What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FunHouse received today

I myself got blasted a few times. Once with the Predator scam, and another by a well known failed Pinball Manufacturer when he swapped a trashed TaF for my mint SS on the sneak leaving me in a position to just accept it.

I totally feel for your nightmare here. It brings up bad memories but i can say with total clarity, its best to just move on and forget. If that's no good, there's always this: https://poopsenders.com/

Just to be clear, this is the playfield of a ‘player’s condition’ game belonging to someone who doesn’t have the technical skill (yet) to either replace the insert stickers or work on the playfield beyond a quick clean.

809B6024-96DB-4D99-A6B7-C43EBDCD8A70.jpeg

If Rossco is still reading, this is also a 30-year-old game and it evidently had a hard life.

I have no idea what happened to that Funhouse... it looks like it’s been stored in a shed.

My second pin came from @mark9 on this forum and is a LoTR in immaculate condition - exactly as described 🥰

Last edited:
It's a very unfortunate situation. Seems the warning signs were there with the way it was sold.

I hope you get your money back, and if not....let it be known far and wide that Rossco is a massive 🛎🔚.

Shame on him for being so dishonest and dragging someone's good name in to it.

What does a fully restored funhouse go for one of options now is get it fully restored with 2.0 coming out someone will make 2.0 art work all depends on cost I suppose

Iv done some quick research and all parts appear available to restore this ie new pf,plastics,decals,ramps etc.. then clean up the rest. Could probably make a really nice Funhouse out of it with a bit of love :)

This just isn’t cricket.
Feel sorry for this guy Ads.
Imagine opening the box to find that pile of 💩
Some people just don’t have any integrity.
I couldn’t sleep at night feeling I fcuked someone over.

On another note, that’s what worries me about potential buy/ selling on here.
Pin could be in fantastic condition but then gets damaged in transit.
I think that’s why it’s always good to inspect before purchase.

Im sure we have all been guilty of buying on someones word, not inspecting pics hard enough etc, but 99% of the time its fine as the vast majority of members are honest and genuine.

Russ's post above got me thinking, between us we must have enough parts to make a decent FH, is the paint the same colour as WW? If so I have enough spare spray cans to do a whole cab.

If we could find someone with a decent used pf, we could all chip in a bit of cash to get it for Ads and go some way to getting him the game he should have got in the first place.

Iv done some quick research and all parts appear available to restore this ie new pf,plastics,decals,ramps etc.. then clean up the rest. Could probably make a really nice Funhouse out of it with a bit of love :)

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that, however what it will take is a hell of a lot of money and even more time. Could be more cost effective to move it on as it is and buy another FH that IS a nice one. Then there’s the potential bitter taste. I have exactly the same dilemma with my WH2O.

Just hope there is a fair outcome from this **** show.

Im sure we have all been guilty of buying on someones word, not inspecting pics hard enough etc, but 99% of the time its fine as the vast majority of members are honest and genuine.

Russ's post above got me thinking, between us we must have enough parts to make a decent FH, is the paint the same colour as WW? If so I have enough spare spray cans to do a whole cab.

If we could find someone with a decent used pf, we could all chip in a bit of cash to get it for Ads and go some way to getting him the game he should have got in the first place.

Funny you should say that kev. I contacted Ads yesterday about the exact same thing. Because i'll be doing the 2.0 upgrade at some point, and have a bunch of new parts waiting in the wings, this'll mean I'll have a okay-ish playfield (lots of wear but totally sound and way better than this one), a set of used plastics (good cond), and a set of used ramps (really good cond). Ads understandably wants shot of this machine, but whoever ends up with it is welcome to these bits. FOR FWEE.

Gotta reverse the karma on this poor FH.

As declared earlier. I'd more than happy to buy it and restore it if buyer or seller (hopefully seller) would like to cut the losses. I've been looking for a FH project for a while.

Well, I am arriving late to a **** show! Just read the whole thing.

My thoughts go out to Adam. No likes to get ripped off.

This goes well beyond 'buyer beware' . This is possibly one of the most misrepresented descriptions of the condition of an item I have ever seen (not just pinball).
Making up quotes from third parties to further endorse the condition of any item is deceitful. No question. I am sure Bob has his own thoughts on that!

My thoughts do turn to the guy that owned the big arcade warehouse in Borden Nr Portsmouth (the one that had the massive auction when he died many years ago).
I tried to buy a ToM of him. He tried to get me to pay a deposit for this 'excellent condition' machine over the phone but I stuck to my guns and went to see it first.
It was totally roached and at a stupidly high price. When I advised him that I wasn't interested after all, he got seriously abusive and threatened to break my legs for not buying his machine.
At one point he blocked me from leaving and I got the distinct feeling that I was in for a hiding! You never can underestimate the retards floating around out there.

I was lucky. I kept my money and my beautiful face intact. Hope you get some sort of resolution Adam.

Keep us updated.

When I advised him that I wasn't interested after all, he got seriously abusive and threatened to break my legs for not buying his machine.
At one point he blocked me from leaving and I got the distinct feeling that I was in for a hiding! You never can underestimate the retards floating around out there.

I was lucky. I kept my money and my beautiful face intact. Hope you get some sort of resolution Adam.

Keep us updated.
Whoa… I didn’t know I should have taken self-defence classes before trying to buy a used pinball machine.

This does re-kindle the great 'classified ads debate'?

I'm not endorsing the Ebay model but you can appreciate that there is little safety for buyers where the deal is done outside via PM
On this forum I think more pinballs are sold via PM as in this case where no one has a chance to debate and appraise its condition/worth.
Sometimes a well placed machine in the background of another sales will inspire people jump in trying to snag a bargain.
Another tactic adopted is to list 6 machines that you might want to sell - you're just fishing for offers and private deals

At the end of the days these private sales deprive the forum of revenue to continue something that we all enjoy on a daily basis

Cheers Bob

This does re-kindle the great 'classified ads debate'?

I'm not endorsing the Ebay model but you can appreciate that there is little safety for buyers where the deal is done outside via PM
On this forum I think more pinballs are sold via PM as in this case where no one has a chance to debate and appraise its condition/worth.
Sometimes a well placed machine in the background of another sales will inspire people jump in trying to snag a bargain.
Another tactic adopted is to list 6 machines that you might want to sell - you're just fishing for offers and private deals

At the end of the days these private sales deprive the forum of revenue to continue something that we all enjoy on a daily basis

Cheers B

Selling through classifieds or via a community Escrow service would work.

Back
Top Bottom