What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Teasing Alien on Twitter

It's only $7,777

Great! I'd be asking if they still had the licence.
In the interview they said they needed to buy the license themselves as they didn’t get it automatically when they acquired Heighway. They claim to have additional licences but at the moment they were focussed on Alien and not in a position to reveal more.

Afaik it’s a refundable deposit with the distributors with games due to ship in January/Feb time. This isn’t like the old preordering from Heighway (or Deeproot to consider a current manufacturer).

Lack of playfield screen is lame imo.

The motion tracker, Nostromo computer, turret screens, etc are iconic elements in the films, so it feels like a glaring omission to me.

That said $7777 buys you a hell of a lot more than you get for Stern Pro money, so there is that.

Given there seems to be so much demand for the game would Andy have succeeded if he had sub contracted production rather than trying to produce them himself? Purely based on theme the game appeals so much more to me than any of the superhero pins etc.

Given there seems to be so much demand for the game would Andy have succeeded if he had sub contracted production rather than trying to produce them himself? Purely based on theme the game appeals so much more to me than any of the superhero pins etc.
nope, he shot his bolt on full throttle when he didn't pay his suppliers and got a ccj. No credit was the end of being able to make Alien.

In that case what Andrew really needed was an angel investor to clear those debts to allow a clear route for Alien to succeed. From what limited history I know of Heighway it appeared to me that Alien was simply too late to the party and money ran out leading to robbing Peter to pay Paul and unpaid creditors. “Pinball Brothers” were late investors to Heighway right? But maybe it either genuinely just wasn’t enough cash to save or they purposely let HP fail in order to asset strip and start over. I doubt we’ll ever know.

From what I’m seeing on Pinside (which despite being a wretched hive of villainy and scum is sometimes a useful barometer for interest in a theme) there are a LOT of pre orders with a single US distributor alone. Alien could have been a British success story... but it was not to be.

Not sure how many orders they have over sees
I just can’t seem to get my head round the I have got to have it now attitude at any cost by pinhead s more so over in the state s they float a few pics around of it to go pay for it now is nuts
We need to see pics of the board sets and mechs the main parts that let this game down no the parts they have removed to make the game cheaper but the standard cab is a step in the right direction I would also like to see some pics of the manufacturing facilities as it’s a bold claim they will be shipping in January only 2 weeks away
Are they only now making one model as all the extra features that the le had are now removed
At $7777 I don’t think it’s cheep I have owned a few of these and the game wears thin after a while very limited but good movie footage on the screen I would take many stern pro games over this

Back
Top Bottom