What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

RetroHeed

Registered
Alias
Scott
Wallpaper.png

Welcome to Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear
Annihilation Pinball Club

Here is the place to discuss everything Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball.

History

Scott Danesi started Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball as a project in November of 2015. His goal was to create a semi-simple, early 80’s Bally influenced custom machine. This pinball machine would have upgraded electronics, displays, lights, and software with an 80’s retro-futuristic feel. In 2016 the machine design got picked up by Spooky Pinball LLC. to be produced as an actual production machine. Production began in September of 2017. The Pinball Machine was designed by Scott Danes and released by Spooky Pinball in September 2017, with 550 machines produced.

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 21.57.17.png

Spooky Pinball also produced a limited production run of TNA CE (collectors editions) in 2022, these were limited to 250 Machines, with the CE units also including several upgrades.

CE.png

TNA Owners Club

TNA Original 2017 Owners

Ads Nems
C&C
Jazzbouche
Matt Vince - Pinball Republic, Tyke
Mfresh Bulla #103

Neil Mcrae

TNA CE 2022 Owners

Colywobbles #205
Fubar #146
Jmac #207
Jonathan Andy Hancock #190
Kenny Taylor #105
RetroHeed #189
SeikoKid #206
Stumblor
VeeMonroe

**If you are lucky enough to own a Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Machine , and you are happy to share your username and machine # let us know, this section will be updated with all UK TNA owners**

Accessories, Parts & Mods

Pinball Life

https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation.html

Mezel Mods
https://mezelmods.com/collections/total-nuclear-annihilation-pinball

Hooked on Pinball
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c26/Spooky-Pinball-Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-Pinball-Mods#/

Marco Specialties
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/GX3177

Super Skill Shot Shooters

https://superskillshot.com

Pinball Mods Co

https://pinballmods.co/uv-apron-lighting-blacklight?search=uv apron

Titan Pinball (Rubber Ring Kit)
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/661

image.jpeg

Useful Links

Spooky Pinball - Manufacturer
https://www.spookypinball.com

Scott Danesi Official Website Site (link to software codes)

Pinside Forum
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome

TNA Soundtrack

Last edited:
I have the original and the best 😂🤣
Excellent, I think I actually prefer the stainless trim look compared to the CE model actually.

I hope you have a digital vernier, as I think this thread will be more a support thread where TNA owners can offer each other technical support on tips and tweaks.

Looks an awesome brutal game, I have seen some of your gameplay videos.

1:15:49 😂

Seems an appropriate place to add my review from a few years ago (2018). Apologies for the length of it (that's what he said).

Here's a quick update on my TNA experience so far. I've had it about 2 months now, 227 games played, average ball time 0.54, average game time 2.48, 4 Reactors is my best so far.

I remember when this was first announced and dismissed it straight away - no ramps, no bash toys, nothing for me here and I was puzzled why others were talking about going through the hassle of importing one.

I always kept my eye on it and slowly started warming to it, watched all the videos and read all the reviews and then finally committed to buying one. I've owned fully featured games before like WOZ and Metallica to name a couple, and it hasn't stopped me from slowly tiring of those so I realised that ramps and bash toys weren't the key to an enjoyable game.

Most of my Pins have been bought without me ever playing them first and the same applies here. I think you can get enough of a feel for a Pin by watching videos and reading plenty of reviews to know whether you will like it or not.

I had a small issue with the ball save LED segment not working fully but Spooky have been very easy to deal with, initially sending me a control board and then when that wasn't the issue a replacement LED segment. They also sent me 2 sets of sling plastics when only one of them was less then perfect.

On to the gameplay, I'm enjoying it as much now as when I first got it. You could say that once you've taken a reactor down you have more or less seen most of what the game has to offer, which is kind of true, but it is the easy to understand rules and gradual increase in difficulty and pressure that make you instantly start another game.

I was one shot away from 5 reactors, all I had to do was hit the pop bumper, one of the easiest shots in the game and one you can hit even if you are not aiming for as the ball will generally ricochet on to it regularly, but the pressure got to me and I couldn't hit it for the life of me. I'm determined to get 5, and when I get 5 I'll be determined to get 6.

My favourite shot is letting the ball come down the left orbit to hit the left flipper, bounce onto the right flipper then 'half volley' it into the ball lock. You can also do this to send it up the right orbit.

The hardest shot for me is the 'D' target in RAD. It's a little easier now I've adjusted the sensitivity of it.

This is the only real Pin I own and that isn't a problem for me, but I do also have my V-Pin if I fancy a change, but to be honest all I have been playing is TNA. It's easy to get a few games in if you are pushed for time, although the temptation for one more game is huge.

Only time will tell if it loses its lustre, but I'm glad I took a chance on it and have zero regrets in buying it.

I've also got a CE coming - believe there are 4 or 5 coming to the UK. Was a bit of a pain importing them due to spooky not wanting to work with their distributor, which ended up backfiring and now we're being charged as much for sea freight as the original air freight quote 🙄

Having followed the pinside owners thread since the first CE shipped, I'll be curious to see how many work out of the box!

More has already been said in this thread btw: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/tna-2-i-hope-so.53190/

Seems an appropriate place to add my review from a few years ago (2018). Apologies for the length of it (that's what he said).

Here's a quick update on my TNA experience so far. I've had it about 2 months now, 227 games played, average ball time 0.54, average game time 2.48, 4 Reactors is my best so far.

I remember when this was first announced and dismissed it straight away - no ramps, no bash toys, nothing for me here and I was puzzled why others were talking about going through the hassle of importing one.

I always kept my eye on it and slowly started warming to it, watched all the videos and read all the reviews and then finally committed to buying one. I've owned fully featured games before like WOZ and Metallica to name a couple, and it hasn't stopped me from slowly tiring of those so I realised that ramps and bash toys weren't the key to an enjoyable game.

Most of my Pins have been bought without me ever playing them first and the same applies here. I think you can get enough of a feel for a Pin by watching videos and reading plenty of reviews to know whether you will like it or not.

I had a small issue with the ball save LED segment not working fully but Spooky have been very easy to deal with, initially sending me a control board and then when that wasn't the issue a replacement LED segment. They also sent me 2 sets of sling plastics when only one of them was less then perfect.

On to the gameplay, I'm enjoying it as much now as when I first got it. You could say that once you've taken a reactor down you have more or less seen most of what the game has to offer, which is kind of true, but it is the easy to understand rules and gradual increase in difficulty and pressure that make you instantly start another game.

I was one shot away from 5 reactors, all I had to do was hit the pop bumper, one of the easiest shots in the game and one you can hit even if you are not aiming for as the ball will generally ricochet on to it regularly, but the pressure got to me and I couldn't hit it for the life of me. I'm determined to get 5, and when I get 5 I'll be determined to get 6.

My favourite shot is letting the ball come down the left orbit to hit the left flipper, bounce onto the right flipper then 'half volley' it into the ball lock. You can also do this to send it up the right orbit.

The hardest shot for me is the 'D' target in RAD. It's a little easier now I've adjusted the sensitivity of it.

This is the only real Pin I own and that isn't a problem for me, but I do also have my V-Pin if I fancy a change, but to be honest all I have been playing is TNA. It's easy to get a few games in if you are pushed for time, although the temptation for one more game is huge.

Only time will tell if it loses its lustre, but I'm glad I took a chance on it and have zero regrets in buying it.
What a great review, thanks for posting this.

Your average ball time was just under 3mins, seems absolutely perfect for a quick game and right up my street with a game that makes you want to hit the start button again and again.

I am fan of video game shooters, or shmups as the now also call them. The very short older games being my favourites. Playing a game that only lasts a few minutes is addictive as hell. If you are a fan of shooters try Hudson Soft's PC Engine shooters Final Soldier, Super Star Soldier and Soldier Blade and play the Caravan mode. The challenge is to get the best possible score in the 2min or 5min modes and it's super addictive, you put it on for a 2min game and the hours just fly by, especially having a completion with others. I am still trying to catch my mates best score and we have been battling it out for over 2 years.

TNA I think for me will be the exact same, super fast, super difficult but combine that with an amazing retro feel and amazing audio and lighting, it screams perfection to me, can't wait until TNA arrives :)

I guess the question is now, do you still have your TNA ? Or if you have moved it on do you have any regrets and miss it ?

No. 105. Let’s hope it wasn’t built in numerical order and more when the pin is being shipped. Although manufacturing did finish in January.

I’m expecting a few issues but hopefully the backglass saga will have been ironed out.

Think the black flick paint will look better in person. Photos won’t show it off!

I've also got a CE coming - believe there are 4 or 5 coming to the UK. Was a bit of a pain importing them due to spooky not wanting to work with their distributor, which ended up backfiring and now we're being charged as much for sea freight as the original air freight quote 🙄

Having followed the pinside owners thread since the first CE shipped, I'll be curious to see how many work out of the box!

More has already been said in this thread btw: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/tna-2-i-hope-so.53190/
Excellent mate. I remember you messaging me about the group buy, but at the time I wasn't so flush. Also ordering direct from Spooky kinda scared me a little, but when Phil at PH posted he said he has one coming I was IN !

I am also concerned somewhat with the quality and issues that have been posted on the Pinside thread. Fingers crossed most of them have been sorted or just some tweaks required out the box. I hope this thread will also us all to share and help each other out with everything, as well as getting some support from the people that also have the original machine.

No. 105. Let’s hope it wasn’t built in numerical order and more when the pin is being shipped. Although manufacturing did finish in January.

I’m expecting a few issues but hopefully the backglass saga will have been ironed out.

Think the black flick paint will look better in person. Photos won’t show it off!
As we were saying before Kenny hopefully the issues have been ironed out, bloody hope so tbh.

This morning I have also been trying to work out what best parts would be needed just to have as spares.

I guess the question is now, do you still have your TNA ? Or if you have moved it on do you have any regrets and miss it ?
I moved it on as I have limited space. It's probably one of the only games I'd have back as although gameplay seems repetitive, I didn't find it repetitive like I have done playing the same modes over and over on other Pins.

As we were saying before Kenny hopefully the issues have been ironed out, bloody hope so tbh.

This morning I have also been trying to work out what best parts would be needed just to have as spares.
Spooky support were very good with the small issues I had with TNA and Alice Cooper. I wasn't even the original buyer of Alice Cooper but they still sent out parts promptly and free of charge.

Last edited:
Spooky support were very good with the small issues I had with TNA and Alice Cooper. I wasn't even the original buyer of Alice Cooper but they still sent out parts promptly and fee of charge.
Excellent that is very to good hear, thanks. Hopefully they are still very supportive should we need it.

I’ve got an original ! Absolute classic of a game ! One machine I’d have to be getting out the hobby before I sold !

Attachments

• DEE74FAE-1306-499A-8118-CC26B5BB5419.jpeg
    DEE74FAE-1306-499A-8118-CC26B5BB5419.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 50
After playing Neils at Pinfest.. agree loved it.
This pin is supposed to be amazing playing multiplayer with friends
Awesome, I often have people round at ours so the Multiplayer is an also a big bonus for me on this Pin.

The TNA in PBR is the reason I ordered one. I found it about a year ago, shortly after I started playing pinball, among all the 1980s pins. I remember calling Jon (husband) over and getting really excited about it, and then Googling it straight away to see how I’d get one. I was devastated that it had a single run in 2016 and only 500 were ever made - I thought I’d never own one. I’m delighted they decided to do another run.

So not that TNA really appears to require any serious mods, but I do think a little hint of colour here and there may help.

Anyone know if any Pinball Parts dealers in the UK sell coloured Leg Bolts and Castor Feet similar to these below,

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/...s/screws-bolts/10524/leg-bolt-standard-purple

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.a...veler-rubber-castor-feet-set-of-4-purple.html

I doesn't appear that Cabinet Leg Protectors are needed for the legs on this pin (looks like they come with felt protectors), though some Nylon washersfor the leg bolts may be a good idea to add considering how cheap those are.

Also I noticed that the Original run has the yellow flipper buttons as standard, the CE run promotional flyer shows the CE with yellow flipper buttons also. However it looks like the actual built and shipped CE run actually come with purple flipper buttons. Thinking I prefer the yellow flipper buttons tbh.

Yellow Flipper Buttons Original.pngPurple Flipper Buttons CE.png

So the onto the Coin Doors. There is also a difference in these also comparing the Original to the CE below.

This is also something were we can maybe persuade @Colywobbles to create a nice looking plate for. Possibly also a shooter plate.

Coin Door Original.pngCoin Door CE.png

Probably the only considered mod to the playfield would be to upgrade and mod the Pop Bumper Cap. From what I can see this appears to be the best Pop Bumper mod I have found so far,

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p204/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-Reactor-Pop-Bumper-Mod.html#/

However we have @stumblor in for a TNA, so I think he can work his Pop Bumper magic on this 😃

NOTE TO EVERYONE EXPECTING A TNA CE...

Phil thinks the TNAs will arrive first week of April and he says that, once he gets them, he'll ship them as soon as people confirm a domestic shipping option with him.

It's up to each person individually to email him to request an option.

Options I mentioned included Martin -vs- Hadfields. He thinks there's about £25 difference between them, and Martin will be more amenable to getting things into the house.

There's also an option to drive up to collect from Phil direct, as I know of someone who did that with a NIB pin.

Just passing on this information to prevent Phil getting lots of calls wanting information. I don't have the emails of everyone waiting for a TNA.

I have an original.

Bought it via this forum 3 years ago (it was my first pin), and still have no intention of selling it.
I've put over 5500 plays on it (2500 before the last code update, which reset the stats)
I've reached the 9th reactor 7 times and actually completed it twice.
Even getting through all 9 reactors, you're only looking at around a 20 minute game (see bottom photo).

Great pin, has that "just one more game" appeal, the music and sound is brilliant, and it's a superb game to practise skills on - especially live catches coming down from the orbits, and nailing drop catches on the right flipper from the vicious scoop eject never gets old.

TNA_stats1.jpg

TNA_stats2.jpg

TNA_stats3_reactors.jpg

TNA_GC.jpg

TNA_speed_run.jpg

NOTE TO EVERYONE EXPECTING A TNA CE...

Phil thinks the TNAs will arrive first week of April and he says that, once he gets them, he'll ship them as soon as people confirm a domestic shipping option with him.

It's up to each person individually to email him to request an option.

Options I mentioned included Martin -vs- Hadfields. He thinks there's about £25 difference between them, and Martin will be more amenable to getting things into the house.

There's also an option to drive up to collect from Phil direct, as I know of someone who did that with a NIB pin.

Just passing on this information to prevent Phil getting lots of calls wanting information. I don't have the emails of everyone waiting for a TNA.
Ah this has reminded me I need to contact Phil actually. Thanks Vee for sharing all the information from Phil, on the expected delivery etc. I'll have to sort something out also. The first week of April delivery will work for me I think, any later may actually be a pain for me tbh.

Back
Top Bottom