What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What retro games are you currently playing?

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Retro games are a constant in my life that I dip in and out of depending on what I'm doing with the pins and I assume there are plenty of others on here who like playing the old stuff so what are you currently playing/collecting and on what systems?

I'm on a big Sega Master System kick at the moment having re-worked the setup in my home office and have recently completed Golden Axe Warrior (fantastic Zelda clone) :thumbs:I'm now just starting Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord which I think has the distinction of being the first console JRPG ever translated into English and released in the West, beating Phantasy Star by a couple of months. It's a brutally old school RPG with lots of level grinding required but I love that kind of stuff :cuckoo:

Also, if anyone has any Master System games they're looking to get rid of then give me a shout :thumbs:

Arcade STV. I have a crack at it every few years and am starting to get a bit better. I use the Darksoft multicart now as I sold my original a while back.

I can get about 1.8m on one credit this time round so can chain most of the first few levels and 100% the first five or six bosses. I’ve only just started allowing myself 3 credits to try and learn the next few levels but it gets very hard very quickly!

Not played much recently - though I did buy a cheap windows tablet and made a hand held mame machine with a decent sized screen. Played a bit of Invaders Revent, some Juno First and a spot of Astro Invader.

I was selling a generic jamma cab today and decided to soak test it by playing Wonderboy. I know some people can finish it in 1 credit so i wont say how many times i hit continue, but lets just say the cab was well and truly soak tested by the time i finished it :)

Its still one of my favourite games along side bubble bobble.

When was at school everyone had the Atari (And I think a couple had the G7000)
And what did I get..
View attachment 160667
Think its still at my dads house :eek:
Oh yeah ! Still got mine boxed here from back in the day . Still works. 😁I remember my Dad coming home with it …. Great excitement … we played the Racing Car cartridge a lot , but favourite was the Stunt Cycle . It came with a unique accelerator controller , I think I could jump about 35 buses !
Did get an Atari later on but fond memories of the old TV game - as they were called then.

Oh yeah ! Still got mine boxed here from back in the day . Still works. 😁I remember my Dad coming home with it …. Great excitement … we played the Racing Car cartridge a lot , but favourite was the Stunt Cycle . It came with a unique accelerator controller , I think I could jump about 35 buses !
Did get an Atari later on but fond memories of the old TV game - as they were called then.
Some of the game were ok (I recall there was a sort of breakout clone called maybe wipeout).
But it didn have Space Invaders or PacMan (course I never rated the VCS PacMan either - Munchkin on G7000 however...)

I got one of these one Christmas ago - 40 games. I would definitely not recommend it. The controls are only OK, not great, and there's better and cheaper ways to play games.

But having said that I really like it, it's compact and really neat.

I take it on holiday, I often take it when we stay at my in-laws. I've even been known to take it camping. I'm always ready for a quick fix of Metal Slug.

1644661531257.png

Turf Masters is actually by the same developer that made Metal Slug :)

I've also been playing a fair bit of Mortal Kombat 2 since buying one. That is waaaaay more difficult than I remember it being on the Snes. It's absolutely brutal in it's difficulty. Even with all the moves listed on the bezel it's rock hard!

Seeing this post has made me dig this lot out
looks like I’m having a retro afternoon

Attachments

• AD652B5D-322F-4236-82B3-3EC2C59DC376.jpeg
    AD652B5D-322F-4236-82B3-3EC2C59DC376.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 17188B2E-CD1B-4BEA-AB30-A889A1648B85.jpeg
    17188B2E-CD1B-4BEA-AB30-A889A1648B85.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 17
  • B9A210F9-3339-4BF4-BE11-263639117DDB.jpeg
    B9A210F9-3339-4BF4-BE11-263639117DDB.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 18