What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking Dead

Best I've had is over 800mil. (I HAVE had over 4BILLION, but that was on 5 balls LMS completed awards well over 1Bil)

I always go for drops first BEFORE going for Prison MB, that way you can set up bloodbath.
Never use shot multiplier unless going for Crossbow, had over 100mil from that shot alone.
Riot is a good mode to take into MB, as switch hits increase shot collection score.
I'm not a great fan of CDC as a mode, always seems to be the lowest scoring mode for me. Barn can be good IF the feed out of pops isn't too bad

Unfortunately after shooting the drop targets ball is always out of control, feed out of pops can be nasty you just need to play around with the playfield angle - but the shallower you have it the more drains down the outlines you'll get.

Prison door does not always register on every TWD I've played, just seems to be one of those things.

Best I've had is over 800mil. (I HAVE had over 4BILLION, but that was on 5 balls LMS completed awards well over 1Bil)

I always go for drops first BEFORE going for Prison MB, that way you can set up bloodbath.
Never use shot multiplier unless going for Crossbow, had over 100mil from that shot alone.
Riot is a good mode to take into MB, as switch hits increase shot collection score.
I'm not a great fan of CDC as a mode, always seems to be the lowest scoring mode for me. Barn can be good IF the feed out of pops isn't too bad

Unfortunately after shooting the drop targets ball is always out of control, feed out of pops can be nasty you just need to play around with the playfield angle - but the shallower you have it the more drains down the outlines you'll get.

Prison door does not always register on every TWD I've played, just seems to be one of those things.
The key to CDC Wayne is to finish the mode with a multiplier shot.

I meant move the posts to narrow the outlanes either side. there are 2 posts one either side that can be moved a few mm to stop the ball drainning as much

CDC is much harder to make on a premium /LE as the Bicycle Girl ramp is much more difficult to make than on a pro.
It's my weakest dead feature by far from not being able to constantly make the ramp shot because it tends to jump off with it not being a fixed ramp.
Great score by the way, wish I could come close. I need to see if anything can be done to the ramp were the hinge is to smooth it out more and hopefully make it a more consistent shot.

I didn't have any issues making the ramp shot on my LE so maybe yours does need tweaking. I put small foam pads underneath to protect the playfield so it was raised slightly. They weren't the official ones from the Stern service bulletin but did the same job.

It's the hinge pivot on the ramp that causes the problem.
Every other premium and LE that I have heard off have a similar problem.
If you are constantly making the shot then you are one of the lucky ones.
Will be tweaking mine now to try and get somewhere close to Andrews score.

I think you're right Daz. It's swings and roundabouts though because I'm certain the Riot shot is a tad easier on the Premium/LE's. I really struggle to hit the Riot shot on my Pro.

This ramp mod I bought has made the shot smoother - if, if I hit centre it is always good. Trouble is I miss more often than not:oops:IMG_0763.JPG

on mine I had to tweek the hinge on the ramp,as the ramp was slightly below the main ramp, just adjust the screws a bit , also the foam pads supplied by pph made the ramp rise a couple of mm off the surface of the playfield, this made a load of difference , plays really nice now

New update out from the master man - Cleland

Lots of new speech quotes from Negan etc

See here:

LE/Premium version here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND_7.BIN

Pro Version here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156_CLELAND_7.BIN

Apparantly there is a more R rated one coming at the weekend to :D
Having never seen an episode, and probably won't bother, will I miss the point of this version? The stock audio seems adequate, but could be improved.

Cant believe they don't give you the additional mounting kit or the clear plastic screen for free. I mean jesus the thing must be nearly 1000% profit!

I ended up having the modify the slots on an earlier (wood panel) new pinbits stern screen plastic with my trusty dremel, as good old stern have moved the mount positions ever so slightly...

Having never seen an episode, and probably won't bother, will I miss the point of this version? The stock audio seems adequate, but could be improved.

why did you even bother getting a game if you don't watch the show. Christ, you must like 'hill billy' impersonators... ;)

Cant believe they don't give you the additional mounting kit or the clear plastic screen for free. I mean jesus the thing must be nearly 1000% profit!

I ended up having the modify the slots on an earlier (wood panel) new pinbits stern screen plastic with my trusty dremel, as good old stern have moved the mount positions ever so slightly...
I agree. I wouldn't even mind if they added a fiver on the cost of games that need a mounting kit.

You have stock sound Paul ? Crikey. The main voice in it sounds more like Mater from Cars.

SPOILER ALERT for people only on season 2.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the show and all the different character call outs in clelands version. It makes you remember all the episodes as you play and the different things that have happened.

When i hear Hershels callouts i still get upset...

Well there go all my high scores.
Ah well hope its worth it, think I might wait for the R rated version.

Yep, because the theme means absolutely nothing to me. It's only the ruleset (and lovely ColorDMD) that keeps me interested.

:eek::eek::tut::hmm: Surely the sound update would be worth while to add variety and get rid of hill billy bob impersonator from your game?

why did you even bother getting a game if you don't watch the show. Christ, you must like 'hill billy' impersonators... ;)
I've got a ST pro and love it, yet I've never watched a single TV episode or film related to anything Star Trek

I've got a ST pro and love it, yet I've never watched a single TV episode or film related to anything Star Trek

Bingo. But i actually like Star Trek! And i own Congo because i think monkeys are funny (technically Gorillas, i appreciate).

....There's a thread somewhere about theme vs. gameplay ?

Also don't watch the show but the game is just so good - scoring strategies are insane and I haven't learnt how to do them all yet.

I also put the TOOL edition in occasionally as the game becomes a 'music' pin for a while:)

Back
Top Bottom