What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete The Shadow Shop Log

Now soldered on the correct way but still not working but working unless I wiggle the cable like this....
img.photobucket.com_albums_v393_RudeDogg1_th_SV201118_zpsc6fbae5d.jpg

think I need to redo the join in the wire? or is it likely to be something else? I will re do the join first and see where that leads

wtf dude? that was the most boring video i ever watched, i kept waiting for something good to happen.

yes, if doing that makes the connection come and go, then it's not a good connection.

yes, just done it again and redid the join still nothing bloody things starting to pish me off :0(

could it be anything to do with the wire im using which is the finest I could find round here 16/0.2 its only a fraction thicker but has a lot more strands

Hold each end of the suspect wire and pull it apart as hard as you can. If the conductor is fractured, the sleeve will break at the fracture, if the conductor is good it won't snap.

Just did some more investigating I traced all the opto wires bk to their connectors. All have continuity even my joins. Then I tested for dc on the opto 4 pin opto connector. The 2 outer pins was showing 15. Something and the middle 2 was 219 and 280 something. Does that mean the optos are duff?

Means nothing. You need to give us more specifics, which opto connector, what range your meter is reading, what units are you reading.

If you're not sure about the meter, then practice on some known voltages like the test points on the power driver.

Bear in mind that some people will be trying to help by referring to circuit diagrams, so you have to be absolutely specific about what you are measuring and exactly where you are measuring it.

Ok ill try

I'm measuring from the female connector to the inner sanctum optos. I've traced all wires to the corresponding connectors on the opto sw10 pcb which are as follows:

J1 - 9 cathode ground, black.
J2 - 9 + 12 vcc, grey / yellow.
J4 - 1A grey / orange.
J4 - 5 E10 orange / black.

I have continuity from all of these to the female connector.

With the machine powered up and coin door shut I tested for dc voltage on each of the female inner sanctum opto connector terminals. The readings I'm getting are:

J4 - 1 terminal: 16.35 v
J4 - 5 terminal: 089.3 mv
J1 terminal: 103.7 mv
J2 terminal: 16.38 v

I also get continuity from each lug on the mini opto boards to each corresponding pin on the male connector.

Hope this is more help.

What causes insert lamp holders to light weakly? I assume its a current issue I just replaced one thinking it was just worn out there's a little improvement but not a lot

****tie machine is really starting to **** me off. So I put in a new pair of optos and nothing and now the right ramp ones arnt working. Even replaced the tiny circuit board I thought was the ring and flasher culprit nope that didn't work either so still no better off ffs. If I could chuck the bloody thing out the window it would of gone out there by now

im getting 15 volts from 2 of the pins on each of the opto connectors including the working one and 240+ on the other 2 on each. not sure if they are open or not not really sure how to decipher the matrix.

photo.JPG

Rudi,

What meter are you using?(you really shouldn't be getting 240 VDC at an opto? )
- Is it auto ranging or do you need to manually set the range before you test it ?
- Is there a choice of sockets to connect the probes to ?

(A link to the model or a photo would be useful)

Cheers
Geoff

Back
Top Bottom