What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watches

If you'd bought the swatch and expect to get an omega quality then you'd be fooling yourself.
If I bought a rolex would I be worried about the invicta? No, Tudor? No.

200 quid is no Tudor, I bet most people in the street wouldn’t even tell it’s not “ an expensive omega” it looks like a speedmaster

Tudors are beautiful watches. You'd need a microscope on the movement to tell it from a Rolex and even then...

For the same reason Apple released a budget iphone.

They are limited in that they are only available form select sellers, mainly in that London and two fingers to anyone in the other 99% of England. I even looked at flights to Zurich... I think they are brilliant and will collect the set at some point. Still want a DSOTM so not really affecting aspiration, more likely itll act as a gateway for a lot of people.
Don't panic, a friend of a friend who works for The Swatch Group says they are going to be available to buy online soon. He told me in case I wanted a replacement for the one I just sold on chronohunter. TBHthe colab it doesn't offend me but I can't see why Omega needed to do it. Omega are owned by The Swatch Group though, so I guess affectively Neil Armstrong and James Bond wear Swatch 😁

You gotta be ****ed if you dropped 5k on an Omega only for them to plaster their brand all over a Swatch for 200 quid

Have to admit, quite like this. Might send my brother into the city to grab one. Where are they available?
Untitled.png

Just tried Westfield. they're not getting them. Carnaby St, Oxford St and Covent Garden are all releasing theirs tomorrow at 9am first come first served....

Last edited:
Are they going to be available online you think? It's as bit of a performance for me to get one otherwise

for that price and I don't currently have a speedy (was looking at dark side of the moon) So a "ceramic" speedy for 200 quid is a bargain.
but it’s not even close to a speedy - battery powered with a quartz movement! Save for a real one!!

in any case they are not limited and will be online to buy soon also.

Obviously an automatic is much preferable but at 200 quid you're not overpaying for a **** movement. It's not a Tag

Me and my bro bought the bond Seamaster in ‘98, his was the more expensive automatic and mine was the poor man’s inferior quartz version.
His broke and mine has never gone wrong, think I have put 3 battery’s in since ‘98 at a few quid a time😁

Yup and the ****whittery continues converting Minimum effort , standing up. Into triple or quadruple returns , **** it **** them **** most people for being bastards.

Just sad , my mate has a high end clothing store , he does the trainers releases adidas and stuff , he says everything is sold to be resold for cash , people fight in the stores it’s just the worst , sad as today I was watching a YouTube video and the guy was saying although they are not limited they won’t make them forever and I guess they essentially makes then limited, it’s not the actual watch that is putting me off it’s the grifting from one person to another that makes me sad and no I’d not pay one pence over rrp I’m simply not that ****d

All this talk of watches made me dig this out to wear today.
790C3477-F87F-45BF-AC15-51B0D4347599.jpeg
Rare because of the full gold bracelet. Otherwise it’s a 10-a-penny common as muck Hublot Big Bang. Weighty bugger at 275g.

Back
Top Bottom