What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP The Godfather

Think that answer is no unfortunately.
JJP are sold out direct which was only for sales in continental US.
All others are alloccated / sold through at global Distros.
Several of those Distros overseas have availability.
Why not buy from an overseas distributor and ship it

I love the side rail lighting it’s absolutely amazing in gnr the live and let die is awesome can’t see why people moan about it any extra lighting is a bonus stern change extra for that as an accessory for rush and lz
I am favouring gf over ff at the min few things I am not sure about are all the shots seem a long way up the playfield and not too sure about all those diverters I like to know where the ball is coming back from
So I will wait and see on both ff and gf I am in no rush as I don’t really care about the Le or ce I would rather people test the waters first before I commit it’s not like you will struggle to buy one now as production is back in full swing
And also pulp fiction due too
Is production now recovering due to greater supply of electronic components?

After watching an hour or so of Karl's stream I'm disappointed again by how little audio from the films is used in the game. It seems about 10% of callouts are clips from the films and the rest is all corny, clichéd gangster voice acting which is made even more silly and amateurish when played between clips of some of the world's best actors like Brando and Pacino. This also annoyed me about Willy Wonka. That game should have had carte blanche on audio clips from Willy Wonka but it was very sparingly used and instead what you hear mostly is that annoying narrator. I can only assume that whatever licenses have been obtained by JJP, they are subject to paying per second of audio or some other financial reason that restricts them because I cannot believe they made the artistic decision to have so few audio and video clips in both of these games.

if only Franchi had done all the art. When you have a closer look it’s a total mess with various artists doing their own thing. JP did most of the hard work.
Only 2 artists involved, Franchi did the cabinet and back glasses, Jesper who did GnR CE back glasses did the GF playfield. Jean was the art and animations director if I’m correct on all the above.

GNR was the JJP that had a tonne of different artists was it like 5 or 6?

Only 2 artists involved, Franchi did the cabinet and back glasses, Jesper who did GnR CE back glasses did the GF playfield. Jean was the art and animations director if I’m correct on all the above.

GNR was the JJP that had a tonne of different artists was it like 5 or 6?
Screenshot_20230312-222122_kindlephoto-1321506526.png

No, that isn’t correct, Eric did the lot! He will also drive the forklift to load them and also Captain the container ship to the UK.

The way they keep talking about how ‘proud’ they are of the game it is just so conceited. Just let people play it make up their own mind.

Last edited:
I love Cary in person he is a great guy but I can't stand most of his videos.

Played it at EPC this weekend, not sure exactly what I did but I managed to GC with 322M (prob my best game of the weekend!!)

It is multiball madness!

Going to play very, very long which I know is a JJP thing sound was down so couldn’t hear it brilliantly it didn’t really grab me

Evidence? Beyond Kanedas 1 random picture....

oh chris has had a report also? I got this from a friend of mine in WI and one on location in PA. suspect there will be plenty of them at TPF to check out.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the score? Are these having the same playfield issues as G&R? The Toy Story I had here was really well made.. . . . I thought they'd sorted it out?

I had to get the old readers 🤓 out for that one…..
I was thinking that myself. Here's one I prepared earlier.

"Each pinball machine has unique characteristics that make it a one-of-a-kind American made product. Each will have variations in appearance resulting from differences
in the machine’s particular wood parts, individual printed art and mechanical assemblies. No playfield is perfectly flat and varies depending on the season. Game play will result in playfield dimpling as the harder steel ball contacts the wood and coating; over time multiple dimples will blend to make them less noticeable. Normal plastic insert crazing (tiny stress cracks) and ghosting (small cloudy areas around insert edges) are often seen in pinball machines, due to a combination of plastic mold stress, pushing of inserts into purposely undersized holes, and heating and breaking of inserts’ plastic “skin” when the playfield is sanded."

So what's the score? Are these having the same playfield issues as G&R? The Toy Story I had here was really well made.. . . . I thought they'd sorted it out?
too early to be sure but unfortunately the perp has form.

oh dear,

How’s godfather neil? Thought I’d ask 😂😂😂
I had a super quick game. flippers are 100% as good as stern - well done to Steve Ritchie for convincing JJP that needed to sort that he has probably made JJP games better than any other thing developed in JJP in the last 5 years. Lawlor should be shot for not fixing that sooner. They have completely upgraded the power board to have the right voltages (50V) and done a ton of work in software - they have a GNR with the updated flippers that is in test right now and a few folks who have played it here said it’s made a huge difference to the game - they have also binned the **** 20V slings and have slings that will actually kill you.

JJP likely to bring out an update kit for GNR I just hope they do one for DI. One thing though JJP really aren’t making many friends at the moment - lots of noise about the mess they are in with a real leadership vacuum was the talk of the bar last night.

of my quick game of godfather - If you could somehow do a Pepsi test of what this game is about you’d come to the final conclusion that whomever deigned this game hadn’t watched the Godfather movies at all.

There is a mode called shakedown that’s shows footage of the brother kicking the **** out of the brother in law, who in the movies is beating their the sister around, - it’s footage shown is totally unlinked to any sort of godfather story. It might even be worse than Star Wars in this respect.

the shots on the game feel good and the layout is very Godzilla like - the code is just ****ing terrible and way way way over complicated. The sound is abysmal and the light show totally inappropriate.

I don’t know godfather movies super well but what I do know of them (like the scene above) when playing it, it really doesn’t feel like you are in a godfather movie.

will get more time on the game today.

Back
Top Bottom