What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Teasing Alien on Twitter

What were the extra features that the LE had in the original run? Apart from pure cosmetic stuff like powder coated metal etc. In the interview the “Pinball Brothers” made it clear that any LE would be the same game... I.e no major changes to the play field that affects the ball. That would imply that there is still no play field screen (otherwise somewhere new would be needed to be found for the ammunition and weapons information). Would it simply be a case of larger backbox screen and additional lighting, anti glare glass etc. Gonna be tough to justify the extra £2222 (plus any additional tax) if that’s it.

Last edited:
In that case what Andrew really needed was an angel investor to clear those debts to allow a clear route for Alien to succeed. From what limited history I know of Heighway it appeared to me that Alien was simply too late to the party and money ran out leading to robbing Peter to pay Paul and unpaid creditors. “Pinball Brothers” were late investors to Heighway right? But maybe it either genuinely just wasn’t enough cash to save or they purposely let HP fail in order to asset strip and start over. I doubt we’ll ever know.

From what I’m seeing on Pinside (which despite being a wretched hive of villainy and scum is sometimes a useful barometer for interest in a theme) there are a LOT of pre orders with a single US distributor alone. Alien could have been a British success story... but it was not to be.

Please! what Andrew needed was someone who knew how to run a business, knew how to manage cash flow, knew how to pay his suppliers, knew how to look after his staff, knew what to promise and what to not. Basically what Andrew needed was for him not to be involved. His board let him trade insolvently and the lot of them should be banned from being directors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apparently an LE to be released later in the (new) year.
Not a bad decision get some lower models out there first and see how they do
So maybe the le will have a bigger screen playfield screen and the beacon s and maybe some sort of side blade illumination as I always found the game dark
I think you would be better showing all models before you commit to manufacture so that your buyers can make up there mind but maybe that’s to come in the next few weeks

Apparently Standard edition preorderers have been told by Cointaker they can trade up to LE when it’s announced. Not sure how that works.

In terms of value for money, I don’t know how anyone can point to Stern Pros as a gold standard. Rippling clear, art coming off the playfield, poor quality art printing, consistently lowering part quality (single target banks instead of drops, etc). And let’s not forget packing in things like a UV playfields or topper based game modes you have to pay extra for to use, even on LE. People give Stern a lot of slack for some reason, presumably because they’re churning stuff out consistently.

There’s just as much “oh my God take my money” going on with Stern announcements, even on here, as there has been with this.

It’s also been a weird year - I think people just want something to be excited about. An Alien remake in 2020 is either great news for pinheads, or the perfect time for PB to scam people, depending on your outlook.

Please! what Andrew needed was someone who knew how to run a business, knew how to manage cash flow, knew how to pay his suppliers, knew how to look after his staff, knew what to promise and what to not. Basically what Andrew needed was for him not to be involved. His board let him trade insolvently and the lot of them should be banned from being directors.

Anyone who ever bought a game off him, or had one of his 'i need to meet you on the m6 at 5am' deals could have explained why heighway running a pinball company wasn't going to end well. And this is not me rubbishing him, i liked him as a person, but deals were always complex and stressful when he was involved.

^^^ Yep, i know, so they should have put Aliens on the side
Alien on the trans with the correct I

Or
Just maybe done some better pics of the Alien on the sides and left the Alien txt out.

^^^ Yep, i know, so they should have put Aliens on the side
Alien on the trans with the correct I

Or
Just maybe done some better pics of the Alien on the sides and left the Alien txt out.
I guess this came about in part because neither the artists, the board at Heighway/Pinball Brothers and also those at Fox (Disney) aren’t really fanboys about the source material. I’m sure a bunch of assets were provided with a list of what you can/can’t use (I.e no Ellen Ripley) and they were used a bit interchangeably.

I think this is around 2016. I was invited to a Halloween party with about 2 hours notice and this was the best I could come up with. I know the flight suit colour isn’t right but there isn’t many places you can get one from when you need one ASAP haha.

Attachments

• BDED2FEB-1AD6-47C4-A97A-1809BDBB8551.jpeg
    BDED2FEB-1AD6-47C4-A97A-1809BDBB8551.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 34
I would be tempted for one of these. Remaking a game is a lot easier then making one from scratch

need to see games being delivered first though
I'd also be tempted, after owning a original and after selling said machine it's been missed.
Alien just ticks all the boxes for me.
Like Jim has said machine would need to checked to see what changes to cheap build quality have been improved but I am interested.

Still don't quite understand why we couldn't have had some gruesome cab artwork like this

alien-queen-wall-art-013.jpg

alien-queen-wall-art-017.jpg

rather than a 'no thought logo' in 500pt font plastered down the side of it which isn't from the first or second film?...

My favourite cab art packages are when they don't even have the title of the game on them, so you have to know what it is to understand it. ie ghostbusters pro, bksor premium etc

Prime for a custom art decal job though :)

Time to get the dvd box set out for a film day! Alien and aliens are both great. The others not so much!
Yes they are Jim, I have a special place in my heart for Aliens, as 2 days ago we lost the legend that is Peter Lamont, Production Designer and Art director, and Oscar winner for Titanic. Here is a pic of me with Peter on the right, and Paul Weston on the left, Paul was armourer on Aliens, but better known for his stunt work on Bond. He had to teach Sigourney how to handle the rifle on Aliens, and those scenes were filmed at an old power station down in London on the coldest day of the year. These guys have so many stories, and Peter was a legend in his field, a really nice guy to work with at the cons, I will be lifting a glass an watching his work on Aliens tonight, he will be very much missed.peter and paul weston with me.jpg

When I was in the Marines back in the day....
A bunch of my mates were stationed at HQ Northwood - underground strategic command bunker (big red nuclear launch button) - we used to guard it.
It was a lazy job, loads of time off so the guys used to get jobs doing extras in movies.
Some of them are in the opening scenes of Goldeneye - Russian soldiers running out the hanger and in this shot attached.
My room mate Frank did the stunt for Ripley falling into the furnace. It’s his body with Ripleys face superimposed 😃4D67C632-243C-4115-A11C-C4FD4BEDE744.jpeg
861CDC34-EA94-43FE-847B-DBBFF5C8522C.jpeg

Still don't quite understand why we couldn't have had some gruesome cab artwork like this

View attachment 128415

View attachment 128417

rather than a 'no thought logo' in 500pt font plastered down the side of it which isn't from the first or second film?...

My favourite cab art packages are when they don't even have the title of the game on them, so you have to know what it is to understand it. ie ghostbusters pro, bksor premium etc

Prime for a custom art decal job though :)

Because the pinball brothers are cheap con men.

A bunch of my mates were stationed at HQ Northwood - underground strategic command bunker (big red nuclear launch button) - we used to guard it.
It was a lazy job, loads of time off so the guys used to get jobs doing extras in movies.
Some of them are in the opening scenes of Goldeneye - Russian soldiers running out the hanger and in this shot attached.
My room mate Frank did the stunt for Ripley falling into the furnace. It’s his body with Ripleys face superimposed 😃View attachment 128419
View attachment 128420

Frank has nice t!ts

^^^ lol...... he was a small dude, which is why they used him. We used to call him uncle Frank, from Hellraiser.
He had a big d^ck though 😂

My room mate Frank did the stunt for Ripley falling into the furnace. It’s his body with Ripleys face superimposed 😃View attachment 128419
View attachment 128420

That's awesome! The effect was terribly done(!) but that's a great claim to fame. Has Alien 3 grown on anyone over the years? I think I had a phase of liking it at one point but have returned to my previous position of thinking it's a massive piece of ****. Even Charles Dance can't save it.

Back
Top Bottom