What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

I more or less forgot to even think about mine arriving. Watched a YT video again and back to looking forward to it arriving, whenever that may be 🤷‍♂️

Latest update on the shipping container containing the TNA CEs from Phil (who must be sick of hearing from me):

No confirmation yet (but I’ve not heard that it hasn’t left as scheduled).

I emailed Phil also last night, the latest info being they are now (hopefully) heading to the UK but he is waiting on confirmation.

I emailed Phil also last night, the latest info being they are now (hopefully) heading to the UK but he is waiting on confirmation.
Dont worry ive a cunning plan ;)
I'm gonna send my Phantom Drone out to sea and have a shifty at the ship and how far its off the UK shores:thumbs:
will check back in a bit

Coly out

Ok was a bad idea I. ran out of battery about 4 miles out with no signs of a container ship
However passed several migrant boats who said they had seen one some point.

Coly out

TNA CEs in the UK. Mine will be here, hopefully, next Wednesday:

If you scroll through the pictures, the TNAs are lined up with numbers and names visible.

TNA CEs in the UK. Mine will be here, hopefully, next Wednesday:

If you scroll through the pictures, the TNAs are lined up with numbers and names visible.
You beauty.. look at all those Pins.

So... looking forward to TNA. I'll have to message Phil tonight actually, I am not going to be home for a few weeks so hopefully I can arrange a delivery date.

I can confirm TNA is not MIA and here to play

( Check you game as the 4th ball was still on the playfield and the glass isn’t cut square so only just fits in 1 way, also it’s razor sharp 🤕 )

Needs Cols touch on the plunger for a nice sticker 🙏

The sound is phenomenal

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 45
I can confirm TNA is not MIA and here to play

( Check you game as the 4th ball was still on the playfield and the glass isn’t cut square so only just fits in 1 way, also it’s razor sharp 🤕 )

Needs Cols touch on the plunger for a nice sticker 🙏

The sound is phenomenal
Whoooah
Did Hadfields deliver or you somehow collect.
My last 2 NIB Hadfields just turned up unannounced without even giving me notice! It was a pleasant suprise but just as well I was in both times I guess.

BTW the music is a definite Ear Worm you will never get out of your head EVER but thankfully it’s totally 🤩

It was
Whoooah
Did Hadfields deliver or you somehow collect.
My last 2 NIB Hadfields just turned up unannounced without even giving me notice! It was a pleasant suprise but just as well I was in both times I guess.

BTW the music is a definite Ear Worm you will never get out of your head EVER but thankfully it’s totally 🤩
Ive been playing with the Amp - any everything else
Just tweaked it a little to suit my environment and take the bass rasp out of the speakers a touch. Even on 1 it's a blast so you might want to turn the amp down ? @VeeMonroe

It was purely by chance, I had a call out come in yesterday for Ardwick in Manchester. I last min text Phil just to see, He was heading over there to check the container and that was that.

This was posted by Scott Danesi a few years ago so probably still relevant for the new versions:

I do not recommend screwing with your amp settings...... ....but.....

If your amp settings get screwed up, this is what I would do. Do this at your own risk as this has the potential to damage your amp and/or speakers if set too high. But please do not do this unless your amp settings get totally out of wack. Warning, this setup procedure is going to be loud, so warn the people around you.

Step 1: With the game on, take the backglass out and press the volume up or down button on the back of the LCD and bring the pre-amp volume down to 11. It will show on the screen. This is probably set high from the factory, but I found reducing this made the audio quality slightly better.
Step 2: Put the backglass back in.
Step 3: Turn every knob on your amp all the way down until it stops.
Step 4: Go to Music Test in the service menu and select reactor 3 by pressing the start button a few times.
Step 5: On the coin door, press the volume up button until it reaches 11.
Step 6: On the amp, turn the second knob from the left (sub crossover) up about 1/8 turn.
Step 7: On the amp, turn the treble just past half way up.
Step 8: On the amp turn the Bass knob up about 1/8 turn. Keep this low as this is controlling the bass output to the upper speakers and could damage them or the amp if set too high.

Here is where it is going to get loud...

Step 9: On the amp, turn up the sub volume very slowly until just before you hear a bit of distortion. This will be pretty loud.
Step 10: On the amp, turn up the Volume knob slowly until before you hear distortion or you feel that is the loudest you would ever have the machine. This is also the time where adjusting the treble up or down should be done.

Important note! If the amp cuts out during any of these last 2 steps, you went too high with the volume and/or Bass knob. Bring these back down so the amp does not cut out as this could damage it.

Step 11: On the coin door, turn down the volume back to a reasonable level and enjoy.

Again, please do this at your own risk. You can damage your amp and/or speakers messing with this stuff. I am not an expert audiophile or whatever it is called, I am just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous here. Don't blame me or Charlie if you break something. icon_biggrin.gif

Let me know if anyone has any better suggestions.

--Scott

Found my old comment on it.

Followed this advice that Scott posted on Pinside. The biggest difference is the volume setting behind the screen. Mine was set to 50 so have lowered it to 11 as suggested. This explains why my subwoofer adjustment was so sensitive. Now it has much more space to tailor it to my preference:

Thank you. I will try that. The only issue I had was the sub was rasping - just like the stern stock sub with the bass. I think the backbox speakers had too much bass going through them too. Ive just tweaked down the bass a touch and lowered the initial volume slightly otherwise ill wake up the kids even with it on 1 late at night

The sub adjustment is too sensitive atm for sure

Anyone else receive their TNA ?

Going to be around 3 weeks before I get mine, busy with work unfortunately :(

@SeikoKid how you getting on with TNA ?

Hi Team TNA. I had to leave for a 3 day camping festival ( first one with the kids ) and such could only go back to thinking about it again but i’ve been playing it a lot since i got home today.
Had to fix the autolaunch by replacing the coil - wrecked it when either lifting or replacing the playfield when setting it up.
Mentioned it to a couple people who were also not aware of the dangers of this plunger rod and i have never had this issue on other brands so just putting it here so no one else falls short
The C clip on the end that holds
back the spring caught the coil and broke the wire. Took me a while to find the fault
Just pull and hold back the plunger when moving the field
Also been installing Stumblors UFO / Pop bumper / Backbox mod tonight that has eaten up TNA time but sooo worth it

Have we got another member yet with the extra game available ?

I used a spirit level and Pinguy app to set it up a there is no bubble as a guide

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpeg
    IMG_2308.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 16
Found my old comment on it.
Ive now done this but then turned the display volume up to 25 as it was too quiet when on full volume
Tonight i tweaked up the sub and bass a fraction. Level 1 now is fine for late night and 5 is enough that i can hardly hear the missis asking me to turn it down

I think i will go down the route of the spacer bar and maybe use some type of putty of door sponge seal so the box can be removed in future of needed without damage

Hi Team TNA. I had to leave for a 3 day camping festival ( first one with the kids ) and such could only go back to thinking about it again but i’ve been playing it a lot since i got home today.
Had to fix the autolaunch by replacing the coil - wrecked it when either lifting or replacing the playfield when setting it up.
Mentioned it to a couple people who were also not aware of the dangers of this plunger rod and i have never had this issue on other brands so just putting it here so no one else falls short
The C clip on the end that holds
back the spring caught the coil and broke the wire. Took me a while to find the fault
Just pull and hold back the plunger when moving the field
Also been installing Stumblors UFO / Pop bumper / Backbox mod tonight that has eaten up TNA time but sooo worth it

Have we got another member yet with the extra game available ?

I used a spirit level and Pinguy app to set it up a there is no bubble as a guide
Sorry to hear you damaged the coil, but pleased you got it fixed.

Thanks for sharing regarding the plunger rod when lifting the playfield. Very easy to miss that one.

Back
Top Bottom