What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s the big one: TPF 2023 - has there ever been such a schedule!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I also think you're possibly a bit naive about the condition and technical knowledge of the pins and owners floating around public venues/homes/sheds in the parts of the UK with lower land prices than London. Having spent some time looking for rarer old pins, and talking to owners, there are people with SS pinball machines sitting in their offices/workplaces/sheds/front rooms that they know little about, have no idea how to maintain and - in some cases - daren't switch on. I have had to give people lessons, via FaceTime, on how to do something as simple as get the backglass off.

I feel like that's a different point entirely.
You said
"generally - 80s pins tend to be the neglected step-children of collections featuring modern Sterns and B/W-era"

Older pons in the corners of rooms and offices where they were bought to look nice, probably years ago when cheap is different. I'm quite aware of it and it's a different thing entirely, different type of person who wants to own a pinball machine because of different reasons.
You could be looking at the same situation in a few decades where people have WPC games sitting in corners of rooms.

I feel like that's a different point entirely.
You said
"generally - 80s pins tend to be the neglected step-children of collections featuring modern Sterns and B/W-era"
@David_Vi This is a thread about the Texas Pinball Festival where the three people who are attending are posting videos and commentary. Last night, I started a chat about my views on PF, which should be okay because the whole purpose of a chat thread about impressions of new pinball machines is to talk about new pinball machines. I posted a picture of my old Flash Gordon as part of that commentary. @Neil McRae tried to insult me and, by extension, insulted the new owner instead. I decided to respond to that. My desire was, then, to shut up to let people talk about the new pins. You are now sniping individual lines looking for somewhere I was trying to insult someone. I wasn't. Please assume good faith and let people focus on chatting about the new pins (of which there are many) :)

The tank game has made me laugh out loud with its remote control. Unless that is just a prototype and not really on the retail one.
Would like to see the screen on TANK during gameplay.

Enjoy your next day - and continuted good luck to Mr Foster!

it’s just a marketing gimmick. But it is cool.

Still nobody has mentioned a new game that has not even been rumoured about yet.... :)

some of us are asked not to say anything 😂🤣

@stumblor - was not me ref the flippers on Fathom. Unless I said a while ago but honestly can not remember (the Boris get out clause).

Flippers are spot on fathom remake. (more about that later).

@Neil McRae - useful info about PF - but it will still be a year, and they could of announced it at the show later in the year.
🙃

ah but you see Pick Holder, my young marketing and contract apprentice, what show would you announce it at? UK pinfest? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Definitely not, look at the success of Thunderturds :D :D :D (Don't go there Tony :D :D ). Chicago Expo? Well maybe but Stern owns that show and hard to get any momentum there. MGC? Well possible but compared to TPF its tiny.

No, they lauched it because they most likely are contractually obliged and they wanted to launch it at the biggest and best show on the planet, with the biggest chance of coverage and boom they totally freaking nailed it. A national radio station has been colocated at the hotel for the event, film cameras, TV cameras, the whole big kahuna burger is here at TPF.

They couldn't have done a better job in launching this game. The queues to play Pulp Fiction were nuts and significantly longer than any other game, fortunately because I didn't just walk up and take photos and send them to my mates on the Internet and I know the CGC guys - I was able to play it before the show opened and video the game and share It with you guys without having to hire MI5 to work out who's face was in the screen, ( man Stern are still angry about that !!!); but both Dave and I went back and queued to play it again SUCH is the goodness of this game.

so I played Foo Fighters Premium and I have to say its another great game. It was at the Stern booth so hard to hear as they had music blaring but the game plays nice. The rules are quite cool and the game tells you what you should be looking for (although it was hard to hear) I played with Jonathan from Pinball Magazine and we both felt it was a great game. It is incredibly fast and some of the shots really have the kinetic satisfaction you would expect from a Keith Elwin game. Speaking with Marty from Haggis he thought there was some Gomez in the game also. I think Foo Fighters will be a well revered as Iron Maiden and will be a staple in many peoples collections for some time.

Jonathan filmed my ball three after having a decent ball 2 and then of course I played like, well I played terrible, partly because Steve was bouncing around nearby and partly because I was flagging badly from jet lag.

IMG_3103.JPG

final words on godfather:
the layout is good
the art is good somewhat inconsistent but not my cup of tea
the light show is ridiculous for the theme
the way the game plays just isn’t like the movie but is gangster like
code just way way way to complex, for example you can press a button at plunge time to select a different skill shot WTF?

Oh and the other big positive about having Pulp Fiction here is that the games are taking a pounding and any issues that crop up - they will be able to resolve ahead of build. Butch hinted that there was one minor issue they had found just from unboxing that they can easily resolve.

Especially for Colin :D

Cheers for this one Neil - out at the moment but at a quick glance it looks like the live action videos appear as small windows within the larger display? If so thats a big improvement over the way they came across in the reveal video.

I’m interested again, will watch the whole thing later.

Cheers for this one Neil - out at the moment but at a quick glance it looks like the live action videos appear as small windows within the larger display? If so thats a big improvement over the way they came across in the reveal video.

I’m interested again, will watch the whole thing later.

this game is as close to a WMS game as anyone has ever made.

So Dave estimates and just an estimate, signature and LEs done by June next models from June shipping July. That’s manufacturing not delivery which as we all know can be variable owing to containers etc. Phil will get the final details.

also exclusive here they just signed off a change to the signature model to add UV light and rubbers which will look epic.

Please can we have an Andy update ?
I tried to get the live standings earlier and it didn't seem upto date

Back
Top Bottom