What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Teasing Alien on Twitter

Great news, I assume we now chase you to get the funds the brothers ripped off from some of us on here?
I’m afraid that’s not how it works but if you’d like to drop me a PM, or if you feel it’s better served in the public domain then feel free to vent. I don’t know your circumstances nor can I really control Pinball Brothers, but if there is a way to resolution we can facilitate, of course I’d explore it.

All involved with the running of Pinball bazaar are committed to delivering a great service, support and creating something that serves the community, and ultimately a business.

I didn't lose money on Alien, and I'm sorry for all of those that were burnt by the previous saga, but...

My feeling is that the Pinball Brothers are going to do a good job. They seem more professional and organised than Heighway. I think they can make a success of this. It's going to be challenging, no doubt, but they're making sensible decisions. Keep it simple - use existing known good parts, redesign others, do not rush and ensure the low volume of initial units are robust.

My feeling is that the Pinball Brothers are going to do a good job. They seem more professional and organised than Heighway
You're kidding. PB were the investors of Heighway and sat on the board. They have a track record. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I did make them 50 shakers and insisted on money up front. It will be interesting if these ship with Quake shaker motors (I bet they change the covers).

I didn't lose money on Alien, and I'm sorry for all of those that were burnt by the previous saga, but...

My feeling is that the Pinball Brothers are going to do a good job. They seem more professional and organised than Heighway. I think they can make a success of this. It's going to be challenging, no doubt, but they're making sensible decisions. Keep it simple - use existing known good parts, redesign others, do not rush and ensure the low volume of initial units are robust.
They're certainly organised thats for sure. They're basically trying to make money using assets they stripped from Heighway Pinball before dissolving it, a company they were majority shareholders in!

You're kidding. PB were the investors of Heighway and sat on the board. They have a track record. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I did make them 50 shakers and insisted on money up front. It will be interesting if these ship with Quake shaker motors (I bet they change the covers).

It's just my feeling based on what I've heard from them recently. I'm not saying I trust them entirely, they have to earn that, I just feel they deserve another chance. We'll have to see how it pans out. I'm sure they were misled and stitched up by Andrew and left in a rotten position.

I’m afraid that’s not how it works but if you’d like to drop me a PM, or if you feel it’s better served in the public domain then feel free to vent. I don’t know your circumstances nor can I really control Pinball Brothers, but if there is a way to resolution we can facilitate, of course I’d explore it.

All involved with the running of Pinball bazaar are committed to delivering a great service, support and creating something that serves the community, and ultimately a business.

You do understand that Andrew wasn't the best businessman, but he wasn't a crook. Yet these guys (allegedly) built games which had been PAID FOR by others, shipped the parts and machines and anything they could over to Sweden, folded the company and then sold what they could, basically (from reports) getting almost all their outlay back, whilst still hanging on to the Alien & Queen License (which according to Andrew should both have died with the company). What they have done is unethical at best, they owe a lot of pinball people money. Tread carefully as dealing with these people could cost you dearly in the long run.

I would encourage anyone who lost out to the tune of a full game to either seize a game as soon as it lands on these shores or serve notice legally

I'm saving it for another post. might as well be this one :D

James you are dead to me.

I honestly can't believe that anyone would touch these ****ing crooks with a ten foot barge pole. Especially when they have robbed the community and those working in it so aggressively bad.

Phoenixing companies is a pretty common (and legal) tactic. Not saying it isn’t ****ty for the creditors, but it’s not some other worldly business strategy.

Pinball is apparently super serious business and anyone who buys one is contractually obliged to make sure everyone in the community signs off on it.

Looks to me like heighway was badly run, never going to be able to fulfil the orders it took payments for and it ran out of cash pretty quickly. administrators inevitably called in who have to liquidate assets and get the best deal they can. often involves former investors and or directors buying assets out of the company. the funds then paid out to creditors in a well prescribed pecking order. hmrc top. customers bottom.

If anyone thinks there was any illegal business done (eg assets stolen) as heighway collapsed then that should have been reported to the administrators. There are good administrators and there are ****4 administrators. dunno in this case as not a creditor.

Now we have a phoenix arisen from the ashes. no obligations legally to heighway creditors, yet morally they have stepped up with an offer of 50% discount. is it guilt or a genuine olive branch????

I’ve had money invested in worse companies and lost lots due to administrations, some listed on the stock market. carillon, debenhams, some not, some even authorised and regulated by the fca and still stole my money through out and out fraud & fca now just covering their asses. crap like this happenes all the time.

What we should be concentrating on is who’s going to buy one and when can i have a go on it?

Must say I agree with @mufcmufc

Andrew released three machines, which is amazing considering how he did things:
  1. Bacardi (not a pin but the job helped pay for developement costs)
  2. Full Throttle
  3. Alien
But to close this for me - I bet nobody on here could build a pinball machine! Most would have more sense.

Anyway - all of this is discussed widely on the tinterweb.

I think out of good will - the PB should honour all the 50% off/voucher purchasers first.

I think I’ve entered the Twilight Zone where suddenly Andrew Heighway was a “good egg” or just misunderstood.

I couldn’t build a pinball machine, so I wouldn’t try, and string people along with false promises whilst trading insolvent.

PB complicity in Heighway’s downfall is, as far as I know, purely speculative. You could make a credible argument one way or the other.

Which part ?
The bit that matches the person describing his treatment towards a certain one of his employees, of whom who has posted his story on this forum in the past.

Is it the legal definition? Maybe not, because I don't think he's been charged with anything for it, and maybe he cannot. Morally? Fits down to the ground.

Same with trading insolvent.

Not following you, are you saying an ex employee basically said he was a crook ?
If so I think I know the ex employee you mean, can’t remember his name off hand but I think he went off to Australia or something?

i have very little knowledge of Andrew’s business dealings but I did think he was a decent bloke, he did some shady dealings but for the good of the company and keeping it going, misguided rather than vindictive or with malice I think.

he was a passionate guy that unfortuanelty seemed to believe his own hype and from all accounts wouldn’t listen to criticism even if constructive.

Not following you, are you saying an ex employee basically said he was a crook ?
If so I think I know the ex employee you mean, can’t remember his name off hand but I think he went off to Australia or something?

i have very little knowledge of Andrew’s business dealings but I did think he was a decent bloke, he did some shady dealings but for the good of the company and keeping it going, misguided rather than vindictive or with malice I think.

he was a passionate guy that unfortuanelty seemed to believe his own hype and from all accounts wouldn’t listen to criticism even if constructive.
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/new-heighway-owner.36701/page-19

None of that tallies up with misguided decent bloke in my eyes.

Sorry, I've dragged this off-topic a lot. Andrew Heighway is not part of the current dealings, even though there's a common link with the Pinball Brothers - I just haven't enjoyed reading the minimisation of Andrew's behaviours in the thread.

To be fair, I had forgotten about all that...

probably wiped it from my memory. It is only one side of the story but Dave may be a bit weird at times but never struck me as a liar so I’d probably believe him.

but as you say not really the place for this discussion...

I honestly can't believe that anyone would touch these ****ing crooks with a ten foot barge pole. Especially when they have robbed the community and those working in it so aggressively bad.

Wow, never thought I would see this day, but actually something I agree with Neil on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phoenixing companies is a pretty common (and legal) tactic. Not saying it isn’t ****ty for the creditors, but it’s not some other worldly business strategy.

Pinball is apparently super serious business and anyone who buys one is contractually obliged to make sure everyone in the community signs off on it.
sorry dood, extracting the assets from a company then bankrupting it to avoid paying creditors is fraud and will get you struck off at companies house.

Heighway is no better than the Pinball Brothers. He took money for the same games multiple times and the workers shockingly badly with gaslighting and other shockers.

Phoenix companies happen all the time. Naive to think otherwise..
I don't disagree but that doesn't mean you have to deal with them. Those crooks at Everest, life time warranty, oh thats too expensive, lets move all the assets into another company called Everest and bankrupt the one with the warranty contracts.. **** poor.

Back
Top Bottom