What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What retro games are you currently playing?

Lovely stuff ; R-Type is one greatest ever shoot'em ups ever and the graphics/art still stands up today imho.
Love the series in general and have Third Lightning (JPN - unboxed unfortunately) , R-Types (JPN- complete) R-Type Delta (complete- the JPN version with the better cover)
Also have Rtype Final 1+ 2 - haven't put much time into R-T F2 yet, but love what they've does with some of the homage stages. Have you played it?
R-Type a classic
Always a fan of that era scrolling shooters.
Nemesis and Salamander were my great loves in the arcades back then 💥

Last edited:
Picked up this Sharp Twin Famicom recently and currently playing Castlevania 2 :thumbs: Really cool system and complements my Master System very nicely.

Got a few games for it but always on the lookout for more so if anyone has any Famicom or Famicom Disk games they're looking to move on then give me a shout.

PXL_20220908_180638677.jpg

PXL_20220908_180707337.jpg

PXL_20220908_180736170.jpg

Return To Monkey Island!

The final part with Ron Gilbert back at the helm
Not a retro game, but sort of belongs here as I'm sure nearly everyone has played at least the first two.....
Only played for a couple of hours and it's really good - it's good to be back on Melee Island :)

Return To Monkey Island!

The final part with Ron Gilbert back at the helm
Not a retro game, but sort of belongs here as I'm sure nearly everyone has played at least the first two.....
Only played for a couple of hours and it's really good - it's good to be back on Melee Island :)
(wanders off to steam)

Have you ever reached the point where you don't know what to play? As I've said before I have too many games I've never played that I ought to have played. I've always been someone who would pick a game up and play it because there is little investment but a lot of fun in reward: Mario Kart (all of them) and arcade shoot 'em ups being prime examples. But I've a lot of games where the opposite it true: all of the Zelda games, Shenmue 1 and 2, and way too many more. Anyone got any good examples where I can invest a lot and have a lot of fun? Bearing in mind I'm really quite impatient :D

Sorta retro, currently playing through ' Prodeus ', a 2 year old retro inspired indie game that's just appeared on Xbox gamepass. It's basically a rip off of the original Doom but done very well. I'm really enjoying it.

Thank you for the heads up. I love old school FPSs. I've played through every Doom / Wolfenstein / Half Life & Black Mesa I could ever find
(but not Doom Eternal which just didn't resonate with me and got too much, too difficult by half way in).

This looks right up my street.

Since NYear I've been playing the Switch regularly, mainly retro titles;

Metal Slug, X, 3, & 4
Shock Troopers
Aero Fighters
Pang Adventures

Just bought TMNT Shredder Revenge, hoping for great retro vibes from this modern title.

Afternoon guys, I've not had any interest on here re; the JPN megadrive games I put up for sale; can anyone recommend a forum (or anyone who's on the hunt for JPN retrogames) I should go on and mention i've a bunch of stuff available?
Trying to avoid using Ebay/posting stuff really.

On topic, I picked up the Turtles collection the other month (+Shredder's Revenge - scanline patch is out, so can play it now...), so played a bit of that (nice Palette cleanser after finally finishing The Last Of Us 2)
Other than that, spent a bit of time trying out the Mega Drive Mini when it arrived; really impressed with the remade Space Harrier on there!

Since NYear I've been playing the Switch regularly, mainly retro titles;

Metal Slug, X, 3, & 4
Shock Troopers
Aero Fighters
Pang Adventures

Just bought TMNT Shredder Revenge, hoping for great retro vibes from this modern title.
If you ever fancy doing some casual high-score chasing, let me know. Love me some Aero Fighters 2, 3, Pulstar and Blazing Star etc. on Switch. Happy to exchange friend-codes too.

If you ever fancy doing some casual high-score chasing, let me know. Love me some Aero Fighters 2, 3, Pulstar and Blazing Star etc. on Switch. Happy to exchange friend-codes too.

SW-8329-0765-5883

Afternoon guys, I've not had any interest on here re; the JPN megadrive games I put up for sale; can anyone recommend a forum (or anyone who's on the hunt for JPN retrogames) I should go on and mention i've a bunch of stuff available?
Trying to avoid using Ebay/posting stuff really.

On topic, I picked up the Turtles collection the other month (+Shredder's Revenge - scanline patch is out, so can play it now...), so played a bit of that (nice Palette cleanser after finally finishing The Last Of Us 2)
Other than that, spent a bit of time trying out the Mega Drive Mini when it arrived; really impressed with the remade Space Harrier on there!
For Christmas I got the Megadrive II mini - but as I've become more anally retentive about 'NIB' I've never taken it out of the box (I ended up buying two of the NES and SNES minis so I could actually play one and keep my 'issue' in check) - and trying to get the Megadrive I and II mini second hand is impossible as the prices have skyrocketed.

My Arcade1up collection has reached 3 (fully modded SF2 gen 1 cab, Hyperspin setup; 2nd gen SF2 unmodded; 1st gen SF2, still in box (see post above...)) I'm now looking at a Turtles cab (4-player) which I think would make an awesome Gauntlet I and II cab, including the Turtles games of course, but including Simpsons and then the often overlooked (but still a firm favourite of mine) Quartet. Just have to negotiate with the wife. How much is intensive care now-a-days? :D:D:D and seeing as there would be two pairs of joysticks maybe include the classics Total Carnage and Smash TV.

Last edited:
My Arcade1up collection has reached 3 (fully modded SF2 gen 1 cab, Hyperspin setup; 2nd gen SF2 unmodded; 1st gen SF2, still in box (see post above...)) I'm now looking at a Turtles cab (4-player) which I think would make an awesome Gauntlet I and II cab, including the Turtles games of course, but including Simpsons and then the often overlooked (but still a firm favourite of mine) Quartet. Just have to negotiate with the wife. How much is intensive care now-a-days? :D:D:D and seeing as there would be two pairs of joysticks maybe include the classics Total Carnage and Smash TV.
Quartet - now there's a much-loved game I'd forgotten about.

Goldeneye came out on xbox gamepass last week ( also on switch I think ). I've played a few missions and loving it, played it a lot back in the day. Obviously it's very dated now but still great fun.

I tried it a little while back - found it hard going with the XB controller.
Really? I find it very good with the Xbox controller, much better than the N64 controller for sure!. How were you playing it? Through an emulator? Obviously this version is still emulated of course but maybe they've spent time optimising the controls?

Spin the bottle with the wife and 'knock down ginger' for me.

Although not as fast as I used to be when knocking on doors and running away

Back
Top Bottom