What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

So TNA arrived last night :)

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-20 at 12.27.58.jpeg

The unboxing experience was great, no damage or major concerns to report.

Little niggles are, LCD screen cover needs adjusted or rotated as it's bent slightly and leaning on the LCD Panel (still to sort this out)

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-20 at 12.27.59.jpeg

One of the upper playfield sling shots started to fire itself, switch needed a little adjusting.

The 3 RAD Target LED's and the (A) Inlane LED were out, connector was slightly loose on under playfield PCB.

Holding the left flipper results in a buzzing sound, quite loud actually when the game is on lower volume. Not looked at this as yet, though possibly the buzzing is normal from what I read on Pinside so far.

Yip the LCD screen does look a little washed out, the viewing angle isn't great on a cheaper panel. Knocking the brightness down to 25 and upping the contrast to 75 improves it a bit for me.

The shaker sure is strong in this game, I have set it to Low in the settings and it's' still really strong. The coin box rattles quite a bit when the shaker is on and less rattling sounds with the coin box removed, so I'll keep that out the machine.

The upper rear channel the playfield glass slides into is very tight, need to lift this up slightly and work your way along when sliding the glass back on.

I have adjusted the monitor volume to 11, and find the game sound great between 4 and 5 when set at the coin door level. I haven't looked or tweaked anything on the amp as yet, no major distortion from what I can hear just now.

First impressions though on this Pin are its bloody amazing... I was going in blind when buying this Pin and so far its turned out to be exactly what I wanted. A super fast game with a retro throwback and thumping amazing audio and sound effects. Its addictive as hell and absolutely has one more game appeal where you just want to press the start button over and over again.

So far I have made it to Reactor 3 and had it overheated but failed to blow it up, haven't made it back to it as yet.

An absolutely unique Pin that is like nothing I have played before and my son loves it also, he was mega surprised last night when it arrived :)

Anyhow back to a few games over and over again and again, average ball time is like 56 secs so far 👌

The flipper buzzing is normal, it's because the game uses single wound coils, like Sterns. Mine has a buzz on the lower left flipper too.

The flipper buzzing is normal, it's because the game uses single wound coils, like Sterns. Mine has a buzz on the lower left flipper too.
Great thanks for confirming, just up the volume to not hear it anyhow :)

Got my highest score to date yesterday, 3.3M. Strategy was basically go for multiball all the time! Managed a couple super jackpots. Only made it to reactor 4 though...

Attachments

• PXL_20230619_150421989.jpg
    PXL_20230619_150421989.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 8
@RetroHeed

I wonder if the monitor outputs variey as 11 on monitor output on mine and full vol on the coin door the sound is low and without any gusto

@Fubar - I heard elsewhere about the coil differences and had this explained to me , i checked mine out and there is the 3 terminals for the 2nd windings ? and a limit switch to signal when arm has reached full length ? or is this for something else ?

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpeg
    IMG_2810.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 15
@RetroHeed

I wonder if the monitor outputs variey as 11 on monitor output on mine and full vol on the coin door the sound is low and without any gusto

@Fubar - I heard elsewhere about the coil differences and had this explained to me , i checked mine out and there is the 3 terminals for the 2nd windings ? and a limit switch to signal when arm has reached full length ? or is this for something else ?

Your limit switch doesnt appear to be wired to anything, or am I just not seeing something.

@Fubar - you are correct. Is the 3rd lug for a pulse from the board then when the current limit is reached ?

For me the level 11 even with amp turned up was quiet and was mindful of Scott’s notes about it blowing up -
See now i have it on 3/4 , it’s looking though i have a bit of a gremlin machine.
I’ve had to tweak every target switch as it wasent registering shots or hits to the pop bumper without hitting them hard

Last edited:
@SeikoKid maybe I was wrong and they are indeed dual wound coils. I was only assuming single wound because they are pulsed like the Stern ones which is what causes the buzzing - I found a post from Scott where he mentions it:

What I did on TNA to combat knockdowns was made the hold stronger in the software by pulsing the main winding (this is no secret). This is the buzzing sound that you hear once in a while. This is not a one size fits all type thing though as people in different parts of the globe have different incoming voltages to their systems. TNA does not have EOS switches, if it did, I could send a "reflip" signal to the coil like other manufacturers do, but honestly, I am not a fan of this. This would cause the ball to be flipped away upon knockdown.

BTW there's this guy who is compiling a manual for fun, @namyzzo on pinside. Doesn't seem to explain the coil wiring though...

@SeikoKid maybe I was wrong and they are indeed dual wound coils. I was only assuming single wound because they are pulsed like the Stern ones which is what causes the buzzing - I found a post from Scott where he mentions it:

BTW there's this guy who is compiling a manual for fun, @namyzzo on pinside. Doesn't seem to explain the coil wiring though...
yeah i’ve seen that - really good of him to do that.
It’s a pass from me on these coils…. 🙃 i know my flippers don’t sit level and the right one isn’t the same as the left

Another thing with your machines. I clean my playfield of little white bits of sticky rubber or something ? frequently - using canned compressed air won’t clear them, i have to wipe them off individually every other game. Anyone else getting this ??

yeah i’ve seen that - really good of him to do that.
It’s a pass from me on these coils…. 🙃 i know my flippers don’t sit level and the right one isn’t the same as the left

Another thing with your machines. I clean my playfield of little white bits of sticky rubber or something ? frequently - using canned compressed air won’t clear them, i have to wipe them off individually every other game. Anyone else getting this ??
I have noticed some little white bits on playfield back and forth not sure its rubber mind you I'll check tomorrow.

That's me just over 100 plays with no issues and loving the game :) Still can't destroy Reactor 3 yet 😂

@SeikoKid the very tiny white particles I found on mine were just dust really, not bits of rubber. I also seen the odd little black tiny specs again which blow or wipe off the playfield.

However when looking at the Playfield and seeing what could cause wear in the future, that would be the wooden parts. Those being the black wooden parts in the shooter lane and both outlanes, need to keep a close on these I think. Also need to keep and eye out for wear on the apron where the ball drains, there is only one strip of foam on each side.

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-22 at 15.42.36.jpeg

Time for another game, or two, or three or.....

Received mine. Delivered by the only guy I trust with my pins, Martin.

Packaged really well by spooky. Looked under the playfield. Plenty of hot glue on connectors, no loose ones. Unfortunately I can’t turn the key to get the backglass off so couldn’t check the connectors in there. Decided just to turn it on. Needn’t of worried, worked perfect. Even the sound is spot on with no need to adjust settings.
Got to reactor 4 on my first ever game. Unfortunately not reached that highs again today. Definitely a different game in my collection, more of an arcade shooter with balls.

Received mine. Delivered by the only guy I trust with my pins, Martin.

Packaged really well by spooky. Looked under the playfield. Plenty of hot glue on connectors, no loose ones. Unfortunately I can’t turn the key to get the backglass off so couldn’t check the connectors in there. Decided just to turn it on. Needn’t of worried, worked perfect. Even the sound is spot on with no need to adjust settings.
Got to reactor 4 on my first ever game. Unfortunately not reached that highs again today. Definitely a different game in my collection, more of an arcade shooter with balls.
Amazing.. Kenny. Glad everything is all good.. bloody hell. Reactor 4 already lol.

For sure like and old arcade shooter, proper old school to master yet be hard as nails :)

Back
Top Bottom