What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FunHouse received today

I’d have no hesitation in going to small claims on this if you can’t get a refund from the seller. the item is not as described (you have the description of the pf condition in writing from the seller). this whole thread is useful evidence of the fact this is not as described and you can also easily get a written “professional opinion” from one of our many members here who is in the pinball business. The value of a pinball is largely based on condition and the playfield is a major & expensive component, and is also the key part of the machine as it’s where the game is played and what the player looks at most whilst playing. It’s cheap to bang in a claim, more expensive for a defendant to defend it. It’s going to be a lot less hassle for the seller to sort it out before that happens.

I had the misfortune of buying a machine several years ago from a certain person in Wales that clearly misrepresented the condition of the machine and the work he had done on it.
Who’s that because there are only a few of us in Wales that I know about and I don’t want anyone thinking it’s got anything to do with me.

I’d have no hesitation in going to small claims on this if you can’t get a refund from the seller. the item is not as described (you have the description of the pf condition in writing from the seller). this whole thread is useful evidence of the fact this is not as described and you can also easily get a written “professional opinion” from one of our many members here who is in the pinball business. The value of a pinball is largely based on condition and the playfield is a major & expensive component, and is also the key part of the machine as it’s where the game is played and what the player looks at most whilst playing. It’s cheap to bang in a claim, more expensive for a defendant to defend it. It’s going to be a lot less hassle for the seller to sort it out before that happens.

@AlanJ thanks . Yes I’m starting the claim on Monday. I’ve had a few of the senior experienced members kindly offer to act as expert witnesses. Should be quite straightforward .

I have spoken to my solicitors Brett Wilson who deal with defamation of character and libel I would suggest you all wind your necks in
You cant sue for deformation of character if it is fact. Nor libel for that matter.
Interested that you managed to speak to someone from Brett Wilson - who dont work on Saturdays.

Finally since you have started spouting legal and waving legal statements about then I have no option but to remove you from the site.

I wish Ads good luck in his claim, and I for one will be happy to back him up if needed.

Oh - probably worth adding - it's explicitly against T&C's to register 2 accounts unless previously approved by an admin. So you were in contravention of the Terms of the site.

If/when @Rossco ever looks to sell on the Family Guy under one of many aliases or via a friend , he has turned off the largest pinball community in the U.K. from dealing with him. Nice going Chief 🤠
With the condition of that Fun House I expect the same fate for the Family Guy.

Rossco; verb: to intentionally deceive for financial gain
‘Ads Nems got rosscoed whilst purchasing a pin’
I’ve been truly Rosscoed without Vaseline on this one !

Despite the new version announced I ended up with a special edition Funhouse 1.0 Real Rudy’s Nightmare

Now that we have legal threats flying around I'd like to go on the record with the following statement for Rossco to submit to his crack legal team seeing as I've posted a humorous take earlier in the thread.

- This machine is not in 'very good condition'

- No reasonable or honest person would describe this machine as being in 'very good condition'

- Describing this machine as being in 'very good condition' was active misrepresentation.

- This machine has some of the most extensive playfield damage I've seen on any machine for sale over the past eighteen years that wasn't described as a project machine requiring extensive refurbishment.

- The fact that the machine is fully working does not render the above mute. A machine can be fully working but in very poor condition. Case in point if this machine is indeed fully working.

- The fact that this machine is 30 years old is irrelevant. Items that are 30 years old can be in very good condition, or very poor condition. The latter applies here.

- The fact that the seller made the buyer aware he 'needed the money' for another purchase is entirely irrelevant.

- There are plenty of resources available on this site alone to help you ascertain the condition and value of a machine.

Now let's look at some evidence. The last Funhouse advertised for sale on the forum was from @new forest pinball last December:

This machine was described as being in 'excellent players condition', which is a more conservative description than 'very good condition'. It was advertised for just £150 more than than @Ads Nems paid for the disaster of a machine in question. Let's compare.

'Excellent players condition'

1638024719652.png

'Very good condition'

1638024799187.png

1638024837883.png

'Very good condition'

1638024858566.png

1638024934480.png

'Very good condition'

1638024950689.png

I stand by all my earlier statements and look forward to being sued for defamation of character and/or libel despite not naming the seller nor knowing who he is.

In previous posts I described him as being a prick. Now that he is threatening legal action I would like to apologise and retract this statement. The seller isn't a prick. He's a massive, massive prick.

Late to the party but I’ve just DM’d Adam as I’m absolutely gutted for him.
Although I have not Met Adam in person we have spoke on a few occasions as he has bought a few pins from me now spending in the region of 25-28k with me!
He has always been happy with my pins and others he has also obtained through here so was maybe lulled into a false sense or security. In reality I think Adam was a perfect candidate for a sting and taken advantage of.

I do believe in Karma and hopefully @roscco gets “roscoe’d” himself and gets to feel the pain he has inflicted on not only Adam but the community as a whole.
Unfortunately by his manor and attitude I doubt he even gives a ****e! So hopefully he gets “Roscoe’d” from behind with a blunt rusty (insert your imagination here) and he feels the pain that way.
As an owner of at least 10 FH’s I’ve actually scrapped better ones in the early days for spares!
My last FH was a ChrisB minty that Chris restored for me and years later did a mini shop and fixed a few issues.
This now sits in a very good friends collection local to me so I can still get to play and maybe talk him into FH2.0 some point.

Keep your chin up Adam we are rooting for you as don’t let it dampen your spirits too much as fortunately 99% on here are the good guys.

In previous posts I described him as being a prick. Now that he is threatening legal action I would like to apologise and retract this statement. The seller isn't a prick. He's a massive, massive prick.

Yes I think it's important for the upcoming case to point out what an absolute bellend Rossco is. Happy to swear an oath etc

Late to the party but I’ve just DM’d Adam as I’m absolutely gutted for him.
Although I have not Met Adam in person we have spoke on a few occasions as he has bought a few pins from me now spending in the region of 25-28k with me!
He has always been happy with my pins and others he has also obtained through here so was maybe lulled into a false sense or security. In reality I think Adam was a perfect candidate for a sting and taken advantage of.

I do believe in Karma and hopefully @roscco gets “roscoe’d” himself and gets to feel the pain he has inflicted on not only Adam but the community as a whole.
Unfortunately by his manor and attitude I doubt he even gives a ****e! So hopefully he gets “Roscoe’d” from behind with a blunt rusty (insert your imagination here) and he feels the pain that way.
As an owner of at least 10 FH’s I’ve actually scrapped better ones in the early days for spares!
My last FH was a ChrisB minty that Chris restored for me and years later did a mini shop and fixed a few issues.
This now sits in a very good friends collection local to me so I can still get to play and maybe talk him into FH2.0 some point.

Keep your chin up Adam we are rooting for you as don’t let it dampen your spirits too much as fortunately 99% on here are the good guys.

Thanks a lot Col. You’ve always been an absolute gent to deal with and I can safely say are most definitely one of the “good guys”.

If my wife read your post and saw how much I’ve spent with you I’d be in a worse situation that what happened with Rosco 😂

If this incident was my first of buying a machine then it would have probably put me off getting into the hobby for life . Luckily I have had the pleasure to get to know a wide array of some great honest people from all over the country and thankfully the “bad hombres” are few and far between.

We should be keeping a tally of the amount of tines we've been threatened with legal action for calling out scamming scummy scum sucking theiving deceiving asshats. (On the record @Roscoe) without ever being served a single legal document (even a fake one). I reckon we'd have a fairly decent total by now.

Further, I would suggest that anyone who is actually capable of doing such a thing would just f#cking do it rather than threaten it.

Back
Top Bottom