What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watches

there is no shortage - there is a perception of shortage: dealers buying them up and putting the price up right away. I could get 10 Batman Rolex’s within the hour - I’d struggle to get a single Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy edition.
Surely not at retail? If you could, buy them all!

there is no shortage - there is a perception of shortage: dealers buying them up and putting the price up right away. I could get 10 Batman Rolex’s within the hour - I’d struggle to get a single Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy edition.
Whilst the snoopy editions hold some kind of nasa status I really would struggle to wear snoopy on my wrist I mean snoopy . . A watch I’d just a watch I have been looking for a nice one for a while but I keep thinking wow they have become so expensive , I started looking when subs were 5k now it’s 9, it’s a watch , a WATCH 9k yes it’s all relevant and I could buy one but would I feel comfortable wandering around with 9k tag on my arm? My mate has done well for himself with a great business and has a new blue dial Rolex - I didn’t ask the model but it’s 40k , I don’t know if I could walk around with 40k on my arm?

There is a shortage when I walk unto an AD and they have gaps in their display, I can't buy even an OP for list price. This isn't the grey market where you can buy at an inflated price.
These aren't limited editions like a silver snoopy or ultraman.

hmm which is the harder to find?

EEAEA2A2-3A6E-42F6-86BC-6B282E69A111.jpeg

ECD9698F-AA7A-44C7-9684-38EAD3758B26.png

and I’d happily wear any of the 3 omega snoopy’s

240DA790-BAC0-4901-B2A5-2D2D96456E04.jpeg

DE9055CF-46DA-45B9-9D78-E479FCE50AEF.jpeg

when I do driver training I use it all the time but here for those here that still struggle with an abacus:

and if the watches were cheap would it be ok still to collect them? 🤣😘

it does make me chuckle that in the land of pinball weirdos folks are having a go at watch weirdos 😂🤣

Better not show this:

68988E1B-4D80-4D1E-8459-FB963166360E.jpeg

currently worth almost 2 times all of my pinball collection (measured in Will‘s crazy prices).

neil.

I hear you Neil, but the Batman and the snoopy are not current models, they are limited or out of production.

Try a search for Rolex Oyster Perpetual and limit the search to new,. They are not list price. 8k+ none in uk.

If I visit the bullring there are 3 AD, Rolex, Omega and Bremont. Lets say I want something run of the mill eg. A 39mm Oyster Perpetual, an Omega Speedmaster and a Bremont S300. I can walk out of 2 of them with a watch and probably get a discount. Here's what happens at Rolex:

An OP please.
OK, what have you bought before?
Nothing.
Then even if we had one, you can't have it. We can put you on a list and we may select you.

And that 6300 watch will be 9K.
****ty way of treating customers.

So, at the moment I am buying Hamilton. Very affordable, great quality, readily available. I am thinking of an Omega Speedy or Seamaster next.

I hear you Neil, but the Batman and the snoopy are not current models, they are limited or out of production.

Try a search for Rolex Oyster Perpetual and limit the search to new,. They are not list price. 8k+ none in uk.

If I visit the bullring there are 3 AD, Rolex, Omega and Bremont. Lets say I want something run of the mill eg. A 39mm Oyster Perpetual, an Omega Speedmaster and a Bremont S300. I can walk out of 2 of them with a watch and probably get a discount. Here's what happens at Rolex:

An OP please.
OK, what have you bought before?
Nothing.
Then even if we had one, you can't have it. We can put you on a list and we may select you.

And that 6300 watch will be 9K.
****ty way of treating customers.

So, at the moment I am buying Hamilton. Very affordable, great quality, readily available. I am thinking of an Omega Speedy or Seamaster next.
Not good- So what Authorised Rolex dealer are you going to just out of curiosity?
1 - Rolex AD are not allowed to raise the prices
2 - If they have it for sale on the premises they are NOT allowed to withhold and pick and choose who they sell it to.
I have never been treated like this by Rolex
You should call Geneva 🇨🇭

Last edited:
Not good- So what Authorised Rolex dealer are you going to just out of curiosity?
1 - Rolex AD are not allowed to raise the prices
2 - If they have it for sale on the premises they are NOT allowed to withhold and pick and choose who they sell it to.
I have never been treated like this by Rolex
You should call Geneva 🇨🇭

My partners son in law collects Rolex’s, he buys new from an AD, he HAS to by A to allow him to buy B, then buy a C to buy a D and so on, but he’s comfortable with this as he’s buying at RRP and there worth more than he paid after walking out the shop, only because they just won’t sell on a fair playing field. Not willing to tell who the dealer is, sorry.

Chris.

My partners son in law collects Rolex’s, he buys new from an AD, he HAS to by A to allow him to buy B, then buy a C to buy a D and so on, but he’s comfortable with this as he’s buying at RRP and there worth more than he paid after walking out the shop, only because they just won’t sell on a fair playing field. Not willing to tell who the dealer is, sorry.

Chris.
Yeah, but they are at RRP and they are in the shop on the premises?
He’s gets B,C etc… which would be waiting list?
ADs are not allowed to withhold stock for sale on premises and monopolise the price.
It just doesn’t happen.
They loose their AD status.
This isn’t the local flea market or grey , pre owned market.
The amount of hoops to jump through to get Rolex AD status is hard to achieve.

Edit: if two watches are for sale, let’s say a Submariner and a Daytona in AD- Watches of Switzerland - I walk in and say I want the Daytona - say “sorry buddy, you can’t have that, unless , 😉 you take the submariner too”
Lol….

Last edited:
Yeah, but they are at RRP and they are in the shop on the premises?
He’s gets B,C etc… which would be waiting list?
ADs are not allowed to withhold stock for sale on premises and monopolise the price.
It just doesn’t happen.
They loose their AD status.
This isn’t the local flea market or grey , pre owned market.
The amount of hoops to jump through to get Rolex AD status is hard to achieve.
It does happen though and I have seen it.

Plus, you don’t know what they have in the safe, it’s not like everything they have is on display. Like most things in life, it’s who you know, rather than what you know!

It does happen though and I have seen it.

Plus, you don’t know what they have in the safe, it’s not like everything they have is on display. Like most things in life, it’s who you know, rather than what you know!
^^^Yeah, loyal customers waiting for something to come in, on a waiting list for example.
What I’m saying is:
1. You can’t have a watch on display and make the rules up as you go along as an AD
2. You shouldn’t monopolise the price set by Rolex

Last edited:
As I said, yes an AD, yes paying RRP, so obviously new.

But the fact is their selling him watches they won’t sell to others, and you HAVE to buy other certain ones to ALLOW you to buy the next.

Are they in their window, no! Deal is done before the watch even gets to the dealer.

Personally I don’t see the problem, is looking after your good, regular customers, I think not!

Chris.

As I said, yes an AD, yes paying RRP, so obviously new.

But the fact is their selling him watches they won’t sell to others, and you HAVE to buy other certain ones to ALLOW you to buy the next.

Are they in their window, no! Deal is done before the watch even gets to the dealer.

Personally I don’t see the problem, is looking after your good, regular customers, I think not!

Chris.
Yip, I’d say that happens often, it’s business at the end of the day.
Limited run of models, best customers get a call when they come in.
Some people strike it lucky and find what they want in the window, which does happen too.

My buddy just got his new Daytona a few months ago.. £10K… they are on watchfinder for £35K… supply & demand

Bought my last watch from here...

Totally impressed from start to finish, from my experience very accurate description, very well priced and very well packed (lots of very!)

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom