What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Teasing Alien on Twitter

Karl streamed this last night - have to say the “remake” looks like it’s been done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pinball toys do not work 100% of the time, even the pitch of the table cab affect the way this works.

Not sticking up for them by the way. I do think this looks well made. Every machine made has issues.

Support is really good though and needs to be from the reports so far. Maybe they have saved the LE version for once all the beta testers have helped them😂

Pinball toys do not work 100% of the time, even the pitch of the table cab affect the way this works.

Not sticking up for them by the way. I do think this looks well made. Every machine made has issues.
Well of course, that goes without saying. Nobody is asking for 100% - just above a certain level. From all accounts I ever read and from various people involved, the xeno head was not as reliable as it should have been, in the category of 'broken' rather than 'fumbled the ball' which is almost half of the fun sometimes with pinball.

Time will tell if Pinball Bros did anything to improve on that, or they've shipped out of the door the last state of what they got from Heighway - let's be honest, many of us are cynically wondering how much beyond 'bare minimum' was done by them to get the games out of the door.

Support is really good though and needs to be from the reports so far. Maybe they have saved the LE version for once all the beta testers have helped them😂
I'd have said that support needs to be excellent purely on the basis that the game is one that has already had the shirt off of several people already, in addition to the company being a new unknown. But it definitely goes double if there are teething problems with the games themselves, too.

It's a market that goes ape**** over clearcoat issues on playfield, after all.

Time will tell if Pinball Bros did anything to improve on that, or they've shipped out of the door the last state of what they got from Heighway - let's be honest, many of us are cynically wondering how much beyond 'bare minimum' was done by them to get the games out of the door.

I'm a little disappointed to see the glitches, bugs, faults etc. with the machine in the most recent stream. However, I believe Pinball Brothers have done more than the bare minimum. New mechs and features, lighting, playfield, improved components, simplified design, electronics redesigned, code updated etc.

I feel they're making an effort but are finding out the hard way that manufacturing a pin is complicated! I'm going to give them the time to iron out the issues - and I think they will - but I did expect them to find and resolve more of the problems before shipping the initial few tables.

The boardset is a new design - 100% sure of that.

But if you are worried about problems with a new pinball (or a new pinball company) then do not buy a new pinball......

Everyone has problems.

Look at Spooky 'you have to bend that and bend that'

Stern 'fix it in later code', or 'dont mind those dimples', or 'put a big washer over that paint chip round the post'.

The best pins for lack of issues is Chicago gaming remakes. I know its tried and tested but the boardset is not WPC95.

I'm a little disappointed to see the glitches, bugs, faults etc. with the machine in the most recent stream. However, I believe Pinball Brothers have done more than the bare minimum. New mechs and features, lighting, playfield, improved components, simplified design, electronics redesigned, code updated etc.

I feel they're making an effort but are finding out the hard way that manufacturing a pin is complicated! I'm going to give them the time to iron out the issues - and I think they will - but I did expect them to find and resolve more of the problems before shipping the initial few tables.
just think of the suckers buying deeproot!

Atmospheric 👍
Love the way they have the computer do the background callouts - very Tron- ish
Pop bumpers are amazing looking

Yes probably at 21:00. We have had an issue where one of the cameras is flat dead and trying to get some charting into it, as USB not powering quick enough

So I wanted to update on Alien having had it for what, 3 weeks now. The caveat to this is look, we are distributing it, so take it with a pinch of salt if you so wish. I am writing this as a pinhead, not a distributor, but take my views with a pinch of salt if you'd like. I can say I have been 100% honest.

So when I got the game, I was incredibly impressed with the build quality. Genuinely, this thing looks and feels solid, there were a few issues off the bat. Happy to go through them here.

- The main one was the left lower ramp wasn't working, it turns out at the factory they had wired the optos up incorrectly. Switched this over and it made a big difference.
- Coin door mech was wired up incorrectly.
- Left flippers (both) too close to bushing through playfield, adjusted, fine ever since.

The above three combined were causing major issues with the gameplay, which led to some frustration and the game losing the hypersleep locks. Now sorted, the code isn't A1, but it is a great, fun playable game. Areas needing to be sorted.

- The lock tongue for the multiball, the tongue is loud, newer games have a different motor on them. So that's on its way to me to fit.
- The game code is stable, but it could be improved. Just two main areas for me.
- It can lose the ball in the lock shot for the mode, but since sorting the opto, hasn't happened, perhaps that is a two player issue?
- In two player, it can lose the hypersleep lock count. Still that hasn't happpened since changing the opto but is a known issue.

There is an issue with it saying it's lost cabinet I/O board on bootup, that's sorted in next build I am assured.

What can't be sorted.

- The lockbar hinges are a bad design. I don't like it. It's serviceable but I hope they update that.

Cato has called me on whatsapp and gone through some bits and pieces with me. Their service is really great, but again, as we are distributing that may be a reason why.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, happy to share. Might run a stream tonight :)

new code has a special adjustments menu that allows you to modify the game state during play (eg, change current player, current ball number, etc). handy for tournaments.

Hi all,

Just to let you know we have limited stock of a run coming in in 4 - 6 weeks time. It is £1k down, fully refundable, then final payments on shipments, once the game is ready for dispatch.

DM me if interested.

All the best,
James

I'm going to make the decision once I play the game at Pinfest.
Looking forward to it.

To me this is easily a top tier theme. Hard to beat. Super interested to hear how the new version is. What's the RRP?

Back
Top Bottom