads are closed on occasion at the original posters request. This is usually made clear in the thread.
Other than this, or if things get rather unruly, are usually the only reasons threads get closed (other than when i do an occasional "clean up" of the "for sale" forum, where i have been known to lock old "for sale" threads that have been sold).

Unless i have missed something here - Happy to be advised where we are slipping up here.... :)

I think you're completely missing the point. People send stupid offers on eBay, that happens all the time. The point is that people don't post links to machines for sale on here so that dealers can snap them up and then sell them on for double the price a week later. That is not in the spirit of this forum and makes the hobby more expensive for everyone.

The whole intention of this thread is to make others aware on here of pins or things on ebay that would interest forum members!!

the TOM was sold on for around £1200 to someone who had a doner machine. Also someone technically proficient . there is a reason it was not sold as a complete machine for around £2k. (going rate at the time). The person in Spain who sold me that machine should have been prosecuted. Machine was in worse state internally than the one Luke had to sort out. Cosmetically it looked nice. Therefore I was not willing to sell it on as a complete working machine so took a heavy loss on it. I explained this to anyone who asked on eBay for the reason it was being sold as it was. Like many games back in the day which had hacked to pieces board , dodgy wiring , bodge ups etc. Fairer to sell cheap as a shell to someone proficient than a game to the general public in a dangerous state. in the old days games like this would have been parted out. If others want to sell electrically unsafe games they can. In 2000+ ,machines I've yet to sell on a game that was dangerous.

PS that TOM was NEVER listed by me on eBay as a complete working game for the above reasons. I bought it off a guy in Spain who advertised on Jamma+ whom id had pins off previously with no issues. I can also imagine the furore if I had simply broken the game up. Someone in the US would have bough the playfield I'm sure.

Best not mention the space invaders thread on ukvac had I then?

yes please. Because of certain people on there the machine may have to be destroyed so I can get a refund for mis-sold goods but hopefully it wont come to that. I hope no one sells you a machine on eBay as original but with valueless fake parts inside as it has only happened this once in 17 years on eBay so hopefully not a common occurrence.

I'm getting the words credit card refund. Please forward details of anyone I've sold a machine/board as original when it was a poor MAME or bootleg copy and I will refund them. This SI issue is between me and the original seller and hopefully it will be resolved amicably as in someone will take it as it is and I will take a loss. No-one else should be involved so no more comments should be made about it.

Just sell the damn thing to 'a forum member' that would have liked it in the first place...... Price?

In fairness to Steve he did offer to sell it to me earlier today for a very fair price but I'm not looking to buy anything this close to xmas. So hopefully someone can sort out a deal that suits both parties and we can all move on to the next pinball drama.

yes please. Because of certain people on there the machine may have to be destroyed so I can get a refund for mis-sold goods but hopefully it wont come to that. I hope no one sells you a machine on eBay as original but with valueless fake parts inside as it has only happened this once in 17 years on eBay so hopefully not a common occurrence.

But in your eBay advert it states:

Original arcade classic
running original hardware on an original CRT
Like it should be , unlike some abominations on eBay

if you are going to MAME this please don't let me know!

with keys and power lead

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/191999430982?_mwBanner=1

What price was that? He's ignoring me.

F*ck me, nice feedback on that profile. Smoke, fire and all that....... :thumbs:

It's still £1k on the Facebook group. Along with this gem of a comment on someone else's advert for the same machine for sale at £850: "i have one but this is 2014 ad. pin prices have gone way north since then. even Lethal Weapon 3 is selling 1k plus now".

Flip-tastic.

But still advertising it for sale at £1k on the Facebook group. Something's not adding up. Much like the ebay advert Arv posted before....

I hope no one on here gets so much abuse over things they buy and have been ripped off on ie SI and TOM. I am the one out of pocket here no one else!

Anyway we are keeping TEED OFF now as a home that can accommodate its massive height has been found.

The person who sent the abusive eBay message to the seller should be ashamed. She just wanted it gone quickly.

The eBay negatives are mostly due to the fact that I will NOT take PayPal for goods from people I do not know as its the biggest scam in the world. All those items state cash and carry preferred. Anyone trying a scam wouldn't prefer the option of collection.

Most machines I move on go to a well establish circle of collectors. Just as well it seems.

Really don't understand what everyone on here is crying about, or why Steve is getting so much hassle. I've had numerous dealings with him and no complaints from me at all.

+1 on not taking PayPal too. I'm actually dropping it from my website and looking for another payment provider because their abysmal system has screwed me over too many times. For a seller, PayPal is your worst nightmare.

ill take a negative feedback over losing a £1k machine or even a £100 one any time. eBay warn people about this yet will not remove negative comments brought about by sellers taking there advice. no buyer is out of pocket in any of these cases by a single penny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom