What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

I have an original.

Bought it via this forum 3 years ago (it was my first pin), and still have no intention of selling it.
I've put over 5500 plays on it (2500 before the last code update, which reset the stats)
I've reached the 9th reactor 7 times and actually completed it twice.
Even getting through all 9 reactors, you're only looking at around a 20 minute game (see bottom photo).

Great pin, has that "just one more game" appeal, the music and sound is brilliant, and it's a superb game to practise skills on - especially live catches coming down from the orbits, and nailing drop catches on the right flipper from the vicious scoop eject never gets old.

View attachment 196170

View attachment 196169

View attachment 196168

View attachment 196167

View attachment 196166
Awesome mate, thanks for sharing. Really good to see you are enjoying it still. Average ball time 5mins, perfect.

I've got an original here at Pavlov Towers. Available to play at the London and SE league meet in May!
Looking forward to it Paul.
Your's and Neil's are really nice to play. Matt's at PBR is set up a little harshly, but still fun.
Regarding the London and SE League, although I won't be getting to all/most of the rounds, really looking forward to your event - especially another chance to play Mousin' Around (and hopefully a few games of table tennis if the weather is kind)!

Random fact about TNA - the last digit of the score indicates how many reactors you managed to destroy, so a score of 1,340,653 tells you that you've destroyed 3 reactors.

Last edited:
Just out of interest are the flipper , pop bumper, scoop and other solenoids a higher power than usually installed on machines ?

Goo question I am not sure either. Hopefully someone can confirm.
My understanding was "no". The parts on the original whitewood were from Scott's day job supplying spare parts at PinballLife.

As far as I understand it, pins went from having multiple flippers up the sides, to having flippers at the bottom, to having ramps, and to having now 360 wireforms like on Avengers Infinity Quest, as a result of increased solenoid power (or efficiency?). This meant the flippers (and, presumably, other components) could make shots further, and with more power, up the playfield. Thus, as far as I understand it, it's not that TNA has more powerful parts than modern pins. It's that it's got equally powerful parts, but is single level, so the ball moves faster.

This may be complete rubbish, however, and I wondered if anyone else had a better answer?

Oh forgot to mention apparently I got the last one but always worth a shout in case anyone backs out last min as Phil getting a few. I know the 2.0 has Acid Green Flo protectors so if anyone want to blinging up their OG just shout as I will be offering Pinside Anyway.

all excited now 😊

Last edited:
Oh forgot to mention apparently I got the last one but always worth a shout in case anyone backs out last min as Phil getting a few. I know the 2.0 has Acid Green Flo protectors so if anyone want to blinging up their OG just shout as I will be offering Pinside Anyway.

all excited now 😊
Congratulations. I’d mulled it over but just couldn’t justify the price. Snoozed and lost!

My understanding was "no". The parts on the original whitewood were from Scott's day job supplying spare parts at PinballLife.

As far as I understand it, pins went from having multiple flippers up the sides, to having flippers at the bottom, to having ramps, and to having now 360 wireforms like on Avengers Infinity Quest, as a result of increased solenoid power (or efficiency?). This meant the flippers (and, presumably, other components) could make shots further, and with more power, up the playfield. Thus, as far as I understand it, it's not that TNA has more powerful parts than modern pins. It's that it's got equally powerful parts, but is single level, so the ball moves faster.

This may be complete rubbish, however, and I wondered if anyone else had a better answer?

Thanks Vee, i figured the scoop at least might be

Anyways i’m in the club. And very happy to hear it will be a CE
TNA meets is due its own listing ? as there will be now machines in north / south / east and west london

Alan partridge style where you turn up in bare feet after a lap of the m25 playing all 4 machines in 1 day
Winner gets a tolborone

Last edited:
Hey I’ve entered the Future. TNA 2.0 hopefully here next month so I’m in the exclusive club. 😊

when this bunch arrives together sadly not so exclusive, probably more TNA's in the UK than Deadpool, Stranger Things and Guardians!

Excited? I’m hoping to pick one up second hand, maybe a year or 2 later.
Weirdly, I've lost hope in it ever getting here! I was expecting it around Xmas and we're nearly in summer...

It's definitely a keeper for us as I fell in love with the one in PBR back in July/August 2021 (I think) and was waiting for the re-release to be announced for more than a year. I didn't think I'd ever have the chance to own one when I Googled it in PBR and found out there were only 500 ever made in 2016. I'm pleased I will finally get one, but - due to the QC issues with the CE edition - I'm praying it actually works!

Weirdly, I've lost hope in it ever getting here! I was expecting it around Xmas and we're nearly in summer...

It's definitely a keeper for us as I fell in love with the one in PBR back in July/August 2021 (I think) and was waiting for the re-release to be announced for more than a year. I didn't think I'd ever have the chance to own one when I Googled it in PBR and found out there were only 500 ever made in 2016. I'm pleased I will finally get one, but - due to the QC issues with the CE edition - I'm praying it actually works!
Still, good news that it's getting closer, eh?

I was also waiting for the re-release, but the price increase caught me out - not by surprise, just by affordability. Hopefully the PH warranty will ensure it works well for many years to come.

Still, good news that it's getting closer, eh?

I was also waiting for the re-release, but the price increase caught me out - not by surprise, just by affordability. Hopefully the PH warranty will ensure it works well for many years to come.
Yeah, the sticker shock was a biggie :eek: We’d been on Phil’s wait list @ PH and, when he came back with the price, we were like “NO WAY” (politely). We then had a long discussion about it as TNA is in both my husband and I’s top 5 pins of all time (and I’ve probably played more than 100 different pins now). Eventually, we figured this was our last chance to get one. But, by the time we decided to buy, Phil had decided it wasn’t worth making a bulk retail order - so, we ordered from Spooky direct. Phil’s now offering TNAs for sale and he’s also bringing ours into the country.

I would be scared about the QC issues if we didn’t mostly own B/W-era and 80s pins purchased in non-collectors’ condition. I think we’ve only had one pin (AFM) that hasn’t either arrived with a complex electrical/mechanical fault, or developed one within weeks of arriving. My husband has spent a huge amount of time learning to fix electrical faults ‘on the job’ (as it were). I’ve even printed (and laminated) an Out-of-Order sign…

My understanding is that the original Scott Danesi whitewood was built largely with B/W parts from Pinball Life so, provided we can source parts, we’ll just have to repair it ourselves. I know that’s not acceptable for a NIB pin, but TNA is TNA - so, we’re sucking it up 🤷‍♂️ I’m more worried by our Godzilla going wrong TBH, as Stern are allegedly not good on providing parts.
09FBD6BD-1BD3-498C-89B8-5FA2048FAFF4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom