What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky - Rick and Morty Pinball

No idea.

Sold out. I tried to get more stock but until I get confirmation on that or if someone doesn't cough up deposit.. these are ALL GONE.

10 sold.

Sold out direct from Spooky. Sorry was slow on the reply. I imagine @philpalmer will be getting hammered now on those non deposit payers.

@Neil McRae given earlier comments on the theme are you shocked? I imagine Stern do the same on LE’s instantly?

What’s spookys move here, as I imagine they could release 750 more and they’d sell too just as fast.

Stern rarely sell out LE's most you can still get via distributors in the US or EU. IMDN being the only exception recently, maybe Deadpool also. For such a limited run you wouldn't expect anything but a sell out given Stern probably shift 1000s of pros on pin announcement.

Whats going to be painful is the wait, suspect we will be lucky to see these games before May. But that's fine I got time to decide what I move on!

Surely you aren’t in on one @Neil McRae - are saying you would NEVER have another Spooky...

forever is a long time in pinball...

:p

p.s please invite me over for arrival or soon after stream.

I think I said I was out because they hadn't tackled my TNA issues to my satisfaction and hadn't been clear about the cause in the first place. They have since tackled both of those issues.

Neil.

Not surprised these went so quickly - glad I put an order in for a BS edition with @philpalmer in a bit of a panic move!

What’s spookys move here, as I imagine they could release 750 more and they’d sell too just as fast.

Spooky have said that they won't do anymore - I think I remember one of them saying that they'd design and sell a brand new R&M pin before they increase the numbers on this one. Their justification is that they are a small company and can only put together around ten machines a week - 750 will take them around 1.5 years to do so they'll be kept busy for the foreseeable future. They don't want to bring on extra staff to build a hit and then be forced to let them go if the next machine doesn't sell as well which is a decent way to do business to be fair - and one of the reasons I'm glad to support them.

With a timescale of up to 2 years I'm sure a fair few will pass on their order as newer games are announced. All about the new shiny kid on the block with a lot of the pinball crowd innit! [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
yup, same thing happened with TNA. Sold out but plenty were always available.

Spooky were super responsive and super helpful with a couple of minor issues I had on my TNA, so for those that haven't owned a Spooky machine before, you are all in good hands with your Rick & Morty.

Aah the old faux scarcity trick. No gameplay only recent pics and all sold out. I don't need one that bad but if one comes available when I have the dollar and at least seen it play...

Aah the old faux scarcity trick. No gameplay only recent pics and all sold out. I don't need one that bad but if one comes available when I have the dollar and at least seen it play...

I don’t think it’s fair to call it a faux scarcity trick, they’re a small company with a limited manufacturing capacity. They’ve been upfront about the number that would be made and have said they won’t / can’t increase the run from the beginning - it’s not like they suddenly increased the number after they sold out. This isn’t a Stern x Supreme type of situation, or a Stern not announcing The Walking Dead premium until after the LE had sold out type of situation, or a Stern adding another 100 LEs of The Munsters after the original announcement type of situation etc.

Really great to see Spooky getting a decent license, smashing the launch and selling out

Secures their future and hopefully meaning they get more more decent themes

I'm still hoping they get that Godzilla license off Stern...

You’ll be waiting for a while for R&M dood so get that other game in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Then 2, then 3, it's a slippery slope as you never have room to take them back :rofl:

Haha I have two at a friends place already and with one of his own he’s now out of space too! One of them has been there for a couple of years at least...

you only ever need to lend one out, but be really vocal about it so the wife knows you have at least one machine elsewhere.

Then when you get a new machine, it can be explained as one you've had for ages, its just coming back from Bert's House...

Doesn't solve the space issue, but gets round the complaints from the wife at least... :rofl:

with the fear of going off subject.
How does flip out work ?
Does the owner pay for upkeep of the games or is there a sinking fund?
say a DMD goes or a pcb needs repair etc?

Back
Top Bottom