What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What retro games are you currently playing?

Devil may cry, Ninja Gaiden and the ultimate - "Nice Night..." "where are you" "Show yourself"...,..

Tenchu Stealth Assassins. The Muts dangly bits.

Paperboy, can never throw enough papers. Funnily I have owned it on everyformat. expect PS4 and Xbox X (the only two machines it never came out on *lol*) Prproably one of the only arcade machines I would actually love to own, but not a the price the few that come up for go for :)

Indiana Jones and the temple of doom - surprising one more go

Space harrier

Shinobi

Shadow dancer

These I play fairly regually on a full size cabinet that has mame roms on the PC but proper arcade sticks buttons.

Finally completed Miracle Warriors on the Master System :thumbs:It was a proper old school JRPG experience and the random battle frequency was crazy but a really fun game if you like that sort of thing :D Today the postman delivered one of the holy grails of Master System collecting! Gave it a quick test and it doesn't seem as difficult as the first Power Strike thankfully :thumbs:

PXL_20220303_113708446.jpg

Finally completed Miracle Warriors on the Master System :thumbs:It was a proper old school JRPG experience and the random battle frequency was crazy but a really fun game if you like that sort of thing :D Today the postman delivered one of the holy grails of Master System collecting! Gave it a quick test and it doesn't seem as difficult as the first Power Strike thankfully :thumbs:

View attachment 162337

Very nice Compile shooter. Played it briefly at a friends, enjoy.

For those who are interested:

The Cave is now taking bookings

And if you don't know what the hell this Cave that I'm on about is: ;)

Picked up an Amiga Mini. Absolutely fantastic. Added a load of my own games and I’m looking forward to playing through Dreamweb, Alien Breed and Police Quest 3 again. Cannon Fodder still holds up and the mouse is a faithful iteration - minus the roll ball.

Not sure if I ever played paradroid 90 - deffo played the first on the 64 though. (Wanders off to look on the internets)

Para droid was also great on the 64 but I think ‘90 is an epic game that didn’t really get the credit it deserved.

Oh can you share ? :) both are awesome!
I’m happy to send the disc images but I’m running on a MiSTer, an FPGA project that recreates pretty much all computers before Pentium, all consoles up to PSX and a ton of arcade cores.

Cost to get going is about £450, but then you have a system that can play pretty much all systems in hardware, without any software emulation, meaning no lag at all on a CRT with wired controllers.

I’ve always struggled with emulators as they are never quite the same experience as the arcade boards I have nor original consoles. On MiSTer, I honestly can’t tell the difference.

It’s open source and pretty impressive stuff.

I do have a spare DE-10 Nano FPGA that I was going to stick on eBay as I had to import them at great cost as sold out in the UK for months.

My old boss was talking about these a while back. Never actually looked into them at all.
Cant seem to find a list of stuff that's available on it though. This mostly seems to just list consoles and computers.

Its arcade stuff that interests me most - more mainstream stuff (Robotron, Scramble, PACMAN that kinda thing) but less common stuff too - Invaders Revenge for example.

It’s hard to find a definitive list but it has the classic Williams games, loads of early Konami, Capcom up to CPS2, some Cave games, Bubble Bobble etc. At a guess there are about 400 or so arcade games at the minute.

There are new cores every week, Hypersports and Track and Field last week. :)

I use it in my JAMMA cab for arcade stuff but use an old CRT for computers and consoles. You can use it on modern panels through HDMI but it just doesn’t look right to me, even with the various filters. I’m really picky with that kind of stuff though.

A much reduced collection (we got rid of the Sega stuff - apart from the Dreamcast - 10-15 years ago which was a big mistake) and don't ask how many boxes are under the bed with consoles, games and a stupid number of spare control pads... It is said to admit there are too many games there I haven't played (but there are way too may I play too much). I had a 14" Sony PVM but it was past it's best - and I agree with the comments above a CRT is a must for the older games as a LCD screen is just too clinical despite the attempts to introduce scan lines etc (they just don't work as LCD screens aren't curved - when they are we may stand a chance)

Attachments

• IMG_2521[1].JPG
    IMG_2521[1].JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
A much reduced collection (we got rid of the Sega stuff - apart from the Dreamcast - 10-15 years ago which was a big mistake) and don't ask how many boxes are under the bed with consoles, games and a stupid number of spare control pads... It is said to admit there are too many games there I haven't played (but there are way too may I play too much). I had a 14" Sony PVM but it was past it's best - and I agree with the comments above a CRT is a must for the older games as a LCD screen is just too clinical despite the attempts to introduce scan lines etc (they just don't work as LCD screens aren't curved - when they are we may stand a chance)
A reduced collection is good to have, quality over quantity always, along with a CRT.

My biggest bug bear is that Liz (those of you that have met her know I wouldn't argue with her) decided to open the factory sealed Kid Clown in Crazy Chase (not so bothered about this) and then the Donkey Kong Country 2 (I really wasn't happy about this) on teh SNES as she wanted to play them.... but wouldn't let me do the same to her Yoshi's Cookie on the NES 😂🤣😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom