What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s the big one: TPF 2023 - has there ever been such a schedule!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I just watched some of the Twippy awards.

Jesus - worse than ever.
The streaming was awful. Do they not have gain controls on the mixers that use? Horrid distortion.

I like Todd but he is not an event presenter. Imoto looked uncomfortable. Especially with a few of Todd's comments.

Chris (Kanada however you spell it) would of been a better choice.

I know a few people turned the gig down!

I wasn't at the twippies but if it was the same AV crew I'm not surprised...

the AV crew they had at the event was **** poor and I think it was an actual paid for company that did it. During the seminars they had issues with the projector, issues with laptops and they had a remote camera man on a cable and the camera's focus was all over the place, watch the JJP seminar to see the worst of it.

My thoughts- all of the new games look great but I’m a bit worried for AP- some questionable marketing decisions and the original theme is a bit too niche. Hopefully they sell some as competition is good for the others

Let's have some fun. How long after he posts photos of Vince and Mia before he gets issued a C&D?
The almost identical Vincent , Mia figures are available on royalty free license !

Attachments

• 0E769A23-8DE6-42B5-BE79-4325B5209117.png
    0E769A23-8DE6-42B5-BE79-4325B5209117.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 62
Could maybe go for a screen playing scenes from the film or something, but a topper made from $8 models is just going to look like an AliExpress version of the real one

Don’t quite get that Davey if they’re for sale at just over $8 then the royalty to QT or whoever is included within that price or they wouldn’t be for sale in the first place

It's all about exposure and competing product space. I doubt cgtrader is selling enough models to warrant raising notice amongst copyright holders. 3d artists would list their wares, cgtrader takes a cut, and no chance on gods green earth would someone have got this signed off with the powers that be. Now, that might be fine when printing a Vincent and sticking him on your wedding cake, but start mass producing them for a 1.5k product that competes with a product line of a licensor who HAS done that, well, you can guess what will happen.

The almost identical Vincent , Mia figures are available on royalty free license !
OK Davy @stumblor heres the deal!

Buy those figures and fit some of your super awesome electronic magic to them using very small servos and not only twist them on a turntable but do some simple animated arms a bit like this. Please ignore my onesie as I didn’t have time to dress up but you get the idea 😝

View attachment IMG_0257.MOV

Buy those figures and fit some of your super awesome electronic magic to them using very small servos and not only twist them on a turntable but do some simple animated arms a bit like this. Please ignore my onesie as I didn’t have time to dress up but you get the idea 😝

View attachment 197788

I'll agree to that if we can do a topper with Onesie Col as the antagonist 👌

View attachment 197788
Oooh! It's like Jeffrey Daniel's in the room ;)

Just watched the JJP seminar at TPF.
Is Jack Guarnieri ok? He didn't appear too well.
Noticed his left hand shaking really bad.
Hope hes ok.

It's all about exposure and competing product space. I doubt cgtrader is selling enough models to warrant raising notice amongst copyright holders. 3d artists would list their wares, cgtrader takes a cut, and no chance on gods green earth would someone have got this signed off with the powers that be. Now, that might be fine when printing a Vincent and sticking him on your wedding cake, but start mass producing them for a 1.5k product that competes with a product line of a licensor who HAS done that, well, you can guess what will happen.

We had exactly this albeit a football version.

We'd printed some amusing Declan Rice T-Shirts during the Euro's to wear on videos. We gave a couple away as prizes but didn't sell them in our online shop.

A rival YouTube channel saw that they were popular, designed a similar shirt and popped it on their shop for £20 . . . . they got a C&D.

Back
Top Bottom