What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FunHouse received today

Unfortunately the money taken from @Ads Nems, the money has already been spent on a Family Guy..

I wrote to him and said if his excuse is he can’t refund me because that money has been spent on the family guy then I offer to drive down, pay him the extra between the funhouse and family guy and he can take back his ‘very nice’ funhouse and I take the family guy.

I don’t even want a family guy, I’d have just put it back up here to get my money back .

But obviously haven’t heard back to that offer as he knows he has ripped me off and got a very nice pin in its place

It is such a shame when a deal goes wrong on here, and it doesn't put a lot of faith for new members or even older members of the group, I bought operation thunder of Dave on here and we agreed a price and he delivered it to my house on the way to pinfest and even helped me set it up so a top bloke in my book, so please don't let this bad experience put other people off.
I find this group brilliant.
I do hope that the both of you can sort this out for the sake of the rest of us.
All the best Steve

To save anyone else from reading this bull**** I’ll paraphrase:

‘For the avoidance of any doubt, I gave you dodgy pics and used the fact that this is a forum of decent people very much unlike myself to my advantage.

Yes, I lied to you about it’s condition, too bad you didn’t take it upon yourself to prove me wrong before paying me at least twice what it is worth - although to be fair I did initially want to screw some poor bastard out of even more.

It’s entirely your fault because I just happen to be a dishonest prick, and it was really down to you to make sure I’m not.

I’ve now been caught out and publicly shamed so I’m going to double down and claim this is nonsense despite the obvious sentiment to the contrary.

I’ve saved your messages, but I’m not exactly sure why. Give me a few months and I may be able to work that one out.

To further this pathetic charade I called my insurers and fed the unfortunate person who answered my call some bs they didn’t understand, and they said whatever they could to get me off the line. They then laughed about the sad bastard they just had to speak to with their colleagues.

I hope you don’t try to come after me legally, because I’m really not sure where I stand.

Sincerely,

@Rossco (aka a massive cockwomble)’
@JustLikeMe
Good use of " cockwomble" be careful though admin slapped me on the wrist for throwing that one on my " Joey Flash Gordon " sales post 😂
However I would say Rosco qualifies for that term maybe double it down with " cock jockey " as well

I very much doubt going to court will bring any result plus’s the courts are still backed up to due to Covid
If you where up against a business maybe someone private then not much chance
He will claim he knows nothing about pinball and the person he bought it from told him it was in good condition and he has spent money on it
If you are like neil and want to throw ££££ in to court costs and solicitor fees to eventually receive nothing or £2 a month for 20 years then give it a go or small claims court is worth a chance
But I would take it as a bad experience and move on

It is such a shame when a deal goes wrong on here, and it doesn't put a lot of faith for new members or even older members of the group, I bought operation thunder of Dave on here and we agreed a price and he delivered it to my house on the way to pinfest and even helped me set it up so a top bloke in my book, so please don't let this bad experience put other people off.
I find this group brilliant.
I do hope that the both of you can sort this out for the sake of the rest of us.
All the best Steve

Unfortunately this incident shows that there are dishonest sharks that lurk on this forum.

I would gladly take that back if @Rossco does the right thing and agrees to give me a full refund or for me to return his funhouse, swap it for the family guy with me paying the extra he laid out for family guy so he is no worse off. But judging by his completely dismissive communication so far it looks like he plans to do a hit and run.

I will be starting the smalls claims court process on Monday which no new or established member would wish to do but I’m left with no choice

I wonder if in the for sale section we can have a thread where people can list trustworthy sellers?, at least then members can have a quick look and look up the ‘reviews’ before making a purchase. If someone is not there probably best to do a bit more research.

Quite a few members on here I’d happily buy blind if they say the pin is good, but threads like this really make me weary of others now.

I wonder if in the for sale section we can have a thread where people can list trustworthy sellers?, at least then members can have a quick look and look up the ‘reviews’ before making a purchase. If someone is not there probably best to do a bit more research.

Quite a few members on here I’d happily buy blind if they say the pin is good, but threads like this really make me weary of others now.
A feedback system would be great like Pinside. Realise it's a lot of work to implement though..

Offering to buy the fg from him is such a good idea, and also a get out of jail free card so to speak for the seller, why wouldn’t this deal be accepted especially if in his opinion the fh is in “v good condition”
Nice one Adam

It’s a good idea but does discriminate new or newish trustworthy people, How long trading makes a good seller? There are many lurkers who don’t post, but this by far doesn’t make them bad,

It’s such a tuff thing to enforce, I’ve sold two pins so far, two very happy members on here but no listing or posts to show that,

I was also thinking of a system to put in place but so far I haven’t found a good one, and I do to search a persons post etc before purchasing, and I am just about to purchase a pin I’ve not seen from someone I’ve not met, 🥶

Offering to buy the fg from him is such a good idea, and also a get out of jail free card so to speak for the seller, why wouldn’t this deal be accepted especially if in his opinion the fh is in “v good condition”
Nice one Adam
It’s a fantastic idea but won’t work on a dishonest person, they have got what they want and end of story in there eyes.

It’s a good idea but does discriminate new or newish trustworthy people, How long trading makes a good seller? There are many lurkers who don’t post, but this by far doesn’t make them bad,

It’s such a tuff thing to enforce, I’ve sold two pins so far, two very happy members on here but no listing or posts to show that,

I was also thinking of a system to put in place but so far I haven’t found a good one, and I do to search a persons post etc before purchasing, and I am just about to purchase a pin I’ve not seen from someone I’ve not met, 🥶
Even just a thread for people to post there experiences would be helpful I think. Iv got loads of members from here I could happily add to the list.

Even just a thread for people to post there experiences would be helpful I think. Iv got loads of members from here I could happily add to the list.
I worry the list could end up being used a levering tool against someone or a out of favour off the list kind of affair, I do really want there to be something truly I do, would be interesting to see if it works, problem is it will become huge and full of hot air posts and will soon go off topic,
I wonder if a simple thing under profile showing number of pins bought and sold only updatable by the buyer/seller or like eBay a positive/negative feedback system, that only admin can adjust, could have a score as well

@Marvello , I agree with your point. I did check how long they were a forum member for which is nearly 3 years so wrongly assumed they had some traction on here. I had not previously checked how active of message they had sent but will do in future .

Lesson expensively learnt

I very much doubt going to court will bring any result plus’s the courts are still backed up to due to Covid
If you where up against a business maybe someone private then not much chance
He will claim he knows nothing about pinball and the person he bought it from told him it was in good condition and he has spent money on it
If you are like neil and want to throw ££££ in to court costs and solicitor fees to eventually receive nothing or £2 a month for 20 years then give it a go or small claims court is worth a chance
But I would take it as a bad experience and move on
How many court cases have you been in Chris?

because pretty much all of what you wrote is total nonsense.

A list of untrustworthy sellers would be much shorter ;)

Really ****ed off to see this :(

Interestingly Rossco just tried registering another account... Erm.. nope!

@Ads Nems - If theres anything i can do then just drop me a line.
Wow, probably trying to see what’s being said without using the rossco one, I imagine he will get a friend to register and send Him Screen shots,

Don't think you need an account to view this section. More likely starting off again to scam another person. Real piece of work.

PayPal transactions, even friends and family can be reversed if used. I’d like to qualify that this isn’t even a poor players condition , could be classed as working with a shgd playfield. Think this deserves the Backhouse award. Title should be edited to include the word con so all
Members can see what can happen if you’re not careful.

The seller only had 3 posts, 2 of those were trying to flog it for a ridiculous amount and he isn't a site supporter.

It's a lesson to all to not be so trustworthy, do a bit of research, use the user message history, see when they signed up, are they a site supporter etc.
Maybe I missed it, but how was he able to sell it without being a Site Supporter?

Last edited:
Think a feedback system would be very good. I don’t post much on here but have both brought and sold a few times with no problems that I’m aware off. Have dealt with a few real Gents that when I was new to all this really looked after me. Even after dropping a machine when moving it

It’s a shame that one bum hole tarnishes what is an amazing community!

Back
Top Bottom