What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP The Godfather

Blimey; I was expecting it to be a turd but it looks awesome:)
Pretty cool that they got Slash to record for it (my fav ver. will always be the Use Your Illusion tour but still...)

Great time to be a pinball fan at the moment what with this and FFighters coming out👍🏻 (hopefully Bond comes good too with code) - will be interesting to see which pins come on the market if anyone decides to make space etc.
If I win the lottery I'll take a Godzillla Premium and a G'n'R CE please😉)

Looks fun to shoot but for me the licence hurts it. I have zero interest in the Godfather movies but don't mind the whole gangster theme in general.
If they had gone a little more cartoony in style on the playfield and cab, (a bit like the style of rear gunman sculpt), and called it Kingpin 2, then JJP could have saved a fortune on the licence fee. They could then possibly have sold at a more inclusive price point and probably would have had largely the same market. I know some people love the theme but I don't think that so many people who have purchased Godfather would bought it solely on the name alone and would have said no to a Kingpin 2 with the same layout/features. Am I wrong??

Looks fun to shoot but for me the licence hurts it. I have zero interest in the Godfather movies but don't mind the whole gangster theme in general.
If they had gone a little more cartoony in style on the playfield and cab, (a bit like the style of rear gunman sculpt), and called it Kingpin 2, then JJP could have saved a fortune on the licence fee. They could then possibly have sold at a more inclusive price point and probably would have had largely the same market. I know some people love the theme but I don't think that so many people who have purchased Godfather would bought it solely on the name alone and would have said no to a Kingpin 2 with the same layout/features. Am I wrong??
My thoughts exactly. I prefer some silliness.

20 percent straight to planetary for a kingpin 2 so insanely, the licencing would probably be about the same

I think it looks great- doubt I'll get to play one any time soon unless it comes to Tilt one day

Never played a Pirates or Toy Story so doubt I will get to see this in a very long time.

Unless Phil brings one to a show. Hopefully he’ll get a demo soon..
Phil turned down his demo GF because JJP said I could only have one if I flew one over, so thats £1k burnt. I said I have a container leaving Chicago next week so can I put it in there and move it for free? No they said... keep it I said....

Phil turned down his demo GF because JJP said I could only have one if I flew one over, so thats £1k burnt. I said I have a container leaving Chicago next week so can I put it in there and move it for free? No they said... keep it I said....

Why do they treat distributors and customers so badly………Makes no sense to me!

Initial thoughts are that they did really well visually and licence wise, I can't imagine it being much better. Am looking forward to seeing unedited gameplay and hearing the sound and how they integrate callouts, music and movie clips. The sound usually disappoints me most with JJP games. Dischordant?

I hope this is more fun to shoot than Eric's previous games. Very little "kinetic satisfaction" in those. Everything else he does is fantastically thoughtful but doesn't really translate into a fun pinball experience for me. Maybe if he worked with someone other than Keefer we could get something a bit lighter with shorter playing times. I'm sure there is a market for hour long games but as someone that will probably never have a JJP game in their house, the depth and complexity of Meunier/Johnson games is a really big barrier preventing the easier enjoyment I get from playing other new games.

OMG I was not expecting that! Looks super nice and I’m all for the bling as it matches the theme.

TBH I wasn’t really struck on the theme and was thinking WTF! However after seeing the featurette I was sold and would have been in on a CE. In fact I have still asked Phil in case anyone drops out or allocation goes up but its doubtful. So anyone in that wants out give me a shout.

I have had a few JJP games now with WOZ, TH, GnR, Wonka, and I have enjoyed them with Hobbit being my favourite. Wonka arrives this WE so ill see how that fairs In the long term.

I think Foo is a great game but at more or less the same price as a CE this shows where JJP shine and again no expense spared and instead of removing everything to get the BOM down to 2k as in FF they go over board and double sterns cost cutting exercise pin on pin.
My GnR CE was always the game everyone loved when they come to mine and no doubt about it the best looking pin ever made until now I reckon. GnR went for the obvious gameplay reasons but this actually looks more like a Hobbit with a story and longer gameplay which I loved.

Saying its GZ style layout because the pop is in the same place seems a bit mad as they stole that from R&M anyways and couple that with the fact he has put another signature Danesi Lock in there is super cool. And **** me who doesn’t like a bit of Slash now and then.

Great move on Sterns part doing that super early release even though it sacrificed Bond sales they had to take one for the team after seeing this release. It actually makes FF look like a home pin 🤪
I bet a few on Pinside are feeling a little sick on dropping money on Foo LE after seeing this and thinking I wonder if I can sell my deposit 😂

Sorry @Neil McRae I love my sterns too but without JJP they would be sitting on their laurels and have no serious competition. Long Live JJP lets hope they give Ritchie the same kinda BOM and he dont fk it up like Pat Lawler.

P3 - knocked it out the park
JJP - knocked it out of the state
AP - Come on guys I’m rootin for yas!

Great times in Pinball

Back
Top Bottom