What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garden pinball house?

Is it the greenhouse AND shed together?

Think heads may need to come off to go through the shed door

:p

Build it bigger.
You will wish you had.
No matter how big you build it won't be enough.
Good to see it's started.

I wish I had built mine an exta 1m deep, another pin on each side;-) I'm outta space and GREAT looking pins are coming out thick and fast,

6m X 4m
4 pins down each side with quite a bit of room. 2 more on the way and looking at possibility of another, but is going to be tight.

Is that a similar size to Luke's?

Bit bigger... approx. 6.5 X 4.5. Room for 14.

Build it bigger.
You will wish you had.
No matter how big you build it won't be enough.
Good to see it's started.

If I had:

(i) Permission
(ii) The cash
(iii) Total lack of control over buying an excess of machines

I would have built a bigger one on the lawn shown on the left...... but I have neither of these (although the third one is questionable).

s8.postimg.org_ajpyryxh1_DSC_0005.jpg

Last edited:
6m X 4m
4 pins down each side with quite a bit of room. 2 more on the way and looking at possibility of another, but is going to be tight.

Presume that's external? I worked out an internal of 6.4 X 4.2 to get a row of 8 and 3 either side of double door (in centre). Should be 1.4m space for two persons standing back to back when playing machines.... if I got it right.

Last edited:
Yep internal is 5.6m ish With insulation and plasterboard an width in 3.8

Reckon I can fit 6 comfortably down the back with space between the backbones as not to rub.

I'm going to have to go out and draw up a plan tomorrow

Reactions: JMP
That second picture makes the area look much bigger.
Time to start getting excited. A brand new games room (man cave) what can be better than that?

Have you put some pics up Paul ?
Can't say I've seen anything. How big and what's in there now pics please.

Wow. You decided to build in block ?? Now more bungalow than shed :D

As a bricklayer i'll be keeping an eye on you :p don't forget your wall ties and damp proof course...oops, just relooked and you have it in. Hopefully 2 rolls of 4". Don't bridge the cavity

Si

Hi Si, spent ages mulling over it back and forth tbh. Went for block build in the end but not me doing it, got local builders in recommended by family member who works with them occasionally. Seem very thorough and concerned about doing it right.

However, I've cocked up a bit on the space between pin rows so, to gain a little more internal space, insulation is likely going against inside of external wall (which will be rendered externally) and faced internally with ply or plasterboard. Means there'll be no air cavity but intend applying vapour barrier to timber frame before internal facing. Hope you approve ! ;)

Last edited:
Just fill the cavity with timy beads, a la cavity insulation... :) Easy :) and loose no space :)

There won't be one Paul as I need to increase internal space. Was considering thermaline block for internal wall with air cavity until I realised my internal depth wasn't really enough. As materials will be up to inside of external wall, installing a vapour barrier instead.

Looking good. Big garden space you got there! The goats might not appreciate their weirdy-goat-eyes view being obscured by your Pinball house.

Thanks all. Once finished, hoping to feel better about sacrificing machines...

Looking good. Big garden space you got there! The goats might not appreciate their weirdy-goat-eyes view being obscured by your Pinball house.

Ha ha, this is their view. Such a shame.... :D. Fortunately the missus doesn't mind as it blocks nosy neighbours view into garden.

s18.postimg.org_n7h5x3osp_DSC_0025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom