What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete TAF, fullish rebuild

If they are in reasonable condition, I would just to keep them with the machine. Most of mine were trash and didn't go back in.

image.jpgTemp put together and hide all the s--t laying around the conservatory, bloody guests coming , I say just close the curtains and don,t tell em we have a conservatory , .

Still waiting on decals and wire braiding , hopefully come soon or I,ll be running out of work

image.jpg image.jpg Guests gone so machine back to bits and conservatory a mess again .

Ply wood secured to base , edges sealed , ready for more paint when the sealant and glue go off ,

never ending this pinball resto! image.jpgimage.jpg

Looks nice. I could never get a good finish with gloss. Why prep did you do? May give it another go with my addams.

Plenty of filler and I used a 3mm sheet of ply on the bottom of cabinet , you can,t get a smooth finish on the original fibreboard , unless you use special sealer and paints , if you get close there are a couple of imperfections , but when it hardens fully I,ll give it a mop and polish , same as what you use on car paint ! . Hopefully by tomorrow all paintwork finished , but still waiting on decals and new earth braid . Still , I've got loads more hardware polishing to do .

Also it's a satin black and a satin purple I used , not as glossy ! Also fine sandpaper in between coats , also used an acrylic sealer around the joins to give a nice clean line , you can paint over acrylic sealer
Lee

He's right tho Lee - Looking great there :)
Thanks Paul , here it is this morning with a bit of bling added , can,t do much else till the braid or the decals arrive , might mark out in felt tip the routes for the wire braiding ! , just to keep myself busy image.jpgQuite happy with it myself so far , it's a big learning curve

Don't get carried away putting all those cool shiny bits on Lee, they'll get in the way when you start re-braiding!

Don't get carried away putting all those cool shiny bits on Lee, they'll get in the way when you start re-braiding!
ooh yes... you have to braid under the Power box, over the leg plates etc etc....

Yeh I know lads , the big bits are just sat in place , not screwed in yet , I'm looking at how to run the braid , so these bits are helping me find the best route , I don't like the way the original braiding cut corners and went on angles , I think I will try and run all the braid at right angles to try and keep it looking tidy

For your first time resto you are certainly doing a great job.
Keep up the good work.

Bet you can't wait to make a start on the decals.

For your first time resto you are certainly doing a great job.
Keep up the good work.

Bet you can't wait to make a start on the decals.
I,m looking forward to doing the decals , but scared Sh------ss. I just want to make a good job of them ,
I've been watching loads of " how to videos" on decals , so should be ok.
I'm going to do the dry method as I want as much adhesion onto the cabinet as possible , if anyone has any other tips or what not to do , please let me know.
Lee

looks lovely m8, just been rebraiding mine to
Thaks , yrs is coming along nicely and looks fab , where did you get the braiding from ,I got some online from the uk , but they did not tell me it is not in stock so might get it end of the week , but I go back to Africa next Tuesday , might have to finish it when I get back in March !

I,m looking forward to doing the decals , but scared Sh------ss. I just want to make a good job of them ,
I've been watching loads of " how to videos" on decals , so should be ok.
I'm going to do the dry method as I want as much adhesion onto the cabinet as possible , if anyone has any other tips or what not to do , please let me know.
Lee

Dry is best IMO, fool-proof too as long as you get the positioning right. A good tip is to leave the decals laying out in a warm room for a few days prior to using them to make sure they are completely flat.

Buy yourself some of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Irwi...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2ecdd20744

and stick some felt on each jaw so they don't mark the decals.

Back
Top Bottom