What's new

Garden pinball house?

They are led strips and you need a transformer every 5m I think. I enquired with Matt as I wanted to do it in mine but I don't have enough sockets :-(

They are led strips and you need a transformer every 5m I think. I enquired with Matt as I wanted to do it in mine but I don't have enough sockets :-(
He must be using a better controller than the standard fare on ebay that I'm using with my LED strips, mine cant do that wave transition between colours, just the usual fade and strobe etc.

Edit, it seems you need more expensive RGB strips with 6803 chips built in to do all the chasing/wave effects plus a better controller. Is that how you did yours Matt?

Last edited:
Sorry guys but I'm not by my computer all day!! They are basically these kits

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221416521...49&var=520292888686&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's not the people I used and I don't have a record, sorry. Gaz is right, it needs a transformer every 5M to keep them bright, there are over 100 effects and loads of different colours and you can vary the speed, really cool, you can change the colour of the whole room by changing them all to blue, red etc. I needed 35M and I think that cost around £230 all in but worth it as its such a long run the effect is great.

If you need any more info LMK.

The comment about no windows was what planning said, they just couldn't get their head round it that if I put a window in I couldn't put a machine there, also no fading, a plan with no drawbacks.

Finally got building control round today and they signed it off, happy days

Matt.

Been following this thread with interest as I also built my games room myself,both look great by the way,after I watched Matt's video I decided to watch his others watched his LAH video as that is the machine I have at the moment and I think I actually own this machine now as there seems to be a slight touch up at the words chicken on the playfield the same as mine could be wrong though.

It is that because I bought it off john last year excellent condition you must have looked after it well all I have added is leg protectors and of course changed the translight small world?

I got it from a guy who brought it direct from an operator over 16 years ago and it has been home use ever since, my Star Wars is the same. I changed the translate as well but John preferred the old one!!

I could see him doing that he doesn't like to change anything likes to keep them original going up to see him next week hopefully on the lookout for another machine myself see what I can coax him into selling :)

Sorry guys but I'm not by my computer all day!! They are basically these kits

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221416521178?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=520292888686&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's not the people I used and I don't have a record, sorry. Gaz is right, it needs a transformer every 5M to keep them bright, there are over 100 effects and loads of different colours and you can vary the speed, really cool, you can change the colour of the whole room by changing them all to blue, red etc. I needed 35M and I think that cost around £230 all in but worth it as its such a long run the effect is great.

If you need any more info LMK.

Matt.

Have PM'd you Matt to pick your brains further.

Cheers

Kev

Been a busy weekend with Mr @replicas hard at it:

s13.postimg.org_ltwne9i3b_DSCF1271.jpg

Got onto floor too with 95% of it now laid:

s28.postimg.org_3x11xh2wd_DSCF1274.jpg

s7.postimg.org_m34m1shej_Wood_002.jpg

Plasterboard arriving this week and hopefully boarding it out this weekend after @Mooseman has given my wiring the seal of approval. :).....:tut:

Massive thanks to both these guys for their help so far. Will be Chief Labourer for yours next year. ;)

See u thurs. Just talking to mark. Are you putting in a supply for smoke detector?

John, the missus is working most of this weekend, if you're in need of a hand Saturday or Sunday let me know.

Thanks for the offer Ian.

Still time to run a 1.5 across ceiling to the consumer unit

B*llocks to that. Celotex was a pain in the ass putting up and getting it to stay up, so I ain't touching it. Whether the smoke detector is battery or mains powered, no-one is going to hear it in the house anyway.

Six months later and it's finally finished. Stung me about £12K in total with three machines sacrificed including my NIB ST. Looking forward to this weekend to set up the pins including five loaners to fill it up. :). Got some playfields and posters to hang up too to put some colour into those white walls.

s22.postimg.org_5cpx9bw9t_20150127_100516.jpg

s13.postimg.org_no7j41obr_20150127_100620.jpg

Massive thanks to @replicas, @Mooseman @Matt Adams plus Mark of NLP for all their help, but particularly Darren for several weekends sacrificed, really couldn't have done it without you mate. :thumbs: Thanks also to @Steve C and Darren again (!) for the loaners. Cheers.

Here's John after all the pins have gone in:

i.imgur.com_DHrcZ0W.gif

Great job everyone, showing once again how great real the pinball community is :thumbs:

Looks amazeballs. Just need to get all those pins in now.. and stand em on their ends.

Lovely stuff.

Keep it coming guys - i'm taking notes for the day when I get moved to a place with a big enough garden to build something similar.

Back
Top Bottom