What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What retro games are you currently playing?

Seeing this post has made me dig this lot out
looks like I’m having a retro afternoon
I think the hand helds have been recreated in hyperspin or some such. When i was a kid my bro and I had. Scramble, astrowars, BMX Bandits, munchnan & firefox. I also had a space invaders watch i use to hire out at youth club 😎

Gave Streets of Rage a quick test to make sure it was working and I like it 👍 really good beat em up for the Master System and I'm loving the 8 bit PGS versions of the music!

Gave Streets of Rage a quick test to make sure it was working and I like it 👍 really good beat em up for the Master System and I'm loving the 8 bit PGS versions of the music!
Speaking of game music, found this site a while back. The link is for Battle Zone Gold, a game me and Rob keep going back to:

Was playing Cadalics and Dinasours on my MAME cab the other day, Tetris on that and a quick blast on Outrun 2 are my go to drop in games.

But yesterday I went down the road to a Retro computing exhibit where I've been helping out over the last few months (and which will be opening to the public very soon) to drop off a 1997 Dell Pentium 3 box that I'd been working on getting back to it's former glory for people to enjoy.
It's a pretty amazing place if you're into retro games, consoles and computers

So over a couple of hours yesterday afternoon:

Played some 3 player Mario Kart 64 on a RGB modded N64 hooked up to a 2002 BO CRT TV, and then a quick game of Goldeneye (and I'm still rubbish at Goldeneye)

Fired up their Vetrex for a few games of Mine Storm

Bombjack on a Amstrad CPC

Sonic 2 on the weird Amstrad MegaPC (the oddball 386SX/Megadrive crossover box)

and watched Final Fight being played on a Sharp X68000

(And was then roped into lugging a few CRTs downstairs ready to go off for recapping.)

That wouldn't be RMC The Cave by any chance would it @ChrisH ? I watched Neil's recent video about the new B&O TV plus the modded N64 and it looked really good. Been watching his channel for a long time :thumbs:At some point when he's fully open I really want to visit!

That wouldn't be RMC The Cave by any chance would it @ChrisH ? I watched Neil's recent video about the new B&O TV plus the modded N64 and it looked really good. Been watching his channel for a long time :thumbs:At some point when he's fully open I really want to visit!
That's the one! The place looks even better in the flesh than in the videos.

Literally a 5 minute walk from my house so been going down and helping out every now and then over the last 6 months, went down for the soft launch/test day which was a lot of fun

They're testing the ticket booking side of things now and I believe the public dates will be coming soon......

That's the one! The place looks even better in the flesh than in the videos.

Literally a 5 minute walk from my house so been going down and helping out every now and then over the last 6 months, went down for the soft launch/test day which was a lot of fun

They're testing the ticket booking side of things now and I believe the public dates will be coming soon......
Nice one, what an awesome thing to have on your doorstep! Maybe we could arrange a Pinball Info visit when it's fully open for those that are interested?

Was so close would have been rude not to get at least a bit involved :D
To be honest I'd never heard of the YouTube channel - I literally saw an article in the local paper

I think a PinballInfo visit would be a great idea, I bet there are a few on here that enjoy retro computing / games

Brilliant Brewery just down the road too if people wanted dinner and a decent pint
:thumbs:

Sold the lot ! About 60 or so at one point :eek: They looked awesome but they were just gathering dust. Of course a few years on they are now going for twice what I sold them for :rolleyes: ffs 🤣
Sold the lot ! About 60 or so at one point :eek: They looked awesome but they were just gathering dust. Of course a few years on they are now going for twice what I sold them for :rolleyes: ffs 🤣
146B0FB6-ADD3-43E4-AC2F-0343AA55AF94.jpeg
Old photo of some of the collection. Most came from eBay over the years - anywhere between £5 and £20 a decade ago. Now £40+ on many …., with nice boxed ones much more, especially stuff like Tron …. the one I do regret selling 🤦‍♀️

Been playing a fair bit of Gorf recently and just purchased a Sega Megadrive on ebay which arrived yesterday. Managed to get EA Hockey (the one where you throw your gloves off and fight with your opponent) and also Road Rash, the motorbike racing game where you can hit your opponents with bike chains or kick them off their bikes. I used to stay up all night with my brothers playing this on a Friday....then drive straight to work for a Saturday overtime shift. Those were the days......

Heading down to London with work tonight so sadly wont get the chance to test it all out until Friday.

How is emulation on Gorf these days?

The arcadeSD version is terrible, and MAME didn’t feel right when I last tried it, albeit a fair few years ago.

How is emulation on Gorf these days?

The arcadeSD version is terrible, and MAME didn’t feel right when I last tried it, albeit a fair few years ago.

MAME isn't great ...its ok but yeas doesn't feel right. Plus without the awesome controller it never feels right :cool:

One of my all time fave games ....my god did I shovel a lot of dinner money into that bad boy on the way home from school, ffs don't tell my mum :D Lived on a bag of crisps and 5 games of Gorf a day for about a year

The latest mame version of GORF (which suspiciously spells FROG backwards..) seemed OK to me (though its been years since I played a real one).
I know they are emulating the speech now - which was a pain for a while because it wasnt correct - and so just sounded wrong. Sounds better now. It also supports showing your rank and such - and you can even set the bezel up for this.

Hmmm........I think I need to upgrade! Mine is an ancient MAME but love it...........

It was great playing the original last year at the Arcade Club Leeds. Was in there all day and finally achieved a childhood dream...........SPACE AVENGER!!!!!! :)

"Prepare yourself for annihilation Space Cadet....."

Been playing loads of Konami games recently via a modded SNES mini that I missed in the arcades- loving Mystic Warriors: Wrath of the Ninjas, Bucky Ohare, G.I Joe and Aliens. All worth checking out

Devil May Cry on Switch!
I have the 360 version of the original trilogy; I'm tempted to get the ps4 or Xb1 version to avoid setting my 360 up (lazy!...), but I'd imagine the more it's upscaled, the worst the textures will look - wonder if Capcom will do proper remasters from the ground up some day.
Want to play through those before I play number 4 and the Series X/PS5 ver. of 5. (and DMC)
Haven't really played DMC games much in the past, but love Bayonetta.

View attachment 160810

Finished Return Of Double Dragon tonight, had to use the 5 credits though ha ha. Great game if a little slow, but plenty moves and top tunes make this one of my favourites.
Played that loads on my super famicom when I was a kid; a bit slow going at time as you say, but the range of different combos and such you could do was great.
Wish I still had my original copy, as it goes for loads these days!
As a side note, if anyone is after any SFC and JPN Megadrive games, let me know, as I may be selling off my moderate collection (keeping Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts though!...) Am also considering selling my Dreamcast, but not sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom