What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FunHouse received today

This is what we call a players condition Funhouse........ nuff said......

He got a bargain considering it was offered to me for 4.5k!! Absolutely shocking state for a pin to be in how you couldn't feel like a pos selling this to someone for that kind of money amazes me.. Enjoy the beautiful family guy that this helped you fund, iam sure there won't be many on this forum will be dealing with you in future, a blind man wouldn't call that a good condition pin but then again thinking it was worth that much yourself shows an off the radar level of delusion to begin wi

Robbed Peter to pay Paul springs to mind

For the avoidance of any doubt

Adam You had every opportunity to inspect or ask for more detail you knew I was buying family guy and I need to sell mine I wanted more money than you offered I never misrepresented the position the machine is an old machine which is in my view in good condition for a machine that is that old the cosmetic side of the playfield iis down to you as a buyer to inspect the machine is second hand used and in full working order

If you had any doubts you should asked to inspect at no time did I refuse or would have refused maybe post this on the forum

I have saved all your messages and I will use these to defend my position if you wish to proceed with a misguided claim

You should have inspected the machine if you had any doubts as to the condition

Why did you not inspect ?

As I said I am not entertaining any of this nonsense

I have notified my household insures through my household legal expense policy

Good luck
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA are you joking? How many times have you been in court? And no I don't mean tennis.

You don't stand a chance mate. Make this right before you lose big time in a claim.

Neil.

neil what's one mans good condition isn't another, i think we all have to cool down and really think about the money these machines are costing , yes 12 1400 for a players pin is fine but the market is all over the shop , dam right id be ****ed if this was me but id also never buy a car and pay in full without viewing it, anything over 3k and id want a recipe written in blood - its a lot of money. we all need to cool off and really think about sending large amounts of money via bank transfer on the promise of a few (what could be dodgy ) photos. I feel bad for ads, i think i sold him a black rose years ago and id like to think it was sold in the condition i described but we also value different things for different reasons. under 5k and i doubt courts are fussed ? i would like to think the seller would help out but then what will that do for the forum , won't be long till , i bought avengers infinity quest and the playfield is chipping its the sellers fault. you really need to double check what you are buying - we all do

neil what's one mans good condition isn't another, i think we all have to cool down and really think about the money these machines are costing , yes 12 1400 for a players pin is fine but the market is all over the shop , dam right id be ****ed if this was me but id also never buy a car and pay in full without viewing it, anything over 3k and id want a recipe written in blood - its a lot of money. we all need to cool off and really think about sending large amounts of money via bank transfer on the promise of a few (what could be dodgy ) photos. I feel bad for ads, i think i sold him a black rose years ago and id like to think it was sold in the condition i described but we also value different things for different reasons. under 5k and i doubt courts are fussed ? i would like to think the seller would help out but then what will that do for the forum , won't be long till , i bought avengers infinity quest and the playfield is chipping its the sellers fault. you really need to double check what you are buying - we all do

Have you just been to Peppa pig world? unfortunately mate, that's just not how the law works.

Regards,
Neil.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA are you joking? How many times have you been in court? And no I don't mean tennis.

You don't stand a chance mate. Make this right before you lose big time in a claim.

Neil.
You know this guy Neil?

cant see it but as usual you are right, ill get my popcorn , Dial 999 "id like to report a crime- i recently spent 3.5k on a pinball and its not as described .... "what" no way" that's preposterous " "i know " "that's what i thought "- no sir its preposterous you spent 3.5k on a 30 year old arcade machine and think we are bothered" "good day sir"

This is what we call a players condition Funhouse........ nuff said......

Only £150 more than I paid for my dog

Hi Bud , I remember the Rosey I purchased from you and was very happy with it. It wasn’t the best condition ever BUT you accurately described it .

In this case it’s absolutely nothing to do with the valuation side and everything to do with the seller advising it is in very nice and clean condition which is a complete lie and misrepresentation. Even on other points, I asked them to pack it well and take the balls out, the seller left the balls in the machine to roll around freely. And don’t get me started on the condition of the balls, looks like they are the original ones from 1991 🙈. If the machine had been maintained by @pinballtoys as advised then surely at the very least the sandpaper feel balls would have been replaced .

There is absolutely no one yet on this thread who has come to the sellers defence to say it’s actually not that bad shape or it is actually in at least fair condition. I’ve never seen a playfield like it !

Last edited:
cant see it but as usual you are right, ill get my popcorn , Dial 999 "id like to report a crime- i recently spent 3.5k on a pinball and its not as described .... "what" no way" that's preposterous " "i know " "that's what i thought "- no sir its preposterous you spent 3.5k on a 30 year old arcade machine and think we are bothered" "good day sir"

Why would the police have anything to do with this? take your red pills seeker and live in ignorance!

Only £150 more than I paid for my dog

Hi Bud , I remember the Rosey I purchased from you and was very happy with it. It wasn’t the best condition ever BUT you accurately described it .

In this case it’s absolutely nothing to do with the valuation side and everything to do with the seller advising it is in very nice and clean condition which is a complete lie and misrepresentation. Even on other points, I asked them to pack it well and take the balls out, the seller left the balls in the machine to roll around freely. And don’t get me started on the condition of the balls, looks like they are the original ones from 1991 🙈. If the machine had been maintained by @pinballtoys as advised then surely at the very least the sandpaper feel balls would have been replaced .

There is absolutely no one yet on this thread who has come to the sellers defence to say it’s actually not that bad shape or it is actually in at least fair condition. I’ve never seen a playfield like it !
Ermmm I think it’s good condition, wasn’t this the one on location for years in the f**king sea, Exploited the trust of this forum to sell this to you, was it sold to you via pm? so not advertised, would also be very interested to see the pics that made you decide to buy, would give us all the idea of whether things were really hidden or not,

Right that’s my 10p, I would be returning this in person, heard there’s a nice family guy waiting for you.

Hi Itch,

@Rossco originally advised on the below Family Guy sales thread that he had as a trade a very nice Funhouse that had a lot of work done to it. I then PM’d him expressing interest as I was after one what with Funhouse 2.0 coming out .

As I said in my original thread I was too trusting and whilst I got some pictures , they were not anywhere clear enough showing the playfield in the condition it was actually received in . I hold my hand up for not asking for more pics but having the seller describe it on the forum, in PM and on the phone as very nice condition I stupidly believed them. If they had been at least a tiny bit honest and said look I can’t sugar coat it the playfield isn’t in the best shape then I would have immediately asked for plenty of close ups but they assured me on the phone that the playfield was in decent shape !

Attachments

• 3456CCCB-42DE-4D62-8D14-6D7B659F8CDB.jpeg
    3456CCCB-42DE-4D62-8D14-6D7B659F8CDB.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 53

Adam You had every opportunity to inspect or ask for more detail you knew I was buying family guy and I need to sell mine I wanted more money than you offered I never misrepresented the position the machine is an old machine which is in my view in good condition for a machine that is that old the cosmetic side of the playfield iis down to you as a buyer to inspect the machine is second hand used and in full working order

If you had any doubts you should asked to inspect at no time did I refuse or would have refused maybe post this on the forum

I have saved all your messages and I will use these to defend my position if you wish to proceed with a misguided claim

Good luck
If you’ve already convinced someone a pin is in ‘great condition’ why should they then request to inspect it or ask loads more questions. I absolute hate that this has happened, you’re absolute scum and you know it.

If you’ve already convinced someone a pin is in ‘great condition’ why should they then request to inspect it or ask loads more questions. I absolute hate that this has happened, you’re absolute scum and you know it.
Well said,

Just goes to show it’s rare and I’ve unfortunately paid the price but there are scumbags and conmen who circle on this forum and it’s not all decent upstanding honest members who are on here

Some people just dont see what others see. There are people out there that just like to play pinball and if they get a game out of it and put a score up then it's fully working and in great condition for a 30 year old game.
They then see another game advertised like there's that's been totally refurbished and everything swapped out for new for a eye watering price and think there game is worth the same. Just because it's the same game , same age condition really is not a issue to these people.
The seller more than likely honestly thought he had a 3k game because others were priced in that bracket.
There were warning signs there, just because there is a member on here doesn't mean you can trust them,also a description from someone with less than 5 posts needs to be thought through.
If this doesn't get sorted and I hope it does then it's a lesson for others to learn.

Seller thought he had a 4.5k machine apparently, if someone told me they had done a lot of work to a machine and it was in very good condition I'd be expecting it to be in better condition than this wreck too tbh..

Always refer to the urban dictionary in these situations….

I’ve deliberately bought some non-workers off eBay and Gumtree. The playfields have been ace compared to this. I’d be embarrassed to sell this Funhouse.

Looked at the pictures, think you should be on for either taking back for a full refund, or a partial refund to put it around where it’s asking price should of been. Also think you should post up the pictures you were sent for transparency.

Tricky one… perhaps when things like this happen on this (great) forum, if the seller doesn’t want to resolve the matter then should he/she should be banned permanently, there’s no place for shoddy sellers on here IMO.

Good luck, I feel for you!

Adam @Ads Nems I feel for you mate but definitely a lesson learned here re: asking for more pics (be interested to see what pics you were sent) :( That is a rough FH and as others have said it's worth somewhere in the £1200 to £1500 region and needs a full restore. The playfield looks similar to my old Fish Tales when I first got it where the old mylar has started to crack and break up and needs removing. It was a bit easier on FT as it's diamond plate but on that FH I suspect you'd take up most of the inserts and maybe playfield art as well depending on the conditions it's seen during it's life.

@Rossco to represent that game as anything other than a rough players condition game is a proper scumbag move and you know full well you've f*cked Adam over here. Even Stevie Wonder could tell you that's a bad playfield just by rubbing his hands over it! You should refund him £2K and make it right but we know you're not going too. @Paul surely this is exactly the type of situation the ban hammer is used for?

Good luck

To save anyone else from reading this bull**** I’ll paraphrase:

‘For the avoidance of any doubt, I gave you dodgy pics and used the fact that this is a forum of decent people very much unlike myself to my advantage.

Yes, I lied to you about it’s condition, too bad you didn’t take it upon yourself to prove me wrong before paying me at least twice what it is worth - although to be fair I did initially want to screw some poor bastard out of even more.

It’s entirely your fault because I just happen to be a dishonest prick, and it was really down to you to make sure I’m not.

I’ve now been caught out and publicly shamed so I’m going to double down and claim this is nonsense despite the obvious sentiment to the contrary.

I’ve saved your messages, but I’m not exactly sure why. Give me a few months and I may be able to work that one out.

To further this pathetic charade I called my insurers and fed the unfortunate person who answered my call some bs they didn’t understand, and they said whatever they could to get me off the line. They then laughed about the sad bastard they just had to speak to with their colleagues.

I hope you don’t try to come after me legally, because I’m really not sure where I stand.

Sincerely,

@Rossco (aka a massive cockwomble)’

Back
Top Bottom