What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

Most folk would install the Beta.. Scott is pretty good at getting back to you if you have any issues..
Im not 100% on this - maybe too early for me given my time with it, has anyone else in the club done this and can report ?

How do I make my TNA harder? The one in PBR fires the ball aggressively all over the shop. This one is positively benign.

Are the CEs easier, does anyone know? Is it just I need to increase the pitch? Or do I need to change the coil strength somehow?

I've heard from a few people, including @C&C that the TNA at PBR plays very mean compared to most others. 😄

OK I’ve just noticed this mainly because I only play 1/2 player and don’t really look at displays during startup. I assume this is how it was from NIB as I haven’t even had the backglass out yet.

Anyway the top line of player 3 is off!
Thoughts? Easy fix or contact Spooky.

Thx Coly

IMG_0955.jpeg

Close up
IMG_0954.jpeg

OK I’ve just noticed this mainly because I only play 1/2 player and don’t really look at displays during startup. I assume this is how it was from NIB as I haven’t even had the backglass out yet.

Anyway the top line of player 3 is off!
Thoughts? Easy fix or contact Spooky.

Thx Coly

View attachment 221353

Close up
View attachment 221354
I'm sure Spooky would send you a replacement. When I had mine I had issues with the segment between the flippers and they sent out a replacement the same day.

I just got a replacement coil for the auto shoot come through in the post - even though it was my error

I just checked mine Col and there are some IC chips behind each display. They are removable ..?!

have you tried player 3 ?

I’ve tried 3 players and yep it’s missing the top segment.
I’ll pull glass off when I get a mo and check alls seated well and nothing untoward.

Thx Coly

Erm, Help ?!?

Just having a 2 player game and halfway through 5 ball game the machine went off . Checked there is still power to amp and some leds lit on various boards but nothing on the playfield and translite

Turned off and on and nothing ?

Attachments

• IMG_2665.jpeg
    IMG_2665.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 17
Thanks , all fuses checked and found the source of the problem. The 5/12 v dv transformer has blown something and i’ve lost those 2 power outputs. There is still 230v present on the input side

Also found this washer wedged in the transformer terminals ( not that it’s causing any issues but….. )

Attachments

• IMG_2667.jpeg
    IMG_2667.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2668.jpeg
    IMG_2668.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2666.jpeg
    IMG_2666.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 42
Well, after about 9 months wait I finally got my TNA delivered yesterday. Big thanks to @Dave Playman helping me set it up. What a game!

Worked out of the box with no functional issues (yet!) which was a big relief. There is a bubble on the LCD screen which is only really visible when turned off, so still something to tinker with :p

PXL_20230614_193046114.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230615_092445392.jpg
    PXL_20230615_092445392.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20230615_083121774.jpg
    PXL_20230615_083121774.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 51
Well, after about 9 months wait I finally got my TNA delivered yesterday. Big thanks to @Dave Playman helping me set it up. What a game!

Worked out of the box with no functional issues (yet!) which was a big relief. There is a bubble on the LCD screen which is only really visible when turned off, so still something to tinker with :p

View attachment 222247

View attachment 222247
Awesome, can't wait to get mine now. Sorry to hear about the little issue with the screen, hopefully it's an easy fix if possible or spooky sends you out one soon. Nothing to stop you enjoying it which is the main thing :)

View attachment 222247
That looks as though some fluid or air has got trapped between the screen and the protective panel in front of it, might clear up if you take it out and separate them then clean and reassemble.

That looks as though some fluid or air has got trapped between the screen and the protective panel in front of it, might clear up if you take it out and separate them then clean and reassemble.

This is a pretty standard spooky thing unfortunately (my TNA also, and R&M), just where the speaker panels touched the LCD. Adding some small washers underneath the LCD will fix it.

Mine is back online, just awaiting confirmation but all roads are heading to a faulty PSU.

Played several games since , good chat with Spooky tech - an owner in europe a few months back had the same issue, expenses will be sorted.

Been messing around with the sound tonight , it just didn’t feel right, system like that with distortion. I like it loud but it will never be full volume.

The sub box only had 3 screws in it so one corner added to the bad sound, so did the sub, the shaker motor housing is removed as it touches the sub box and rattles

Next time i take up the playfield i’ll make a note of the settings and post them up , the line out from the screen setting makes a difference too

So far i’ve managed 1.6m and 5th reactor flashing

Glad you got it back up and running, hopefully spooky sending out a replacement PSU also.

Thanks for sharing all the info you are coming across with the machine, will helps others to keep an eye on certain areas in and around the machine.

I need to sort the volume out on mine... Set it to 2 and it's wonderfully loud - neighbours won't approve. Set it to 1 and it's a bit quiet for my taste... need something in the middle!

I need to sort the volume out on mine... Set it to 2 and it's wonderfully loud - neighbours won't approve. Set it to 1 and it's a bit quiet for my taste... need something in the middle!
i’ll try and do it tonight and post up.

You need to adjust the volume in the monitor (and the amp). Wait for @SeikoKid post or see further back in this thread for what Scott Danesi advised.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS 😘

Sorry, just had to put that

I have played with mine now 3 different times. Im pretty certain now this is as best as it will get without going mad on spacers and silicone ( which I don't think will make any difference anyways ) Anything further will require a better amp and maybe better speakers

Firstly I checked out the sub, I don't feel it needs a spacer as the cone and rubber don't touch the cab. Ive removed the net though as it might touch that and it will add to the vibration - I could find a cheapo sub cover online to make a proper finish and some smart covers for the holes, or recut the net and fit it over them

I fixed down the 4th missing screw out of the box by the shaker as that was vibrating on test, it does make a difference

Ive removed the shaker cover - only came with 1 screw and was touching the box and vibrating - it has also made a difference

There is missing nut on the 4th bolt for the sub, this needs addressing but at present the sub is solid

Please see my mark ups. Following Scotts guide is good but at output 11 from the screen for proper use the volume is meh, I tried it on 25, 28, 40, 45, etc and ended up with 32

If you turn everything off on the amp you can find your sub distortion point - do that first

I might add more treble , not decided and doesn't affect the distortion

@Fubar - If its still too much - I play on 3/4, my kids bedroom is above my games room and on 1 at night no probs - maybe turn the amp volume down - 7 is slammin but the distortion creeps back a bit

Any feedback or suggestions please do tell

I hope it helps. if not then ignore everything I have wrote and do it yourself

EDIT*. The volume I have set at 3pm

Attachments

• IMG_2811.jpeg
    IMG_2811.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2812.jpeg
    IMG_2812.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2820.jpeg
    IMG_2820.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

View attachment 222247
Thanks for having me over to experience the unboxing with you mate👍🏼 really enjoyed it.
The game is awesome! So colours, light show, music and general vibe are spot on👌🏼
I look forward to playing it again next time I’m over. Cheers 😎

@SeikoKid had me over today and talked me through what you are meant to do in TNA. Such an amazing game concept, very old school and simple but executed so well with modern technology. I started to get the feel of wanting to play one more game, and the sense of excitement in the build up to destroying the reactor.
You lucky things who own one.

Back
Top Bottom