What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s the big one: TPF 2023 - has there ever been such a schedule!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Brand new Simpsons Pinball party unboxing.

I will never understand why they went with that faded cabinet look.

Also played GTF thanks to Dave Fix who gave me a sneak peak. Its a staggeringly good game also, If you like whitewater, Elvira, Indy 500 you will love this game. Dave corrected me they have 5000 video clips of various stuff. Video soon!

IMG_3088.JPG

more pulp

It's a beautiful design effort, but I think there are going to be a fair few for sale once they get released.

It's a beautifully-executed love letter to 70s pins, including the Harlem Globe Trotters-esque saucer, the online drops, and the lower playfield drop targets. However, this looks like a very hard pin, even for experienced players. It has very aggressive slingshots, the pop bumpers throw the ball everywhere and most of the drops are very low on the playfield. It looks like you need significant skill just to keep the ball out of the outlanes, never mind regaining control after the ball goes into the pop bumpers, or to prevent a STDM after shooting the drops.

Some of the people who are buying this for the theme are going to find it frustrating, unfair and unplayable... so, my prediction is there will be a fair few around at that point.

Not sure how I feel about it... I got bored quite quickly watching the video, which is a bad sign. It feels too much like a 70s pin and, although I love Tarantino movies, I don't love them more than I love, say, Harlem Globetrotters for a significantly lower price.

more pulp

Awesome.. you lucky mother flippers.

This game looks insanely amazing.. and looks to offer the complete package across everything,. The longest ball wait appears to be 10 secs, which is nothing compared to the modern footage on the LCD games. It also appears to be super fast and tough, which looks perfect for multiplayer games, and nothing seems overwhelming.

That is your 2nd video, and it is clear you/s have a constant smile on your face and are loving every minute of this game. I mean you guys are clapping when you get multi ball and are laughing at the call outs etc.

It is going to be real interesting if you have that same feeling when playing the other new releases.

Awesome.. you lucky mother flippers.

This game looks insanely amazing.. and looks to offer the complete package across everything,. The longest ball wait appears to be 10 secs, which is nothing compared to the modern footage on the LCD games. It also appears to be super fast and tough, which looks perfect for multiplayer games, and nothing seems overwhelming.

That is your 2nd video, and it is clear you/s have a constant smile on your face and are loving every minute of this game. I mean you guys are clapping when you get multi ball and are laughing at the call outs etc.

It is going to be real interesting if you have that same feeling when playing the other new releases.
I'm a little more skeptical, largely because I know that actual 80s pins can look, and sound, almost as good. It's just it's very rare you see an 80s pin where anyone has made that much of an effort.
Flash Gordon.jpg

View attachment Flash Gordon music.mov

A greater volume of code doesn't automatically make for a better pin so, theme apart, the real standout features are the RGB lighting and the rotating suitcase. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer on it, as it is incredibly well executed and the theme is a huge draw but it's not, from what I'm seeing, as standout as it may appear. Obviously, I've not played it, so I may be wrong, but - generally - 80s pins tend to be the neglected step-children of collections featuring modern Sterns and B/W-era pins, so it's rare you actually see one that's had a serious restoration. They do look as good as Pulp Fiction (IMO), so it is relying on the lighting, toys, theme and code.

Last edited:
I'm a little more skeptical, largely because I know that actual 80s pins can look, and sound, almost as good. It's just it's very rare you see an 80s pin where anyone has made that much of an effort.

A greater volume of code doesn't automatically make for a better pin so, theme apart, the real standout features are the RGB lighting and the rotating suitcase. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer on it, as it is incredibly well executed and the theme is a huge draw but it's not, from what I'm seeing, as standout as it may appear.

I think I know where you are coming from Vee. Much of everything is new to me and have played very little machines compared to most people on here. I always found myself going back to the older simples pin at Pinfest last year and love the old ones ones for the challenge, art, cabinet build etc.

PF to me is bringing all that together in a new modem package in an older style cabinet which is awesome. As you say theme aside the the RGB lighting and the fancy spinning brief case stand out.

To be honest PF is so unique and so nice it's near perfect for me from what I have seen so far. As you know I am in for a TNA so I don't need deep code or fancy toys really. Prior to the PF announcement and other than Godzilla I kept looking at the new Fathom release, which also looks fun. Also the Beatles I like the look of that also, but the Beatles to me does not suit the usual stern cabinet design.

😍 What an absolute beauty your Flash Gordon is, thanks for sharing this stunner. Nothing will beat the originals that is for sure.

View attachment 197327

that looks suspiciously Like the Dog Gordon that Tobin was trying to offload - that is quite possibly the worst Flash Gordon I’ve ever played.

Some of the people who are buying this for the theme are going to find it frustrating, unfair and unplayable...
Let’s be honest, medieval madness it’s not
in keeping with the 80s retro theme, i don’t think it would be right, if it wasnt all of the above
we all know how difficult and brutal some games of that era are, thats the beauty of single playfields

Last edited:
It’s harder than games with ramps that deliver the ball to the flipper no doubt. It’s not a brutal game by any means and no where near Flash Gordon. it’s absolutely not frustrating like JP2.

No game appeals to everyone for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now it's mine it plays truer than the Tommy turd with the whacked out janky orbit that came to me via PBR.

you bought a game from Pinball Republic Ltd? I’m pretty sure you didn’t and I’d appreciate you quickly acknowledging that.

you have replaced the playfield? If so great - if not not even Jesus couldn't fix the way the ball rolls on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
you bought a game from Pinball Republic Ltd? I’m pretty sure you didn’t and I’d appreciate you quickly acknowledging that.

you have replaced the playfield? If so great - if not not even Jesus could fix the way the ball rolls on it.
I bought the Tommy Mike Kindler had left at Pinball Republic for some time, you know I did as you commented negatively on this forum regarding the price I paid for it. Refering to me being the person who was deaf dumb and blind.

I bought the Tommy Mike Kindler had left at Pinball Republic for some time, you know I did as you commented negatively on this forum regarding the price I paid for it. Refering to me being the person who was deaf dumb and blind.

You bought a game from Mike Kindler, the club doesn’t own any games, and the club doesn’t buy or sell games.

thanks for confirming.

I’m guessing you buy games without playing them first, in that case effectively buying them “deaf dumb and blind“ second hand games always have issues (hell even new ones do too!); want to make sure the game is ok - play it before you give them money. Especially games approaching their 30th birthday.

Sure it is my own fault that's why I never moaned to Mike, how much I paid for the game didn't bother me either (but you mentioned it in the forum, when there wasn't even a thread about it) The fact it was regularly used in PBR comps with a deformed orbit that did not function correctly amused me, and now this Flash Gordon plays bad.....

Well I’ll reserve judgment till I play it but I wonder if the call-outs and music will get on your tits after a while. It also seemed quite a bit of stop start which I am a fan of but does it not kill the flow you keep on about being the all important part of a pinball @Neil McRae. I love toys too but the dancing case is all a bit OTT or it that the point of it all.
Ball times seem long enough considering your 1st few games will that also be a factor to consider once you super dialled in.
Still it’s a beautiful pin for sure and CGC build em 2nd to none with AP a close 2nd. They defo gave the theme justice too not skimping on licence by sounds of it.

be good to get feedback after the show as a kind of reflection on your thoughts of all the new pins.
Keep up the good work looking forward to seeing GTF

Sure it is my own fault that's why I never moaned to Mike, how much I paid for the game didn't bother me either (but you mentioned it in the forum, when there wasn't even a thread about it) The fact it was regularly used in PBR comps with a deformed orbit that did not function correctly amused me, and now this Flash Gordon plays bad.....

i don't rate Tommy as a game so I barely played it. It was not used in our league that often. Even if it was mint just off the factory I wouldn’t pay the money that people pay for them.

people loan games to the club some are good some less so.

Back
Top Bottom