What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FunHouse received today

What was the location…? o_O
Dunno but I left Robert Shaw looking after it. He told me he'd look after it for me. Never saw him or his boat again. The pin washed up though and is in great shape needing very little.

fcaebf_f95c4efaa932400bacf8dfa33ee19b6d~mv2.jpg

Any update on this? Has the seller done the right thing yet? Or we still waiting for an update from his imaginary solicitors?

Hopefully you don't mind Adam but I'm going to carefully talk about this in the podcast tonight unless you have any objections?

Absolutely fine with me Mate to cover Funhouse 1.0 Rudy’s Real Nightmare !

Just make sure your lawyers are ok with it we don’t want you ending up at the Old Bailey over this 😆

Eventually I would start a small claims court case against him. He will fail to turn up for it and then, if found in your favour, he will probably still not cough-up and you can get bailiffs to collect the outstanding amount.
Initially you may like to think about returning the machine and fully documenting why it has been returned but take advice from CAB or (if you have home insurance) you may find they have a legal helpline. These legal help services can be used for advice from a legal representative to find out exactly what steps you should take.
In any case you should write to him with a recorded letter stating why you are proposing to return the item and allowing him 14 days to respond. After that go for him but be prepared for it to drag out over many months. For £3k+ I reckon it's worth the effort.

[Edit] The key to dealing with people like this is to let them hoist themselves over the coals. Record every incident and log it all down on a time-line with facts, photos and correspondence.

For the avoidance of any doubt again

I have spoken to my solicitors Brett Wilson who deal with defamation of character and libel I would suggest you all wind your necks in

Some of you may not be aware of what is known as Norwich Pharmacal Orders or the law around libel but I suggest you be careful on what you post I will have no hesitation in defending my legal position and my character

I sold that machine in good faith it’s a 1991 used machine 30 yrs old

The legal responsibility is on the buyer to look for cosmetic defects again the law is unambiguous on this

The machine was fully working and I spent a lot of money with Bob getting the machine to work it included replacement of all leds remote battery to mpu plus led score display and more recently Rudy mechanics plus I changed all the rubbers

If Adam was in any doubt he could of inspected the machine before buying I sent him pictures and a video and told him clearly it was a used machine and in my view in good condition

It had been looked after by me and was clean ( not stored in some old shed )

It was a private sale between two individuals

The law is very clear on this point as well and law of misrepresentation the machine was as described it was a funhouse pinball machine not any other machine

Adam was aware I was buying a new machine and needed the money for my new purchase

I have been informed by my solicitors I am not to enter into any more dialogue as to not predijuce my position
Right this is a rollercoaster.

You're not going to win a Libel Case against anyone if people say what they feel is true, that's not Libel. It's intentionally saying someone you know to be false.

In regards to small claims court, I don't think he's going to get a refund unfortunately. It's hard to prove that it was intentionally misrepresentation of Sale. The one big thing is a screenshot of very good condition and to a reasonable person, this machine most likely meets that description. SCC is relatively costless if you represent yourself. Worth taking up.

What’s stopping you going to his with game in the back of your car and sorting this out on his doorstep?

Speaking from personal experience if you notify the local police in advance of the situation and that your simply going for a peaceful resolution as he is ignoring you via phone contact they likely won’t even send a car if he calls the local bobbies.

People like this “scumbag cowards” which I believe to be a true description of the seller ;) usually act very differently when it’s in person face to face compared to over text or any sort of keyboard.

I wonder if in the for sale section we can have a thread where people can list trustworthy sellers?, at least then members can have a quick look and look up the ‘reviews’ before making a purchase. If someone is not there probably best to do a bit more research.

Quite a few members on here I’d happily buy blind if they say the pin is good, but threads like this really make me weary of others now.
That would be useful

You can simply click on a sellers name and look at all of their previous forum interaction. It’s a quick and easy way to check if they’ve sold or bought before, you get a vibe for how much input they have to this forum. That’s a good first step.

I have sold pins via PM and have still donated, I’m sure other members have too.
I have traded one via PM and donated, but we both sent each other lots of pics and I sent videos and arranged what's app going through the condition in detail, without a PM on the off chance we both would not have got the pins we both wanted 😁

@Ads Nems - I can not believe I am reading this. Having had time away from this group due to other important things in my life I am really amazed that the seller has just not done the right thing.

At the moment I have all the forms filled in to take another forum member to small claims court. I will be going thru with this legal action as it is more the principle and not the money!

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 23.50.51.png

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 23.54.02.png

Has the seller got any money? By the sound of it they do not.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 00.01.44.png

Have you considered approaching the seller for a partial refund that would maybe take the cost of the machine down to where it should be (I would personally want £1500 back) ?

I am sure you just want this put behind you, move on and enjoy this hobby.

In the 'ideal world' you should not have to consider doing any of this. The seller could just simply refund you, even if he has to sell on Family Guy - or if it's a route you want to take, a partial refund.

The thing with court cases is it will drag on, wind you up and it will more than likely not be heard for months. You also have to have papers served to him from his local court - so when you attend, you will have to go to his local court and be put out even more. Add some more costs for fuel, hotels, time off work etc.....

In reference to the last point, I am incredibly stubborn and would more than likely ignore my own advice.

Karma is also a wonderful thing as mentioned lots of times on this post.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the best with it. Thank goodness this is an isolated case.

The sad thing is, it's really not though
If you are buying anything in the region of, let’s say…3.5k upwards 2nd hand do you feel 100% comfortable doing so with some photos and a discussion?
If so then go for it.
I travel all over the country on a regular basis. I don’t get a nose bleed with a bit of travel out my area so it’s worth to go look at potential purchase whether a car, pin or anything else.
I remember I bought a car blind once for the Mrs without seeing it from a reputable garage.
I got them to agree in writing that it had never been in ANY accident prior to delivery from Sheffield.
They drew everything up.
It got delivered.
Mrs all excited, within15 mins of drop off I noticed it had a rear panel replaced.
I kept the car, but got a good enough discount via my written disclaimer after they explained it was a staff car and the receptionist was a bit crap at reversing.
They showed me the in house repair invoice etc…. So all was well and I accepted that.
Were they 100% honest as a seller?

Last edited:
Wow, Just found out about this thread by listening to the latest chinwag.

plus I changed all the rubbers

1638567518096.png

When? 15 years ago?

You horrible deceiving **cker !

I felt really bad about passing on the demolished man to @newdos but I helped out wherever I could in his restoration. Even taking his ramps to get riveted and returning them the same day.

Back
Top Bottom