What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP The Godfather

I hate to be negative but I think the shooting would get on my nerves a bit. I was getting sick of it towards the end of that small clip.

And the music came across as a bit WOZ

Sorry

I hate to be negative but I think the shooting would get on my nerves a bit. I was getting sick of it towards the end of that small clip.

And the music came across as a bit WOZ

Sorry
I was thinking the same why is the music reminiscent of WOZ and Wonka, it’s not the music I remember from the movies all light hearted.

Mmmmm - getting WoZ, TS, Wonka thrown into the tumble dryer.
The cab matches the movie, sinister feel then we go into like a cartoony fairy type sound mode
Jeezus --- hopefully its just a small portion that's like this.

Last edited:
I was just replying with the exact same thing. It's been a while since I watched them so need to watch them again at some point. I had the VHS box set.
Yeah with all this Godfather talk they deserve a rewatch

Very pretty to look at but nothing at all in that video has got me excited, strange mix of theme with Champion Pub type figure and call outs. A bit of a weird mix.

Told you the sound would be awful. The trailer had atmosphere. Why then make the actual gameplay sound like a Godfather Candy Crush game? Plus if there was ever a theme that should avoid rainbow cycling lightshows it's this. Luxury Pie* as usual from JJP.

*I'll be very impressed if anyone can identify that reference

Does sound very slot machine ish. Should be dark and menacing with some Italian tones. Jackpot call outs are annoying and very frequent. Shows what a hell of a lot of work has gone into Foos code.

Watched two or three videos and the game seems to shoot well but the rules look disappointing but also the sounds - feels like wonka and that isn’t a good thing!

Watched two or three videos and the game seems to shoot well but the rules look disappointing but also the sounds - feels like wonka and that isn’t a good thing!
Yeah, I agree about the sounds. The trailer was so different (but no gameplay sounds), it’s almost like false advertising.

I thought it would be dark and atmospheric.

Yeah not massively feelin it based on that.

That ramp return is awesome though.
The music feels like ‘Any last words.........But would you also like a Wonka Bar‘.

It just doesn’t go with the theme at all!

Why is it that whenever Eric designs a JJP game, his picture is plastered everywhere! The guy thinks a lot of himself!

The way he talks about it in that half hour video you'd think he did the whole thing on his own.

And anything he didn't do on his own he 'articulated' it to within an inch of its life

The main trailer for the game looked great but then I watched that little teaser gameplay video and it looks a different game. I would have thought this would have been a dark themed moody game, but instead it looks like its all rainbow lighting with some strange video game puzzle type music, and is that pink flippers I am seeing.

Having to watch these clips at 360p max due to a horrendous internet connection at work, so I might not be seeing things so clearly.

The way he talks about it in that half hour video you'd think he did the whole thing on his own.

And anything he didn't do on his own he 'articulated' it to within an inch of its life

I was amused at all the times he said 'this is the most advanced x he's ever designed'. Which is much less impressive when you consider he's only ever done it twice before 😂

Back
Top Bottom