What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete TAF, fullish rebuild

Yeh - Where's all the metal corner brackets??? The braid has to run over those to earth them...!!!

I'm putting the corner brackets over the earth , think it will look better , the earth is right near the holes so screws will catch the braiding anyway , still have to clean the corner brackets, they are quite pitted , can you get replacement ones any where ?

Getting somewhere near

Things still to do-
Clean playfield and wiring harness , temp, ( full referb later)
Polish backbox hinges and corner brackets
Fit stern corner protectors when they arrive , temp felt fitted.
Polish backbox speakers , clean speaker housing
Polish and fit brackets/hinges for lightbox board
Fit connectors to backbox speakers and light board
Fit felt to side of playfield and back of backbox hinges
Polish side rails and fit install playfield , feed wiring through to back box and reconnect all wiring , check everything
Power up and test ,

I think that just about covers it , going back to Africa on Tuesday so we,ll see what I get done before then image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Wiring harnesses cleaned , one installed ( not tidied up yet) waiting for the wife to give me a lift with the playfield !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 16
Wife cut out the felt for side of playfield , and give me a lift with the playfield into the cabinet , ( no damage done) , So thanks to her , just need to finish the wiring , clean the playfield and test , some of the polishing can be done as I go through it . Might be some " what is this wire for " threads coming out soon ! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 17
Wife cut out the felt for side of playfield , and give me a lift with the playfield into the cabinet , ( no damage done) , So thanks to her , just need to finish the wiring , clean the playfield and test , some of the polishing can be done as I go through it . Might be some " what is this wire for " threads coming out soon ! ;)

I hear ya!!! Same here!!... Along with "x doesnt work... why doesnt x work... :(" threads!!

Oh not yet... but I will.... I did the complete playfield replacement too... I'm waiting to put it back together to find what I've missed or haven't wired up (Or more worryingly, what i may have wired incorrectly!!!)

The longer its left, the more difficult it is when you come to put it all back together.
And your TAF's been a while.

Good luck.

Any pic's needed give us a shout.

Lol - i was referring to Wh2o, tho as soon as that's up and running so I have something to play then TAF will be done. And I'm really not looking forward to that one (thanks Daz - may well need it!!)

Conservatory back to normal( for the time being ) machines all covered up , no more shop logs for a month , back to work for 28 days (TAF is working , but no side rails or backbox hinges on -so told the kids they cannot play on that one - bad daddy ) later , lee image.jpg

Good to see they are protected from the sun as they are in the conservatory.
Then again there not been to much sun lately.

Crackin' work, @Lee ellison! Just read your shop log cover-to-cover. Very impressed with the work you did inside the cabinet and the purple paint gets my vote! I'm looking to do exactly the same thing to my Bally Paragon. I don't fancy messing with those "cling film" decals but luckily Paragon is an old-school two-tone stencil job. This level of restoration is like custom hot rod cars. Lots of bling and shine :) Not to everyone's taste - but it'd be a dull world if we were all the same.

Last edited:
Marco s
Where did you get the covers from? May need to invest in some!
marco specialities, post was very quick , had to pay £20 Import when they arrived , but overall happy with purchase , one thing to point out they do not cover the lower cabinet fully at the back and bottom at the back of cab. , but I,m going together me mam to sew some braiding along the bottom edge so it covers all the decal and I don,t great any fading in the odd place !

@Steve has lent me a set (which shamefully i havent had chance to try yet), however those are from Marco. Looking to get some made locally, both just "covers" and some a little thicker to protect in transport..... Must start looking into that again....

:eek::cool::cool:
Crackin' work, @Lee ellison! Just read your shop log cover-to-cover. Very impressed with the work you did inside the cabinet and the purple paint gets my vote! I'm looking to do exactly the same thing to my Bally Paragon. I don't fancy messing with those "cling film" decals but luckily Paragon is an old-school two-tone stencil job. This level of restoration is like custom hot rod cars. Lots of bling and shine :) Not to everyone's taste - but it'd be a dull world if we were all the same.
thanks ,, yeh i like the bling , thinking of doing the same on my FT after this is done , got some decals coming from OZ , and that will be bright orange inside to match the bright orange on the side of the cabinet ,

Just got home and a few of the bits I was waiting on have arrived, also can,t remember where I put some of the other bits when I tidied up a month ago !:rolleyes:image.jpgimage.jpgBackk on the refurb tomorrow , don,t know where to start !

Just got home and a few of the bits I was waiting on have arrived, also can,t remember where I put some of the other bits when I tidied up a month ago !:rolleyes:View attachment 5840View attachment 5841Backk on the refurb tomorrow , don,t know where to start !

i know your pain. Bought 2x 5647-12693-21 switches about 2 months ago. Can i find them now? Can i ****.

Back
Top Bottom