What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete TAF, fullish rebuild

Looking nice and smooth, should be fine for a long time with home use.
What are you using to polish the metal with? Fancy doing a tips and tricks video as you appear to be getting a great result?
Thanks , Yeh should be able to do a polishing tips and tricks video . Still got a mountain of stuff to polish , can you upload a video quite easily or does it take ages to load , cheers lee

Still mini/ big , not full I,m going to do the playfield , inserts and clearcoat at a later date , everything else will be cleaned and tidied up , I hear what yr saying , I don,t think there's such a thing as a mini rebuild when it comes to pinball , you go to clean /fix one bit and you find another bit to do ;)

It's going back together at the mo. Some of the larger bits that need cleaning under the playfield I will do individually , otherwise I think I will loose track of what goes where. My hat goes off to any of you,s who have done a full playfield strip down ! Taking it down to the bare wood! :clap:

For most people, I think you are going far enough to call this a full rebuild though I hear what you are saying about inserts.
I also recognise what you say about just starting on one part leading to a much larger project as you see the next dirty bit.

My CFTBL was close enough to a back to wood on top and underneath but underneath was done piece at a time so there was not a mass of wired to deal with. The pop bumpers were easy to remove as they didn't have lights in (original), I added lights to make the next rebuild harder. ;)

Wow, definetly less blury in the second picture. ;)
And cleaning up nicely, the metal work is looking very good.

Top of playfield nearly done , good job , cos I,m getting bored . Tomorrow I,m welding up the 3kickouts that are broken . Then hopefully test time , I,ll clean the rest of the underside. Bit by bit ' happy days Nearly forgot , I,ve got to clean up and strip the bookcase ! image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom