What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP The Godfather

Phil turned down his demo GF because JJP said I could only have one if I flew one over, so thats £1k burnt. I said I have a container leaving Chicago next week so can I put it in there and move it for free? No they said... keep it I said....

they made you an offer you could refuse? :D LOL after what happened when I contacted them I can't say I'm surprised.

It's a drug dealer/drug addict relationship. They've got the goods and they know you want/need that sweet sweet fix and will keep going back to them no matter how badly they treat you 💉.

but that's the point, they don't have the goods. And the goods they have are often mixed with baking soda.

Sorry @Neil McRae I love my sterns too but without JJP they would be sitting on their laurels and have no serious competition. Long Live JJP lets hope they give Ritchie the same kinda BOM and he dont fk it up like Pat Lawler.
if you think that you don't know Gary and you definitely don't know Gomez.

Missed the launch as I was at the Apollo watching Mickey Flanagan's new show (Highly recommend and laughed for 2 hours solid) so catching up this morning.

Looks really great to me but like anything, all depends how it plays. Shots look great and variety of shots are amazing. Watch the featurette if you haven't already.

Just hope you don't spent more time in multi ball than single ball play like most of JJP games.

Would love to play this some day.

The game looks great to me, but... I've never actually seen any godfather movies! I have got the 4k blu rays on the way to give it a try. I'd be more than happy to drop a bunch of coins into this on location if anywhere gets one but doubt I'd ever want to buy one for the house.

If this turned out to actually be Harry Potter though... My wife would have forced me to buy then ha!

I watched the documentaries when I was young and they influenced me a lot. We watched them at uni, calling out the quotes a lot.
It is an old theme, not currently popular but it is a stone cold classic and they have captured that in the looks. The videos show interesting game modes and game play.
I look forward to seeing some gameplay.

Two things possibly :
1. Your a millennial
2. You recently moved to Earth from Neptune

😂
I'm neither and haven't seen them either - BUT I have just recorded it so I'll get to watch it in the next week to see what's going on.

Game looks great, can't wait to get to play it at some point.

I'm a Millennial, but I have read the book. I loved it so much that I was trying to write a sci-fi novel heavily inspired by it.

Sadly, I found the movies a bit slow.

Wow that’s sounds awesome.

I’ll need to give the book a go. I do like a good book!

The game looks great to me, but... I've never actually seen any godfather movies! I have got the 4k blu rays on the way to give it a try. I'd be more than happy to drop a bunch of coins into this on location if anywhere gets one but doubt I'd ever want to buy one for the house.

If this turned out to actually be Harry Potter though... My wife would have forced me to buy then ha!
My wife loves Harry Potter, but no way I'd have a HP machine at home (at least not in my current 1 pin at a time situation) - can't stand HP! Can see how it'd make a good pin for fans though, based on all of the source material available.

I'm a Millennial, but I have read the book. I loved it so much that I was trying to write a sci-fi novel heavily inspired by it.

Sadly, I found the movies a bit slow.
I read the book before seeing the films and it impacted on how much I enjoyed the films because the book was just incredible

Wow that’s sounds awesome.

It was a novel about a new Earth colony about 300 years in the future, following the Free Company of Castillo, which is a cross between a mafia clan, the East India Company and a mercenary organisation. Gathi Castillo, a former agronomist who founded the Free Company to protect scientific research stations from some genetically-modified humanoids called Zerda, has 17 children who he custom breeds with specific personality traits/skills to serve various roles in his company.

The book mostly follows Chia Jones, who is a half-Zerda xenoarchaeologist who explores alien ruins in the desert, and who is dating Gathi Castillo's son, Miles Castillo, who has basically fled the family due to disagreements with his father.

The plot of the book is that there's an attempted political assassination blamed on his tearaway sister, Troya Castillo, and Miles (plus girlfriend) get dragged back into involvement with the family.

So, effectively, it's a bit like The Godfather if Michael was a genetically-modified academic who explores alien ruins, Kay was a half-human-half-Fennec Fox, and Luca Brasi was a 19-year-old girl with an attitude problem... in space. Oh yeah, and if others of the Five Families included an organisation that worships AI. There's also a divorced corrupt cop who ends up sleeping with Troya.

I got about 25,000 words in, but simply didn't have the skills at the time to write anything even close to The Godfather. I'd like to have another go at writing the book someday.

I’ll need to give the book a go. I do like a good book!
As @Kelsbells says, the book is incredible - a true classic. It has a 50-page chapter one, which is a rolling wedding scene from multiple points-of-view, which sounds as boring as heck but totally isn't.

[The wedding scene in the film is, in contrast, rather boring...]

I'm neither and haven't seen them either - BUT I have just recorded it so I'll get to watch it in the next week to see what's going on.

Game looks great, can't wait to get to play it at some point.
Ahh.. missing out, 2 great movies 👍
In fact I even liked the 3rd too

The rumour that JJP have Avatar as a licence has been going around for what a year now?

Top Gun Maverick would be a killer licence and a great first pin for Ritchie if he can bring back his best flow from years gone by.

I think it looks great but why oh why didn't they put some artblades on it? The Manhattan skyline looks fantastic at the back.

I know it's an LE blah, blah, blah but it would really improve the look.

I put my deposit down on Foo Fighters pro today and I did momentarily consider this but it's a 4k difference and I'm having to sell pins as it is.

Back
Top Bottom