What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Teasing Alien on Twitter

^^^ The British actors gave it some credibility, but your right......disappointing. I’ll still watch it but def not as good as the other two.

That's awesome! The effect was terribly done(!) but that's a great claim to fame. Has Alien 3 grown on anyone over the years? I think I had a phase of liking it at one point but have returned to my previous position of thinking it's a massive piece of ****. Even Charles Dance can't save it.

That's the one in the prison right? I think it's the worst.

I quite liked the one with the big white gormless cross-breed alien who thought Ripley was his auntie

That's the one in the prison right? I think it's the worst.

I quite liked the one with the big white gormless cross-breed alien who thought Ripley was his auntie

That's 4 isn't it. It's so bad it's.... Nah it's just bad! It's got that ridiculous 90's over the top with grossness vibe. It does have (slightly dodgy CGI) swimming Aliens though which I always liked. Also, Winona as an Android... She's definitely no Bishop!

That's 4 isn't it. It's so bad it's.... Nah it's just bad! It's got that ridiculous 90's over the top with grossness vibe. It does have (slightly dodgy CGI) swimming Aliens though which I always liked. Also, Winona as an Android... She's definitely no Bishop!

It has Ron Pearlman in it though and I've always had a massive respect for people called Ron.

It has Ron Pearlman in it though and I've always had a massive respect for people called Ron.
Favourite Ron? I always liked Big Ron Atkinson, racist outbursts aside. Might be wandering off topic here tbh

When I was in the Marines back in the day....
A bunch of my mates were stationed at HQ Northwood - underground strategic command bunker (big red nuclear launch button) - we used to guard it.
It was a lazy job, loads of time off so the guys used to get jobs doing extras in movies.
Some of them are in the opening scenes of Goldeneye - Russian soldiers running out the hanger and in this shot attached.
My room mate Frank did the stunt for Ripley falling into the furnace. It’s his body with Ripleys face superimposed 😃View attachment 128419
View attachment 128420
Nice very cool

Just watched aliens today! Never gets old!

skip 3 and watch 4 just for Winona 🤩

Because the pinball brothers are cheap con men.
Possibly... their argument on the podcast was that any major changes to the artwork would mean the whole thing would need to be approved by Fox/Disney all over again and it was too risky. That’s why they went for that cab and backbox art. A plausible explanation albeit a little weak.

@Sven Normansson - good point on PROC, at least you can keep it going after they have gone.... well if you get the game.

Still think one of us needs to buy a full throttle and finish it.
p-roc... hmmmm... don’t forget by using them you are relying on a 3rd party that could do anything and they aren’t gonna be fixable either in the future

if I was spooky or american pinball or dutch pinball i’d develop my own stuff. At least then you are in control of it. Notice JJP didnt use proc, they made their own, as did stern. the more companies involved the more complicated things get and the more egos are involved.... anyway, just my 2p

Last edited:
What’s makes p-roc better than proprietary boards? Apart from at this present moment in time there are significantly more p-roc spares they are still aren’t open sourced and could just as well go bust as PinballBros.

What’s makes p-roc better than proprietary boards? Apart from at this present moment in time there are significantly more p-roc spares they are still aren’t open sourced and could just as well go bust as PinballBros.
That’s my point , nothing, in my view it’s worse using them as the io board provider isn’t anything to do with the pinball company so gives even less ****s whether your game continues to work in years to come . And as for support well yeah good luck with that ..

p-roc... hmmmm... don’t forget by using them you are relying on a 3rd party that could do anything and they aren’t gonna be fixable either in the future

if I was spooky or american pinball or dutch pinball i’d develop my own stuff. At least then you are in control of it. Notice JJP didnt use proc, they made their own, as did stern. the more companies involved the more complicated things get and the more egos are involved.... anyway, just my 2p
Well - Heighway developed boards and they are unfixable by the bloke who designed them.

If this fails - PB will be gone in months after producing some games (if they do)

Believe you and I - I NORMALLY HATE PROC on a commercial machine, to me it is a cop out. But I would say the makes of PROC will be around longer than PB. I think spooky/american pinball should by now be using their own boardsets. I do totally agree on that. However, Proc will give these more of a chance of actually getting made.

You have to assume that for $7777 a game they wouldnt be putting in a lot of funds on a new board set.

They may even be using the same boardset as Heighway.

This is really an unknown discussion - they may have a full boardset that is the best thing ever.

Well - Heighway developed boards and they are unfixable by the bloke who designed them.
Well that makes no sense, but I guess there’s more to know on another long saga..

whatever, a look under the hood would certainly be interesting and something they should show if there’s concerns about earlier tech . Control boards aren’t that hard to make..

Possibly... their argument on the podcast was that any major changes to the artwork would mean the whole thing would need to be approved by Fox/Disney all over again and it was too risky. That’s why they went for that cab and backbox art. A plausible explanation albeit a little weak.
Donald Trump tweeting it would make it more plausible!

I wonder if the serial numbers LV-426 and LV-223 will cost more?

LV-426 is the planet (technically a moon) in the first and second Alien movie. LV-223 is the one in Prometheus.

Pinball Brothers have repeatedly referred to the Limited version model as “LV” not “LE” so I’m sure they have plans for those serial numbers.

They must know that they’d be (especially 426) highly sought after.

So you are talking of serial numbers hitting more than 200?

HP did not make 200 Aliens last time.

It took how many years for HP to produce approx 250 - 300 games (including full throttle). It cost a hell of a lot of money to get to that point and quite a few years.

Remember HP and PB have an awful track record.

Did any games actually get delivered AFTER PB took over? I can not remember.

So - PB need to start the serial numbers at 200 :)

I hope this initiative crashes and burns fast. PB have bought out Andy, closed the company and shafted all the customers. Now they want to cash-in on the assets that were legally stolen from those customers, in the same pinball community. Have they no scruples? IMHO, a 50% sweetener isn't enough, they should put a programme in place like Dutch Pinball to make those customers whole, or pass. Shocking form.

Back
Top Bottom