What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete TAF, fullish rebuild

One side done , just to trim , tried on my own and without keeping tension on the back edge it just kept getting creases and it was sticking that well that you could not push them out. So I think it's a defo 2man job when the decals are tis thin ! Look at the close up , it's like cling film !:confused:image.jpgimage.jpg

Lee that looks great!

You're looking at it with a magnifying glass at the moment, once it's finished with the legs, door and trim on, sat upright and working it will look amazing.

Lee that looks great!

You're looking at it with a magnifying glass at the moment, once it's finished with the legs, door and trim on, sat upright and working it will look amazing.
Thanks Steve , yeh yr probably right , loads of miniscule air bubbles which is no probs getting out with a pin and I found my thumb the best , had a couple of scary mo,s when it stuck down with creases , so had to pull it back and it pulled some of the filler up , the adhesive is that tacky , anyway managed to clean it up ,small fault in it , barely noticeable and if I,m being anal some of the hand is going to go missing under the side rail, it was the way this was printed , tried to get it as close to the original that come off but it was impossible , thus decal set is not exactly like the original , any way I bet no-one would have noticed unless I said . less of my blabbing anyway
Thanks again for your help.

First time and all that , you're doing a great job.
Like Steve has said its going to look amazing once its on its legs and all the hardwear on.
Well done that man.

Might of been better with the wet method. I think you've done well tho wander why the decals were so thin? My shadow head decals were quite thick

Mine were the same werent they @replicas..... :( In fact yours look more like my slightly darker ones every time i look at them.......

Aint got a clue as it was approx 4 years ago....!!! Just looks far to similar to be a co-incidence... It was in the US tho... I seem to remember somewhere quite well known too....

And he's in the finishing straight , well decaling that is , just a trim now and that all the decals done , jackpot , and I must thank the wife for holding the other end, while I,m laying it down !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 10
Congrats dude. I admire your attitude, it's something I think I could never do. It'd shave too many years off my life with stress.

Some good news as well, the wire braid is back in stock and has been dispatched , might get it somewhere near done before I go back to Africa , playfield is just going to get a good clean for now , might look at playfield resto later .

I was hoping the braiding might turn up today , no luck , done some more polishing , marked where I want the braiding to go , so it's all ready for it to arrive , then put back together , can't wait:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 23
Yeh, paint them bolts black.
Also don't over tighten any bolts until the decals have had a chance to adhere to the cabinet, Tighten everything when you get back from Africa.
Should save you getting any wrinkles in the decals.

Back
Top Bottom